• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hosea Gear

J

jawmalawm24

He's been playing awesome all season and he did his chances of an All Black jersey no harm in scoring 3 excellent tries today against the Bay Of Plenty Steamers who were 2nd just under top of the table Wellington Lions.

His 1st try was one of those in, out than quickly in and out again tries leaving his defender lying on the ground clutching to thin air it was magic. Than his second was just a great finish using his pace to run around a Bay Of Plenty opposition who just had no numbers left to defend out wide.

His third was one of the best tries from any team in the Air New Zealand Cup this season. Bay Of Plenty kicked it into Wellington Lions 22m with Corey Jane picking it up close to the line than he ran and chip kicked it and gathered the ball himself but being tackled at the same time he passed it to Tamati Ellison who proceeded to run down a good 30-35m. He got tackled but guess who was there? yep you guessed it Hosea Gear who got the short pass from Ellison. Hosea faked to come inside because he only had the 5m line from touch to work with but than went back out and just used his speed to run 25-30m to score the try. Magic pure bloody magic. Hope someone puts up highlights than you'll see what I mean.

Hosea Gear for All Blacks winger!!!!

Yeah i know what you mean hes been playing awesome! A lot of people have been saying how Masaga should be given a chance, but he hasnt really been playing that well mind you Counties suck at the mo.

Finally, he's not in his brother's shadow anymore. But he still has a long way to go to match the likes of Rico, Sivi, Roks and Howlett.

I wondered if he would ever amount to anything and it looks like he is starting to really pick it up. Rico Gear used to be an average player for a while......the Blues let him go...Crusaders pick him up...the rest is history. Would be good is Hosea rises to international standard.

I reckon he can handle the All Blacks because he's already been in the Nz Maori for a few seasons and played against the likes of Ireland, England, Wales etc. So all he needs is his chance and I'm sure he'll become a good winger.

I really hope Hosea goes on the November tour and maybe also Lelia Masaga I think he's another upcoming star it's just that he plays for a crap team. Anyway can't wait to see what the 3 wise men have to say about Hosea it should be pretty interesting.

He played against England, Scotland, Argentina and Fiji in 2004 when he was a new cap with the Nz Maori. So he's already got international experience so he's good for the go. He's the leading try scorer in the Air New Zealand Cup this season with 8 tries from 6 games so with 4 games to go for the regular season there's still time for him to rack up a few more.

I think the difference with him this last year is that he's running with conviction and that's something we haven't really seen from him before and he knows his abilities now and his finishing is mean as. That try he got against Manawatu I thought he wouldn't make it but he just backed himself and used his pace to go the full 40m.

He should at least get a mention especially since he is the form winger of the competition but I hope Henry and co don't turn a blind eye and just go the regular setup of Roks and Sitiveni because it'll be good to get some new blood in there somewhere.

Put a All Black jersey on him now already surely Hosea Gear has earnt himself a Tour up north or even a Bledisloe match who knows? It's been a little while since we've seen a winger in devastating form like this he just keeps on popping up in the right places and he looks hungry for the ball.

I think tonight he showed how much pace and strength he has and the ability to break the line with ease. I can't wait to see what the Wellington Hurricanes lineups gonna look like because we'll probably have David Smith, Hosea Gear and Zac Guilford who also isn't too bad at fullback. It's too bad for someone like Lelia Masaga who I rate it's just that he plays for Counties and to be quite blunt they suck s#@!. Anyway if Hosea Gear doesn't get a All Black jersey than there's obviously something wrong with the NZRFU.

HOSEA GEAR FOR PRIME MINISTER!!!!

After reading your very positive posts about him I also hope they select him, would like to see some of his class A preformances

Latest posts