• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hore and Sivivatu most likely in the EOYT Squad

That's cool but I think they should pick it on form rather then reputation. We all know what they can do but I wouldn't mind seeing players like Jason Rutledge, Lelia Masaga, Robert Fruean get a crack at the EOYT. None of the NH teams have scored against us in the last 2 Grand Slams and we thrashed them in the 2005 Grand Slam too. Everyones too worried about the RWC next year we should be thinking about developing the new players rather then tryna give our veterans game time so they'll be ready for the RWC.

I like the idea of form over reputation as well but there is one little problem. This is the last all black series before the world cup, I honestly believe it's pretty much too late to blood new players. Do we really want to rely on players in a world cup when the most caps they will have is ~5 or so given that it's unlikely a player blooded now will play every game or even most gamess before then.

I think less than a year out from the world cup the AB coaches will have tagged a group of ~35 players they are going to concentrate on as a 30man squad and a few backups to cover injury.

And I also think the AB coaches will see Mills, Jane and Sivivatu as the best back 3 and Hore & Mealamu as the top hookers. And in the past both Hore & Sivi have returned from injury very well.

Latest posts