• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

how to give a player a big boot

S

savundra92

ok this is my thread on how to extract a .viv file with a big kick. this is on my rugby 06 as i dont have 08 but its the same logics. here is a link to bigui.

bigui download

this will extract the files for you.

and here is a link to the word document tutorial to show how do extract the file.

download it at filefront
download it at rapidshare

please leave comments because it will help. but dont spam upthe forum thread :lol: lol joke

i havent finished it yet because i dont know how change the id to another player.

thanks for coming to this thread

Don`t let this thread die !!!!, I wanna know how to change the big foot :wacko:

Hi I played around with this stuff and didn't really get any wiser. That said though I also saw that there are 06_Starplayer_01.viv, 06_Starplayer_02.viv, and 06_Starplayer_03.viv files in there maybe it has something to do with those. Maybe not...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vanStraaten @ Oct 30 2008, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi I played around with this stuff and didn't really get any wiser. That said though I also saw that there are 06_Starplayer_01.viv, 06_Starplayer_02.viv, and 06_Starplayer_03.viv files in there maybe it has something to do with those. Maybe not...[/b]

yeah i know maybe your're right or maybe that is just so that you can get the star floating above your head as woosahs editor doesn't do that (floating not assigning the star i know that)

well thanks anyway fortelling me this m8 ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Oct 31 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Oct 31 2008, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and how is going the progression in this stuff?[/b]

there is nothing much i can do because im an idiot with computers. :(
[/b][/quote]

maybe ask woosah or one of the other hard out guys to help with this? it'd definitely be worth exploring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jackblackandkyle @ Nov 2 2008, 05:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Oct 31 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Oct 31 2008, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and how is going the progression in this stuff?[/b]

there is nothing much i can do because im an idiot with computers. :(
[/b][/quote]

maybe ask woosah or one of the other hard out guys to help with this? it'd definitely be worth exploring
[/b][/quote]

yeh i might do thanks

To give a player a big boot, rename him to 'Hulk Hogan'..

But seriously, i will try and find some xml stuff for it. I think that it is activated in the xml but not sure how.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 2 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To give a player a big boot, rename him to 'Hulk Hogan'..[/b]

yeh dont worry m8 it deserves to be punned ;) because i meant to put kick but i put boot because thats how i refer to it. so when people read this thread, they misunderstand it thinking of a giant foot which is not what i want lol. :lol:

if you can help out that would be great because i really want to give some guys big kicks like giteau etc. without having to use people like carter, henson's id.

In theory, there must be a way to duplicate the skillset of the star players.. all it is is that a file is configured for the star players. Rugby 08 has no .viv files, so what is this file you found? I will investigate if you can tell me.

So anyone got more update on this??
would be soo cool if my created player is able to have this special ability...

Well, we need to find something specific for the players skill values. We know he players who have the skills, so we have to try and find values for them and then try and add them to other players. I am certain you must be able to do it, but whether the file is encrypted is another matter.

The only way i can see is to use the playerID in the roster editor, i.e Montgomery for Steyn. We need to find what is special value wise about these players and the file that controls it.

It's that easy. But how we actually do it after we find it, is not known yet.

Try looking at these files from data.gob it might be what you are looking for.

453779c39fd0d3f0742eb80e0cb2a7c7.txt Team/player info
2de97b250f07a369610d6087471b7aad.xml Player Swaps?
730eef3fd7726e43de955f21083ab000.xml Teams/players xml
c3c15942a8d6a5fc041027e3c1c0e868.xml Settings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Dec 22 2008, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Try looking at these files from data.gob it might be what you are looking for.

453779c39fd0d3f0742eb80e0cb2a7c7.txt Team/player info
2de97b250f07a369610d6087471b7aad.xml Player Swaps?
730eef3fd7726e43de955f21083ab000.xml Teams/players xml
c3c15942a8d6a5fc041027e3c1c0e868.xml Settings[/b]

yeh will do wen i have some time

thanks

** IMPORTANT **

I think i have made a discovery

I have a very strange feeling i have stumbled on something. I was looking at the binary code in the 'other' section of the player profiles.. and look what i found..

Brian O'Driscoll, Josh Lewsey and Ma'a Nonu both have tacklebreacking 'super skill' in the game, and they both have the same top line of the binary code, which 00000110

Jonny Wilkinson, Dan Carter, Richie McCaw, Doug Howlett, Shane Williams, Matt Giteau, Francois Steyn (ex-Percy Montgomery) and Bryan Habana and others like Phil Vickery all have 00000111 somewhere in their code. Sometimes it's on props like Vickery and backrows like Palu.

Now, as far as i can tell a lot of these players are the star (marked as ^star) players in the game. There seems only to be one pattern and that is 00000111 and then 00000100. Every player has 00000100 as the 2nd line it seems, but when coupled with the first line of 00000111, 00000110 or 00000010 seems to indicate some sort of star quality, as it appears on key players 90% of the time.

The 00000111 code appears from star wingers, flyhalves and fullbacks ranging from Carter to Shane Williams but not with centres, like Nonu and O'Driscoll. Crashers like Nonu, Ford, Tonita, Collins, Castrogiovanni and O'Driscoll all have 00000110. This can't be a coincidence. I would say they are all crashers.

Also this is really odd.. only certain dark-skinned all blacks (Nonu, Mealamu, Rokocoko, Kaino, Weepu) have 01100010.

Woosaah.. if you read this.. do you know what these values equate to? If so, i think if we can actually change the code exactly.. although we don't see a pattern it might actually copy the skill set.

Latest posts