• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hooker

DaniBM8

Academy Player
Country Flag
Romania
Club or Nation
Romania
Hi! My current positions is 6 and 8 but i will be moved to 2 because i'm pretty short( 1.76 cm and 82 kg). I really enjoy playing in the back row so I am not very happy with the move.
I want to know how it is to play like a hooker. Tell me about it.

In my team I have to play everywhere because my team isen't expierienced and although I am a back rower I sometimes get pushed into hooker, it isen't that different, just you throw line outs and you need to learn scrums again

i play around half my rugby at 2 other half at 7
im pretty much the same size as you aswell.

from personal experience for people our size its far easier to still play like a flanker just with different set piece duties. lineout throwing isnt that hard to master you just need to practice and figure out your own personal way of throwing the ball consistently.

scrums on the other hand you really need to learn the technique. i used to play prop at youth level so i have an advantage but having a strong scummaging hooker can turn your scrums fortunes around. personally i prefer the position as there is less of a set idea of how your meant to play unlike flanker

I am about 180-cm and I played Hooker, what I used to do in the scrums for hooker the ball would be to twist my body slightly so my feet are sideways also having long legs help, I found it was easier to scoop the ball back this way, well used to win more scrums than lose them, also if it was a power scrum you were going for its very easy to get dragged along as your arms are pretty much stuck, so leg strength I find is a must so work on that as you will be pushing a lot with the legs without the traction of using your arms to pull against, I also found with my feet slightly turned I used to be able to get more foot into the ground to help with pushing in the scrum.

The linouts I found was much much easier to throw in one handed I really dont get why players these days throw them two handed I find it makes it much harder and more prone to going a different direction in the air.

Bloody horrible. Que the hooker gets injured and you have the 7 players in the pack looking at their toes thinking 'coach don't pick me to go there'.

Some people really take a shine to it however!

I play at a very low level but I'm still the one of the smallest and lightest in the pack and I play hooker, but I like it. Although I have injured my back a few times and if the props are getting destroyed its not fun for me.

hello,
I found your forum a few days ago, frankly I congratulate you, it is very diverse and very complete. I wish you good luck, you're doing a great job, bravo, and thank you to devote time and allow us to discover a whole bunch of things.

referencement site web maroc

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hello,
I found your forum a few days ago, frankly I congratulate you, it is very diverse and very complete. I wish you good luck, you're doing a great job, bravo, and thank you to devote time and allow us to discover a whole bunch of things.

referencement site web maroc

:)
My evil bot-twin! I thought I had scourged the internet of you, yet here we meet again. DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I like him can we keep him pleeeeease, I promise I'll feed him every day and bring him on walks. I've always wanted a trollbot

Latest posts