• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How the Lions must roar into Australia

TRF_Fullback

Bench Player
Country Flag
UK
With exactly one month to go until Warren Gatland announces his Lions touring squad this article gives an overview of the task at hand for the touring Lions. Having not won a test series since 1997, the Lions enter Australia with a well documented and surrounding hype by the British and Australian media. However as [...]

Read the full article at How the Lions must roar into Australia
The story above was posted on our rugby blog. Click the link above to read the full article and then use this thread to discuss the story :)

Interesting team not what I'd pick but interesting.

Have to say I'd strongly disagree that apart from two areas the Lions team pick its self.

For an article that talks about attacking all aspects of play of Oz it seems to be a very brutish team with players who (mostly) excel at boshing and similar aspects of play.

11 Welsh starters? Seriously, a pretty unimpressive championship win and they get 11 starters? I mean there's bias and then there's bias.

11 Welsh starters? Seriously, a pretty unimpressive championship win and they get 11 starters? I mean there's bias and then there's bias.

Considering the guy's not Welsh ... you can hardly call it bias.

Look at George North, he's pretty Welsh bias for an Englishman.

Look at George North, he's pretty Welsh bias for an Englishman.

The whole being a Welsh speaker thing does that to you ;) Cymro yw George, nid Saes

Quite like the look of that team, would probably start Healy over Jenkins, and wouldnt mind seeing Parling start ahead of Hines too. Understand the back row there as Wales's back row has been magnificent this 6 Nations, but Robshaw or SOB would slot in well at 6, and create a good balance too. Not sure on the split on the bench though, not really sure if Hook is even in contention atm, and I'd feel safer with an outside back there rather than 2 back rowers.

Latest posts