• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How many English clubs would be confident of beating the leinster second and third string side?

Franno tells it like it is. Sarries might get within 20 points of the 3rd string but only if they have a 20 point head start :)

This is what Neil Francis does. Makes sweeping statements looking for reactions and he doesn't give a **** who he offends. It's clear his tongue is firmly in his cheek with the headline of the article.

I'd fancy a Leinster second string to beat all bar Exeter and Saracens from the Premiership at least 6 times out of 10. Their depth is outstanding. What they need to be careful of is believing their own hype. If they listen to what Neil Francis says and believe him, they'll fail pretty quickly. It's not too long ago since they were widely praised after thrashing Wasps only to lose to Toulouse the following weekend.

Leinster against somebody like Leicester, Sale, Worcester right now would be huge scores. The gap is massive.

I did kind of enjoy the start of that, then he stopped joking. I think the point he's trying to make is that Ster would still get a home semi with their current rotation in the prem, which they would but if any Prem team rotated more they'd do just as well if not better regardless of depth, rested players would win more games.

Leinster against somebody like Leicester, Sale, Worcester right now would be huge scores. The gap is massive.

That feeling when Leicester gets lumped in with Worcester and Sale

twlhuwhii8a11.png

Neil Francis is to Ireland what Stephen Jones is to England or that Reader guy is to NZ. Not worth taking seriously at all.

Bath can put out a really strong first team if everyone was fit, I highly doubt their best XV would get pasted by a Leinster second XV. Hard to prove however.

Bath were beaten by Leinster's first XV courtesy of an intercept try. Certainly not a pasting.

Bath were beaten by Leinster's first XV courtesy of an intercept try. Certainly not a pasting.
An intercept try from a pass that wouldn't have been thrown had Wilson heard the "advantage over" call from 2 seconds previously.
I think we can answer that one now.

I will admit to being surprised though, but off the score-board, there was nothing between those 2 sides.

Much closer, and less hyperbolic.
I'd be comfortable saying that Leinster minus their 1stXV would be top 3 in the prem; but I'm not convinced they'd be top 2 - good shot, but not nailed on.

Sadly a good theory blown out of water by not to far off a number1 team.
Yes Leinster are a great team but OP you are delusional.
Sorry

Latest posts