• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to Get Started in Rugby

moonlitwolf

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Exeter
Hello, I apologise in advance for my greenness (both rugby and using the forum). I have a simple question to ask. My 11 year old son has a serious ambition to play professional rugby (and ultimately for England). He's been playing for our local club since he was six years old and I have been told by many that he is very good. Whilst I am obviously very proud of him, I am aware that many of the positive comments he receives may not necessarily be "qualified" opinions. I wish to support him in his ambitions, but have no idea where to start. I've heard that part of the process is to "get spotted" - sounds very glamorous, but how does one achieve this exactly? What else can I do to get his abilities and potential assessed so that we can plan a path for him to pursue his dream? He's an avid supporter of Exeter Chiefs, belongs to their junior supporters club and was lucky enough to be their mascot a couple of years ago. We go to home matches on a regular basis. He has also read Jonny Wilkinson's autobiography which has given him much inspiration!
Any advice gratefully received, many thanks.

Latest posts