• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hosepipe ban

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
in the North West of England at 6:00am on Friday. Fantastic. Just 6 months ago, the region suffered record snowfall, just two months before that there was flooding, yet the numbskulls at United Utilities can't cope with a bit of dryness.

Admittedly, it's the driest start to a summer since 1929 but there is never any excuse for a hosepipe ban in my opinion.

And now you'll have to excuse me - I'm off to put my hosepipe on until 5:59am on Friday.

I still use mine regardless of a ban to wash the car.

It's ridiculous though - we live on an island! How can there be no water?!

There's more than enough here in sunny Wales atm, been ******* it down all night/day =/ (i must be bad luck, it was sunny untill i got here on Sunday night, and has been getting steadily worse since)

There's more than enough here in sunny Wales atm, been ******* it down all night/day =/ (i must be bad luck, it was sunny untill i got here on Sunday night, and has been getting steadily worse since)

Thought it was you back here.

Before I opened the topic I thought that Hosepipe was a member on the forum that got kicked off haha

It's ridiculous that they cannot even cope with a small dry spell... Come on man. Unbelievable.

Ha ha ha, repped, because that really did make me laugh.

Pah, big deal. Wash your car with a sponge and a bucket of water. All that will happen is we'll hear endless complaints from OAP's and Conservative Britain about how their gardens are drying up.

A job that takes me 5 minutes will then take me an hour! Instead of wasting time and resources doing this, they should just take out the old Victorian pipes and put new ones in! That would save a fortune.

Or you could make use of the Tryweryn reservoir that Liverpool said they needed :rolleyes:

Our countries (as in Wales, England and Scotland) are rubbish at dealing with things like this. We have a dry start to the summer and theres a hosepipe ban. The same goes with the snow, we had a few weeks of snow on and off and our public transport came to a halt and people couldn't get out and about. We need to be more prepared and deal with natural crises alot better. For instance I'm sure that in America the rubbish trucks are modified and used as makeshift snowplows and there is no problem as the snow is cleared up rather promptly. And compared to us in the U.K New York have more snow and in larger quantities. As a country we are just not very good at dealing with problems

Latest posts