Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_6171482,00.html

The Wallabies are facing up to the prospect of naming two inexperienced hookers for their June 5 Test with Fiji due to injury concerns.

Already without the services of first-choice starter Stephen Moore, who is just in the early stages of 12 weeks of recovery for a fractured jaw, coach Robbie Deans has now been hit by the news that Tatafu Polota-Nau is struggling with a shoulder.

It was fairly apparent during the closing stages of their Super 14 campaign that the powerful Waratahs front-rower had been suffering but continued to play through the pain barrier.

However, that call looks to have back-fired for Polota-Nau, with Reds man Saia Faingaa and Brumbies number two Huia Edmonds the likely men to fill jerseys 2 and 16 when they tackle the Fijians at Canberra Stadium a week on Saturday.

Australia's following fixtures in June will be against England (twice) and then Ireland.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_6171482,00.html

The Wallabies are facing up to the prospect of naming two inexperienced hookers for their June 5 Test with Fiji due to injury concerns.

Already without the services of first-choice starter Stephen Moore, who is just in the early stages of 12 weeks of recovery for a fractured jaw, coach Robbie Deans has now been hit by the news that Tatafu Polota-Nau is struggling with a shoulder.

It was fairly apparent during the closing stages of their Super 14 campaign that the powerful Waratahs front-rower had been suffering but continued to play through the pain barrier.

However, that call looks to have back-fired for Polota-Nau, with Reds man Saia Faingaa and Brumbies number two Huia Edmonds the likely men to fill jerseys 2 and 16 when they tackle the Fijians at Canberra Stadium a week on Saturday.

Australia's following fixtures in June will be against England (twice) and then Ireland.

Seems like the suitable sort of players to be playing Fiji

Huia Edmonds is a class hooker, always gives something when he comes on for the Brumbies. I still think Freier is another option for the Wallabies.

Huia Edmonds is a class hooker, always gives something when he comes on for the Brumbies. I still think Freier is another option for the Wallabies.

I think that he is one of the best attacking hookers in the game, possibly one of the best ball running hookers ever. He has been throwing sidesteps and perfect chip kicks for years. He is not great in the scrum or the ruck and unreliable in the lineout though so as far as hookers go he isnt that great. I remember hearing about him tearing up the Australian club scene and everyone was calling for him to make the super 12, he got his opportunity for the Waratahs against the Crusaders. The pack got reamed and the Crusaders stacked 90 odd points on them, then he dissapeared for a while.

Edmonds is a good option for a loose game like Fiji, but he would be a liability against tier 1 teams

I think that he is one of the best attacking hookers in the game, possibly one of the best ball running hookers ever. He has been throwing sidesteps and perfect chip kicks for years. He is not great in the scrum or the ruck and unreliable in the lineout though so as far as hookers go he isnt that great. I remember hearing about him tearing up the Australian club scene and everyone was calling for him to make the super 12, he got his opportunity for the Waratahs against the Crusaders. The pack got reamed and the Crusaders stacked 90 odd points on them, then he dissapeared for a while.

Edmonds is a good option for a loose game like Fiji, but he would be a liability against tier 1 teams
Perhaps with this chance Edmonds could become a more consistant hooker and not just one for 30 minutes each match.

Latest posts