• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to fit rugby into my vacation?

G

goranski

Hello all,

I'm going on a family holiday next summer to England, mostly visiting friends in Bournemouth and then going to see all the sites in London. Just wondering how to best fit in rugby spectating/ watching during the summer in these two areas. I guess I could always watch Harlequins RL in London? Any other events/sevens/tournaments/games in either code going on around June/July after the end of the regular season in Britain? Any recommendations/suggestions welcome. :cheers:

Domestic season finishes on May 12th or 13th, with the semi finals on the 5th and 6th. The HEC final is May 20th at Twickenham.

Afetr that, you may well be stuck. A few international sides will proberbly begin their warmup against a few GP sides in late june, plus the Baabaas normally have a run a few weeks after the season finishes, so there's bound to be something worth watching.

Failing that, turn on the TV and watch the Super monopoly, sorry, super 14 on sky.

Thanks,

Yeah might just have to find a couple good rugby pubs - which I'm looking forward to doing anyway.

Cheers

Welcome mate, the Churchill Cup is going to be played in England starting 19/20 May cause it's a world cup year, I don't think the venues have been confirmed yet but keep an eye out for that as well.

Welcome mate, the Churchill Cup is going to be played in England starting 19/20 May cause it's a world cup year, I don't think the venues have been confirmed yet but keep an eye out for that as well.
[/b]

Thanks - was unaware of that, took for granted it would be held in Canada/U.S. again.

Welcome to the board! :D

Yeah, its a one off as the World Cup will be only a couple of months after so Canada Rugby and Team USA want all their players to stay as close to France as possible for the forseeable future.

Welcome to the board! :D

Yeah, its a one off as the World Cup will be only a couple of months after so Canada Rugby and Team USA want all their players to stay as close to France as possible for the forseeable future.
[/b]

Thanks! Seems a logical move - get the lads aclimatized to the NH, hope to catch some of the exhibitions/warm-up games by WC sides in the interim period during the summer - interesting to see how USA Rugby will perform under Thorburn and new boss Nigel Melville - just got the latter's State of the Union email.

Latest posts