Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use a "Challenge" system

• Widen the powers of the TMO

• The referees MUST improve

• Total voters
Having TWO referees would mean confusion whilst they're getting used to it, and even then theres the problem with them collaborating...it will just waste too much time.

The same problem is there with the Challenge system and widening powers of the TMO.

I'm all for the last two I mentioned if the problems are sorted in under 20 seconds, but if not, then the last option is the best in my opinion.

Unfortunately, you'll sometimes just have to bite the bullet and "play to the referee" and hope they're better the next time around.

What lots of teams neglect to do is analyse the referee! They analyse their opposition like theres no tomorrow, but if you work out what the referee goes for and lets go and whatnot, then you have a distinct advantage.

(oh, by the way cooky, congrats on the poll this week :p)

I think the ref must improve and the TMO should have wider powers, like a linesman the TMO should be able to flag plays if he sees infringement's and in cases of fights etc. Ref's need to get better though too...

Voted for all but one:

Have TWO referees -> Obviously not to check on the same things, but rather to spread the load. Most refs tend to miss things (like offside for example), simply because they can't both be looking at what's going on in the ruck and down the field at the same time. It's physically impossible. Having an extra official, that wouldn't have to be on the field necessarily, could free up certain burdens from the main ref, like offside and whatnot. They wouldn't intefere with each other, as the don't rule on the same things. The assistant ref could give the main ref a signal if he spots a foul, and the main ref can then decide to penalize that, or penalize another foul he has seen, or play advantage.

Use a "Challenge" system -> Playing Madden for a while now, and challenges seem to work fair enough, but I like the "unlimited" TMO challenges by the ref, not the coach better.

Widen the powers of the TMO -> Definatly. Remove the entire wording issue with try scoring, just ask the TMO to make the decision. TMO's should also be able to point out blatant fouls to the ref that he might have missed in open play (kinda like #1)

The referees MUST improve -> Not the refs, but the way the refs treat the rules should change. There needs to be a concensus about the rules, which needs to be applied to every game. Too often you massive differences towards offsides, coming in from the side, etc, between individual refs. It needs to be more consistant.

Voted for all but one:

Have TWO referees -> Obviously not to check on the same things, but rather to spread the load. Most refs tend to miss things (like offside for example), simply because they can't both be looking at what's going on in the ruck and down the field at the same time. It's physically impossible. Having an extra official, that wouldn't have to be on the field necessarily, could free up certain burdens from the main ref, like offside and whatnot. They wouldn't intefere with each other, as the don't rule on the same things. The assistant ref could give the main ref a signal if he spots a foul, and the main ref can then decide to penalize that, or penalize another foul he has seen, or play advantage.
. [/b]

Isn't that what touch judges "supposed" to do?

Didn't the IRB take some power away from the touches before the WC? i thought it was only gonna be for the WC, seems like its happening in the S14... Its just that major blunders cannot be ignored!

The challenge is a good idea like say a try is scored from a forward pass but the ref misses it the captian can use one of his challenges and the tmo will check and can make the ref change the call

<div class='quotemain'> Voted for all but one:

. [/b]

Isn't that what touch judges "supposed" to do?

Didn't the IRB take some power away from the touches before the WC? i thought it was only gonna be for the WC, seems like its happening in the S14... Its just that major blunders cannot be ignored![/b][/quote]

Well yeah, but the touch judges are in a spot where you can see... exactly nothing. Put them on a comfy couch and have em watch tv, much better vision of the game. There's a reason the TMO has a T in it.

The official final result of the Re-Union poll. (Viewers) (TRF members)

1. Have two referees._........__._.12.97%...._....8.3%

2. Use a challenge system..___..12.2%........_..16.7%

3. Widen the TMO's powers.___..47.2%..__.....33.3%

4. The referees MUST improve...27.7%.._.......41.7%

Latest posts