• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How confident are you about your country in the World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to get my 2 penneth in....... France will win the WC..... WE HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS, AND THE BEST COACHES,AND THE BEST ANALYSTS, AND THE BEST WINE, AND THE BEST CHEESE, AND THE BEST, MOUNTAINS, The prettiest girls, and the best well everything, but i do hope that the Kiwi's, Saffas, Aussies, and the Britishers, and all participants will give us a good run for their money
It is the time of the French!!!!!!!!!!! ok all that said you can all carry on throwing your pud pies at each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont need to say more.

Last edited:
Just to add I think I can count the amount idiots from Australia about cricket on one hand...they've had one of the most dominant set ups in sports history with a few years of merely being good as opposed to great. Of course they'll big up their team same as NZ do about rugby.

Just to get my 2 penneth in....... France will win the WC..... WE HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS, AND THE BEST COACHES,AND THE BEST ANALYSTS, AND THE BEST WINE, AND THE BEST CHEESE, AND THE BEST, MOUNTAINS, The prettiest girls, and the best well everything, but i do hope that the Kiwi's, Saffas, Aussies, and the Britishers, and all participants will give us a good run for their money
It is the time of the French!!!!!!!!!!! ok all that said you can all carry on throwing your pud pies at each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont need to say more.

No you don't! Now shut up and go sit in the corner...

Just to add I think I can count the amount idiots from Australia about cricket on one hand...they've had one of the most dominant set ups in sports history with a few years of merely being good as opposed to great. Of course they'll big up their team same as NZ do about rugby.

I wasn't doubting their quality, I was doubting their sportsmanship, it's disgusting at best. It's irrelevant anyway. I'm happy to post civil, but if you're going to sit behind your computer and call McCaw a cheat and discredit a genuine legend of this game you "love", then laugh when some Kiwi's are incensed by this makes you the "troll"..

its always intrigued me why your population were named after an oral sex act ? now i know.

I wasn't doubting their quality, I was doubting their sportsmanship, it's disgusting at best. It's irrelevant anyway. I'm happy to post civil, but if you're going to sit behind your computer and call McCaw a cheat and discredit a genuine legend of this game you "love", then laugh when some Kiwi's are incensed by this makes you the "troll"..
Your still missing the point with McCaw nobody is trying to discredit him or make him seam like a lesser man he is genuinely one of the all time great openside flankers. However part of playing that role is to deliberately see what you can get away with without getting caught that's still cheating. If you shoplift and don't get caught you've still broken the law. All the great opensides have done it and will continue to do it, it's still cheating even if it's cheating we condone and praise for it.

My uncle once said to me at any given point in a rugby pitch many players are knowingly breaking the laws it's up to them to pick up on what this ref penalises on and just can't be bothered to pick up on and exploit that. Ref have a hard job if they blew up for every infraction on the field they'd never play any rugby.

McCaw is always one of the best to do it but he's not a saint who always plays within the confines of laws of the game as are few great players.

EveryTimeRef sadly whilst westcountry born and raised I'm from home counties stock in terms where my parents are from. So I've got the correct amount of fingers and toes ;)

Absolutely ncurd.

It is a continuing struggle that the forums demographics have become very English-centric. Not an issue in of itself, but it does mean that alternative points of view get shut down very quickly by a few members. And unfortunately as these things go, someone will bring nationality into the argument and then you have the 80% of posters being English shouting out other posters (for the record I'm certain the same thing would happen if the demographics are of from anyone nation). The result is at times this isn't a very pleasant place to post, and if you go against one view you become labeled a troll. The outcome is you get more extreme members from the rest of the world posting (who may very well be trolls), while others who are passionate about rugby get sick of the constant bickering and dismissing just leave. It's one of the reason why we have lost so many quality members in recent years.

You make it sound like the English are a pack of wild dogs wandering around looking for anyone who isn't English so they can attack them, yet plenty of posters on here from all other place get on fine and have amicable discussions.

Alternative view points as far as I can tell are welcome. Most posters have discussions about players and teams...

But coming on and basically slagging of an entire demographic isn't on, and people are right to call it out.

In fact the biggest drop off in posters has been from the English, i imagine it's mainly because they are sick of being attacked for being English and called racist every time they show any national pride, is certainly why I've not been posting as much lately.

its a fact that the most popular website in both wales and nz is.......adultsheepfinder.com.
approx 1 million paying suscribers in each country with a surprising number of female members.
luv ewe

Your still missing the point with McCaw nobody is trying to discredit him or make him seam like a lesser man he is genuinely one of the all time great openside flankers. However part of playing that role is to deliberately see what you can get away with without getting caught that's still cheating. If you shoplift and don't get caught you've still broken the law. All the great opensides have done it and will continue to do it, it's still cheating even if it's cheating we condone and praise for it.

