• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How old is too old

Andrew1956

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Chiefs
As one who has become passionate about the game rather late in life (55) but would still love to try and play but with a group of equally old guys who like me have not played since school, can anyone tell me whether such groups exist? I am fit and healthy and in very good shape for my age but I suspect that my dream is pure madness!!!

As one who has become passionate about the game rather late in life (55) but would still love to try and play but with a group of equally old guys who like me have not played since school, can anyone tell me whether such groups exist? I am fit and healthy and in very good shape for my age but I suspect that my dream is pure madness!!!

Most clubs have a vets team and 55 fit and healthy you will be fine. Vets rugby tends to be more social and less serious. If you know what your local clubs are just give them a ring and ask if they have a vets team or look them up on the internet. You can follow this link to the RFU and and you start hunting down the club you want by entering your post code. http://www.rfu.com/TakingPart

Again vets rugby is pretty strong in a number of areas and playing at 55 is not as mad as you might think.

Most clubs have a vets team and 55 fit and healthy you will be fine. Vets rugby tends to be more social and less serious. If you know what your local clubs are just give them a ring and ask if they have a vets team or look them up on the internet. You can follow this link to the RFU and and you start hunting down the club you want by entering your post code. http://www.rfu.com/TakingPart

Again vets rugby is pretty strong in a number of areas and playing at 55 is not as mad as you might think.

Thanks for the help - much appreciated. Maybe it's not such a mad idea then!!

Having done a small bit of googling I've found out that Hayle RFC would appear to have a Vet's team. Now admittedly, I know nothing about the geography of Cornwall so I don't know how near to Saint Ives that is, but it does at least indicate that there are some teams operating in the area.

Best of luck anyway.

Latest posts