• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How fast does Shane Williams run the 100m Sprint

Wouldnt it be awesome if you could get the fastest player from each country and have a massive 100m dash. Man that would be cool

Wouldnt it be awesome if you could get the fastest player from each country and have a massive 100m dash. Man that would be cool[/b]
wow a big 100 meter run if only there was one in like a month or so....

Wouldnt it be awesome if you could get the fastest player from each country and have a massive 100m dash. Man that would be cool[/b]
wow a big 100 meter run if only there was one in like a month or so.... [/b]

hahahahahhahhahha :bravo:

Didn't Martin Offiah have a race a while back against someone during the halftime break?. I reckon it depends because if they've played a game they might be fatigued but if they just have a sprint off without having a proper warm up they'll most likely run like crap.

Anyway you might be able to find the answer in another thread I think it's called 'poll:fastest rugby player' or something like that.

I think a more interesting question is after all the hype about "Habana vs Williams", what was the result?

Williams may have scored two tries to Habana's none but was Habana the better all round player in both games?

I thought Shane Williams had Habana over a T when they played. That's only my personal view though.
I reckon they should have the slowest member of the team race other team's slowest! Imagine prop v prop! What a spectacle that would be, each huffing and puffing and busting their gut to get there first!

I think a more interesting question is after all the hype about "Habana vs Williams", what was the result?

Williams may have scored two tries to Habana's none but was Habana the better all round player in both games?
[/b]
NOPE! :D :cheers: :bana:

Williams key asset is his sidestep and acceleration - Akin to Jason Robinson. Flat out he's still a quick player, but it's a common misconception to give credit for out and out pace instead of agility.

Habana on the other hand is equal with his sidestep etc. with the added bonuses extra extra strength and speed.

Shane is still pretty quick, but isn't up there with the likes of Habana, Chavanga or Ngwenya; and he isn't as quick himself as he was five or six years ago.
NB: Habana is not equal in sidestepping with Shane. Shane is unique in that aspect!! :D

Williams key asset is his sidestep and acceleration - Akin to Jason Robinson. Flat out he's still a quick player, but it's a common misconception to give credit for out and out paces instead of agility.

Habana on the other hand is equal with his sidestep etc. with the added bonuses extra extra strength and speed. [/b]
Whereas Jonah Lomu had everything a winger, maybe even any rugby player needed. Speed, strength, acceleration, side-step, hand-off and just being a mean-machine. :p

I would say Williams is quicker off the mark, but Habana would beat him over 100m ... Williams ivery much like Brent Russel, good acceleration but no staying power. :bleh!:

Shane isn't all that quick over the 100m, Mark Jones is certainly quicker over this distance, Habana etc. are on another level.

Shane's is quick over 40m, I heard a few years ago that Cooper was the quickest over 40m in the Welsh squad though (see Coopers try v SA). Where Shane Williams stands out over anyone else I've seen is his stepping ability, especially his ability to change direction without loosing much speed (see try v Fiji).

How fast does Shane Williams run the 100m Sprint

Not as fast as the sheep chasing him.

:D Reminds me of the picture of Habana with Tony "Spreaders" Spreadbury chasing him.

Yeah Shane Williams has good quick off the mark speed but his agility is unmatched. There's a video on youtube somewhere when Wales play against Ozzy and Tuqiri tries chasing Williams but his acceleration is just a little bit too much.

How much does Williams weigh? not much i assume, he seems very light off his feet when he steps and gases etc

He's only 5'7 and 80kg so yeah he's pretty small but gees didn't realise he's 31 years old. Far out don't think I was as agile when I was in my early teens.

I thought Shane Williams had Habana over a T when they played. That's only my personal view though.
I reckon they should have the slowest member of the team race other team's slowest! Imagine prop v prop! What a spectacle that would be, each huffing and puffing and busting their gut to get there first! [/b]

heh, and Gethin Jenkins would leave most in his wake, the guy's ridiculously fit for a front row forward.

Shane is pretty damn quick, not as quick as Habana, but definately has the better 'jinking' ability.

Latest posts