My uncle once said to me at any given point in a rugby pitch many players are knowingly breaking the laws it's up to them to pick up on what this ref penalises on and just can't be bothered to pick up on and exploit that. Ref have a hard job if they blew up for every infraction on the field they'd never play any rugby.

McCaw is always one of the best to do it but he's not a saint who always plays within the confines of laws of the game as are few great players.

EveryTimeRef sadly whilst westcountry born and raised I'm from home counties stock in terms where my parents are from. So I've got the correct amount of fingers and toes ;)

If that's the case, then why bring it up in the first place? If all great players are "cheats", why would he be singularly brought up and labelled one in the first place? It just seems like another way for the English to undermine him, then claim innocence in their comment. It's bullsh*t.

Because the topic was brought up by a NZlander which you turned into stupidity.
Australia have the wood over Wales, but honestly - if Australia's form from last year is anything to go by then forget about it. I know in World Cups anything can happen, but there would have to be a dramatic improvement imo. Can't see them beating England - maybe a few years ago but not at the moment, don't think Aus have the forwards for it. And against Wales anything could happen, but Wales have shown what they are capable of in that part of the world.

I'm pretty confident obviously, but cautious as well. With Cruden being out, I wouldn't want Slade, Barrett or Carter to go down. We have Taylor who has been in the environment before, and Sopoaga down at the Highlanders in good form but if we can avoid that situation it'd be good. It's just a matter of not taking any team for granted (particularly in the quarters and semis) and hoping the injury toll doesn't blow out. Guys like Retallick and Coles are pretty key and they've picked up injuries this season. Also need to watch the penalties with McCaw at the breakdown, and Crockett at the scrum (if he's selected over Woodcock).
McCaw? Penalised at breakdowns? Blasphemy!
Have you not been watching Super Rugby this year?

The refs have been very unforgiving towards him...
Nope I haven't and tbh it's about time.
All perfectly fine up until this point we acknowledge McCaw pushes it at breakdowns it's his job but that doesn't mean he doesn't get away with some corkers. Not his fault it's what he does, doesn't make him less great. Just nice to see refs picking up on it. Here's the post where it goes completely off topic and stupid.
Soppy b0llocks Pom. Worst winners, sorest losers.

"And to be honest it's about time". What? Like he's been getting away with murder his whole career up until the 2015 SR season.. McCaw is picked on if anything in Rugby, Joubert hates him.

For example look at the penalty he gives Australia at 0.48-0.53 for not rolling away and yelling release when he had clearly released and then telling him he was not rolling away when he was already out of the ruck. He was always going to penalize McCaw there, whether he did something wrong or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but it's not deliberately inflammatory and is about the topic being discussed in the thread. Can you not see the difference between talking about a rugby player, an opinion that differ from yours as opposed to calling all English bad winners and sore losers and not even mention the topoic at hand?

That penalty call is rubbish but equally if I didn't have to go to work I could find a point in one of the tests vs England last year where McCaw is blatently dives into a ruck throws the ball back and NZ score a try.(Somebody dig it out if they have time). I'll also note he was told roll away not release he hadn't completed rolling away when the penalty was called. It was crap call by Joubert (who's a rubbish ref anyway) but I've seen him and other give penalties like that to other players McCaw isn't being singled out.

We could on all day finding penalties McCaw can feel slightly aggrieved upon and those where he can gets away with it.

"And to be honest it's about time". What? Like he's been getting away with murder his whole career up until the 2015 SR season.. McCaw is picked on if anything in Rugby, Joubert hates him.

For example look at the penalty he gives Australia at 0.48-0.53 for not rolling away and yelling release when he had clearly released and then telling him he was not rolling away when he was already out of the ruck. He was always going to penalize McCaw there, whether he did something wrong or not.

I believe he meant that its about time he started watching S15

Last edited by a moderator:
And there it is, the stupidest thing I've read all day. Ireland are now playing at home (England/Wales) and are now British!!

- - - Updated - - -

M8 people are just sick and tired of pommy b0llocks, when you don't win, it's cheats this, cheats that. In all your sports which you don't win anything in, it's the same, then finally you admit your national teams rubbish and destroy them in the media, barely giving any credit to the other quality nations. Pommy sport, media and fanbase is rotten and sick. Seeing it from an outside perspective you really get a good view. Living in Queenstown virtually every single Pom I meet who knows anything about Rugby will instantly call the AB's cheats. All the French I met, LOVE the AB's and the Irish, apart from the 2013 game. The most common thing we get from the Poms is them going on and on about 2012. Fact is we've beaten you 5 times in a row and are better in general and yet all you can come out with is McCaw cheats then say it's a compliment, then act like a victim when people call you out, even when you have players like Tom Woods who kill the ball every chance he gets.

Nice to read someone talking sense, pretty much agree with every comment you made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts