• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How do you tell someone s/he smells?

L

Laetca

Today in class, I sat about 2 feet from a girl, and her smell made me physically ill. I'll admit I have a sensitive nose, but every time she moved a new wave of body odour came my way (I was the only one sitting that close to her). I felt my lunch rise up my throat several times during that horrible hour and was so nauseous I was on the verge of a fast run to the bathroom. I left after the first hour, telling the professor why I wouldn't be around after the break, but making sure no one else heard me.

Now my problem is, how in the world do you tell someone they smell awful, in a non-hurtful way? Do you just start a random conversations about personal hygiene? Flat out tell her she could use a shower? Wear a gas mask next class?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Couldn't you just sit far, far away from her? Let it be someone elses problem. :p

Excellent point, though I don't know if there are enough seats in that room. So some day or another I'll end up somewhere near her. And if I spend another hour like that I'll just start throwing up violently on her lap or something. Which wouldn't be a solution.

Personally, I would say "**** off, You stink."

But then again I'm not renowned for my tact.

Ha!
Anywho, maybe it's best to see if she smells the next time you're in her class. Go early or something; walk past and take a good whiff, then make your judgement. It may be a one-off thing. :blink:
I'm not expert at stuff like this though. Still, it's not really fair to let her remain oblivious to her odour troubles.... >_<

give her a box of lynx deodorant and wish her a early christmas present.

i would flat out just tell her she smelt.

id say "You smell a bit would you like some deodorant because that is what i do after a hard hour or rugby practice"

Napoleon used to ask Josephine not to wash until he'd returned from campaign, so he could take in her unbridled aroma before unleashing the beast. Just thought I'd pass on the information.

Give him/her Lynx as a present and insist that he/she keeps the windows open at all times?

Hmm living in Africa this kind of thing happens often enough.
Firstly, look for an open chair further away. If anybody asks why you're moving blame it on the light or something.
Second tactic is to cover and block your nose and laugh while looking at her.
Third tactic is too take off your deordorant can's spray nozzle and hit the pressure sensitive fitting in that relates the spray, this will cause the deordorant can to spray continuously, you then roll the can under her desk.

The 3rd one is my personal favourite ;) it's good for class moral

next time make sure you come prepared

bio-suit1.gif

If you's are mates just tell her straight up she stank and she will appreciate it. Obviously don't do it infront of everyone or else than she wouldn't be that appreciative.

Just approach her by herself after your next class and be honest, girl-to-girl. Say to her that other people were making fun of her when she wasn't looking and saying that she smells. She might have a medical/hygiene problem and knows/is lazy about it, but even so, she needs to find a solution because if you notice it, then others will too and she will become the joke of the class and she probably doesn't deserve that.

She is a girl, she will want to know if guys think she's unattractive.. just like you would, but you must tell her in a polite and tactful manner. Think if you smelled, how would you like someone to tell you? Maybe ask her if she knows a perfume that is nice. If she doesn't know, suggest one that you use that men like. Maybe the penny will drop.

Don't make inane, round-the-houses small talk and don't buy her deodorant/perfume (that's her own responsiblilty).. this is just plain rude and if she knew how to use deodorant/perfume, then she would not be smelling of body odour. If after repeated attempts at being subtle doesn't work, you will have just make an issue of it. Tell your going to barf and that she really should do the same.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Napoleon used to ask Josephine not to wash until he'd returned from campaign, so he could take in her unbridled aroma before unleashing the beast. Just thought I'd pass on the information.[/b]

Ugh that is rank. Only a frenchman could like and be turned on by the smell of a woman whose genitals smells like an abandoned tuna processing plant. :bad:

You could always just let slip that you overheard 'such-and-such' saying that she smelled like some off cabbage. Hurts her feelings AND get's you off the hook. Everybody wins.

Oops. Fa'atau said the same thing. I second it.

Actually I'm not serious about that. That just opens up a whole new can of worms. Just share some perfume/deodorant with her. Tell her she'll pull heaps of guys with it... I dunno. I've been drinking...

Also, is "...can of worms" a saying? Just sounds stupid.

Latest posts