• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

how about them young kiwis climbing the ranks?

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

wow...i cant remember where i heard this but please correct me cos even one of rugby leagues hardests and honest critics said "20 years from now the NRL will be dominated by polynesians"

that was ol phil gould...one of the most successful rugby league coaches of all time...

now dont get me wrong there are alot of aussie based islanders and maoris but wow.....the kiwis are growing in numbers..maybe its a good thing for the sport in general?
the most important stat for the kiwis is we are getting alot of depth in the pivotol areas..we have always supplied the jugganauts upfront but now we getting a new breed in the form of wingers,halves,backs and centres

you cant complain when you have krisnan inu running amok..and luke isaac darting out of the ruck for 20 metres
at the moment form team for the kiwis "could" look like this

1.krisnan inu (eels)
2.sam perret (roosters)
3.steven matai (eagles)
4.simon mannering (warriors)
5.manu vatuvei (warriors)
6.benji marshall (tigers)
7.jeremy smith (rabbitohs)
8.roy asotasi (rabbitohs)
9.ben roberts (bulldogs)
10.nathan cayless (eels)
11.sonny bill williams (bulldogs)
12.frank pritchard (panthers)
13.dene halatau (tigers)

14.sam rapira (warriors)
15.fuifui moimoi (eels)
16.jeremy smith (storm)
17.rangi chase (dragons)

thats a pretty a good team considering i left out names like faumuina,lauaki,tuimavavae,the puletua bros,harrison,luke covell,jake webster,luke isaac and a whole host of other forwards out..also noting the fact that we are still missing alot of super league kiwi players..
anyways just thought that this is an exciting time in the kiwi/pacific island league circles..especially with the league world cup coming up soon...should be better for the game globally..

we shall see..debate away

Over the years Rugby League has continued to grow in polynesian circles, as has the skill which we would naturally expect to happen.

The talent some of these players possess is amazing and only makes the game better.

Also, the New Zealand rugby league team over the years has become increasingly competitive and is now enjoying success against the Australians every 3 or 4 games. With all of this emerging talent I seriously think this strike rate will lift to every 2 or 3 games over the next couple of years and eventually it will be a totally even game, with the only deciding factors being injury, luck and form. I would even go as far to say that next years World Cup could very well be won by NZ...everyone thinks Australia will win it easily. Watch out Australia.

Exciting times to come!

if jones is keen he is always welcome back...but to include any of the super duper league players we would have great depth...

names like jason cayless,paul rauhihi,brent webb etc...dont know what the form is but they seem to lift when they play in the black jersey..or though any original southern hemisphere player would lift by playing in a better competition or against better opposition

Now there's an angry man! PAUL RAUHIHI! Ahhhh the fond memories of watching him play for the Cowboys...

to be honest...the australians have obviously played a major part in this up heavel of kiwi league stars...but in return have had there premiership successes with alot of kiwi talent

put the criticism aside and a team like the bulldogs have catered and still continue to grow the kiwi stocks...the scouts are every where in new zealand...some of the best talent from our shores have emerged from little known towns..its good to know that grass roots football in general is still strong

the thing that im finding most positive is that our young footballers are in a professional aussie enviroment and there thriving...

using SBW as an example... hes had his injury troubles but hes been playing his best football over the last 2 months... and thats due to him benefiting from a strong system over at belmore. steve folkes is a brilliant football coach and SBW is really maturing well under him...

thats what these kids are getting these days... there in these professional enviroments getting coached by the best... good to see....

I just hope the young kiwis coming through don't sudden switch alliances to the green and gold, that would be the end of intl league

I just hope the young kiwis coming through don't sudden switch alliances to the green and gold, that would be the end of intl league [/b]
I can't see that happening at all. Kiwi rugby is becoming far too strong for them to want to try to play for Australia eventually. The players involved are aware of this and i'm sure are excited about the years to come and the potential to become better than the Australians or atleast give an even battle constantly.

In the end they are KIWIS

This means their life dream is to be an AB....if not that is a minority

If they keep improving into superstars - some have like SBW in the last 10 weeks is rediculous - they wont be playing the ball - they will be rucking.

The NZRU would have rocks in their head if they didnt try to woo these players....like Inu for example.

I am still awaiting the NZRU to grab SBW when he next expires.

oh and Folau is Australian - haha

Folau is all good... you can have em... were happy with Krisnan.

wait for the warriors to unleash sonny fai. hes nearly there... i get the feeling there going to release him in the finals... hes extremely talented... with alot of application he can be anything...

In the end they are KIWIS

This means their life dream is to be an AB....if not that is a minority

If they keep improving into superstars - some have like SBW in the last 10 weeks is rediculous - they wont be playing the ball - they will be rucking.

The NZRU would have rocks in their head if they didnt try to woo these players....like Inu for example.

I am still awaiting the NZRU to grab SBW when he next expires.

oh and Folau is Australian - haha [/b]

All Blacks don't need them, would be a waste of money considering Union in NZ already has those sorts of freakish talents, except in much greater numbers.

did you see SBW single handedly make the raiders look like school boys?

IMO after what i have seen in the last 2-3 months - SBW is the greatest player in all codes of rugby.

He has tripled in form.........its off chops, i cant fathom it.........injuries can still plague him but NOW he is MORE NOW, than any ESPN NOW nominee.

You may have a plethora of talent in the RU pool.......but i'll be dammed if the NZRU would say no to SBW if he wanted to make the switch.

I would've loved to see Reggie Bush play Rugby Union. He is a tank.

Liam Messam would do well in league. He has all the skills, and he's quick. He'd be a SBW type player as well, just without the height.

did you see SBW single handedly make the raiders look like school boys?

IMO after what i have seen in the last 2-3 months - SBW is the greatest player in all codes of rugby.

He has tripled in form.........its off chops, i cant fathom it.........injuries can still plague him but NOW he is MORE NOW, than any ESPN NOW nominee.

You may have a plethora of talent in the RU pool.......but i'll be dammed if the NZRU would say no to SBW if he wanted to make the switch. [/b]

We would say no if he demanded too much cash, especially with his injury history. As well as that, the only position I can realistically seeing him playing is 6... funnily enough we have this one guy by the name of Jerry Collins who already plays there who apparently has some skills, so it would hardly be like we would be missing much.

Polynesian Blood has alwyas beena big threat in the NRL, in the early days of the Warriors ( before they started) many clubs were worried that the Warriors would be a extrely dominant team due to the "island influence"

i wish the general would come back i took him for granted when he played here but i think our nz team needs the experience.

The team isn't even test standard without the ESL players IMO. Perrett and Vatuvei are borderline even being first grade standard and Jeremy Smith is even below that. Too many weaklinks.

watch out for tim winitana... made his debut for the bulldogs this yr, against hodges, and beat him a coupla times, only 18

played with him in high school, made first ix at 14/15

watch out for tim winitana... made his debut for the bulldogs this yr, against hodges, and beat him a coupla times, only 18

played with him in high school, made first ix at 14/15 [/b]
Yeah i've seen him play...pretty good.

Which school did he make the first XIII when he was 14/15? Its not such a hard feat for lots of school :p

Latest posts