Horse Racing

A

ak47

Well there's been a bit of unexpected hype with these horse racing sims

1 year ago, you'd be lucky to find 2 of them - Gallop Racer and G1 Jockey

Now we have Sidhe joining the party
Also there's an 'NHRA' (US horse racing) NTSC release in the USA
and now there's news of a G1 Jockey 2006

I am a huge fan of these career style games - not too mention my love for the sport

Some new pics and banners are on the sidhe site............"Melbourne Cup Challenge"

For the last 5-10yrs i have owned the gallop series going back to ps1.....but i have never seen a horse sim look as good as this Melbourne Cup

I do believe this will be Sidhe's trump card on the industry...it just looks like alot more work is being done, and with NTSC release to slap the jap and us markets, suggests deeper than NRL in development process.

anyone care to share some thought - do we have fans, haters and swingers

Mario - Can you give us a little sneak into the status thus far, and any other wee things happening behind the scenes that we may not know....liscensing, countries involved etc

Will the announcement of G1 jockey 2006 play any part into production of this game?

yeah a great fan of the current crop of racing games......truly addictive once you get into the swing of things......

I like gallop racer for its features/content, and G1 jockey for the actual racing.........hopefully though SIDHES version is less "cartoony" with its career mode, and more a true simulation (ie. no little japanese like animations between race meets).......

not a lot of info out at the moment, would have thought the'd have been pushing this big time............

Originally posted by ak47@Aug 17 2005, 03:05 PM
Mario - Can you give us a little sneak into the status thus far, and any other wee things happening behind the scenes that we may not know....liscensing, countries involved etc
Not really much to say at the moment. Development continues, and the game is shaping up well in terms of looks, content, and gameplay.

We are very confident of our ability to compete with the other big ***les in the genre at this time.

Originally posted by Mario+Aug 17 2005, 10:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Aug 17 2005, 10:07 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Aug 17 2005, 03:05 PM
Not really much to say at the moment. Development continues, and the game is shaping up well in terms of looks, content, and gameplay.

We are very confident of our ability to compete with the other big ***les in the genre at this time. [/b]
Mario: If you had a set of numbers from 1-10, and 1 was arcade, and 10 was simulation, then where would this game fit in??

.....or is there something for both "pick and play" merchants, and hardcore horse jockeys/trainers/breeders?

Latest posts