• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hore in line to make comeback against Cheetahs

M

munross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
All Blacks and Hurricanes hooker Andrew Hore says that he hopes to make his comeback to rugby in New Plymouth on Saturday against the Cheetahs.

Hore has been out of rugby action since he injured his ankle just minutes into the All Blacks Bledisloe Cup match against Australia in Hong Kong last November.

Hore was then forced out of the All Blacks Grand Slam tour and returned home to have surgery on his ankle.

Since that time he says he has been chomping at the bit to play.

"Hopefully I'll get some game time in the next couple of weeks," he told Taranaki Daily News from Wellington yesterday.

"It would be good to get up there (New Plymouth) and have a run. It would be pretty special to play at home. Hopefully a good crowd will turn up."

Whether or not Hore actually makes his comeback this weekend depends on how he goes through training this week.

"I've been doing a lot of fitness work ... running, treadmill, cycling ... but I haven't had a lot of scrummaging and contact work.

"I've got that this week and we'll see how things go."

Hore said that he had found that being a spectator was frustrating.

"I've been a regular in the Hurricanes since 2004 and it was a bit strange when the first team this year was named and I wasn't there. I'm not a very good spectator, I'd rather be playing," he said.

"But it's been good to see the young fellas (Dane Coles and Ged Robinson) come through.

"It makes me worry about getting back in there."

Coles started the first two matches for the Hurricanes and scored a try in the first round. He missed last week's match against the Crusaders in Christchurch as he had been suspended for disorderly behaviour after the Highlanders match.

With Coles out Robinson started against the Crusaders and prop Jacob Ellison was the the back-up hooker.

Hore says that he didn't mind sitting in the grandstand in Friday's match against the Crusaders as his team-mates upset the defending champions.
"The guys played well. It's the best they've gone for a while.[/b]
Super14.com

Nice to see NZ's 2008 player of the year making his return :bravo:

I'm going to the match tomorrow, so I hope to see him come off the bench at some point. Surely if the Hurricanes do what most pundits are picking them to do he should be on about the 60 minute mark? It'll definitely please the crowd I'm sure.

I have been impressed with Coles but it will be good to have Hre back with his presences all around the field.

I've always liked Andrew Hore, keeping in mind, there is a slight 'caines bias here haha.

Latest posts