• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to give rugby 2006 a new lease of life?

J

jimmy44

Lets face it guys its gonna be at least a year before we see rugby 2007, so I'm keen to know your ingenious ways to keep rugby 2006 interesting!

I'm an avid England fan, but got bored of winning all the time with whats an over rated team in the game. I've tried other teams, but to be honest my patriotism keeps bringin me back to old blighty.

I'm sure everyone has done this already but anyway...

I've looked at all the areas that help the player dominate the game i.e rucking, defense oirganisation, kicking ability, tackling etc I've used the roster database and made one of two players of my own to create a new team which is weaker in these areas, without being so weak that you can't win any ball or compete. It takes time but once you get the balance right its worth the trouble trawling through all the stats and chosing the right players.

playing against the AI is now a real challenge, because no longer can I win so much possesion, no longer can I dominate the game with my flyhalf, no longer can I hold every tackle and keep a solid defensive line, and yet I have kept enough attacking potency to score good trys. Its all about getting the balance right, which may sound easy but believe me takes a while to get it perfect.

I've also weakend the agility and handling stats so their are more unforced errors, which I don't think happens enough in the game. This creates some fustrating but realistic moments!

I find now I can't control a game like I could before. I also have to pay closer attention to mommentum, because without it, I can't keep a hold of the ball in rucks for any length of time, nor can I steel the ball from the opposition.

In short the whole game feels more reaslistic, the games are a real challenge and more varied, but most importantly I'm back playing 06 and loving it!

latest results - not an easy game in their!

TEN NATIONS
Eng v Aus
20 29
Eng v Italy
27 12
Eng v France
17 12
Eng v Scotland
37 14
Eng v Wales
13 26
Eng v Ireland
8 24
Eng v Argentina
24 14

What ur thoughts?

i duno how ofton u guys play it but i play it like 3 times a week olnly and when i play i just adopt the attitude that if its a test match play as if it was a test match etc. that way u dont have so much possesion

i duno how ofton u guys play it but i play it like 3 times a week olnly and when i play i just adopt the attitude that if its a test match play as if it was a test match etc. that way u dont have so much possesion
[/b]
Or you could play multiplayer....I still haven't hit the brick wall....I can still see lots of things to learn....possibilities that need to be mastered.

yeah agreed that theres more to be discovered/mastered on multiplayer but as far as playing the AI is concerned i think most of us have hit that brick wall.

Well I just created a couple of the NZ NPC teams and created a couple of international players and that's how I get a bit more replay out of the game.

Lets face it guys its gonna be at least a year before we see rugby 2007, so I'm keen to know your ingenious ways to keep rugby 2006 interesting!
[/b]

Why do you say that? Rugby 07wouldn't be released so late in the year - if there is a Rugby 07, surely it will be out in Feb/March, like this year?

I didn't play it for a while, but seeing as my pro evo has stopped working and I don't get payed till the end of this week, I've been playing it alot more. Done some new kits, updated a couple of teams and just played some games here and there.

ive been playin as the weaker teams like italy try them out, seriously their pack is decent but it doesnt give you steady posession which makes the game harder, i lost in the semis of the WC 21-14 to france

also i try to use teams like usa, canada, romania etc alot

Yeah, that's no fun though... I wanna be able to play as the Wallabies and still be challenged by the AI, that's not happening though.
Gotta say though, in this game you can score some absolutely breathtaking tries! It makes it so much fun if you can get a bit of multiplayer going.

Yeah, that's no fun though... I wanna be able to play as the Wallabies and still be challenged by the AI, that's not happening though.
Gotta say though, in this game you can score some absolutely breathtaking tries! It makes it so much fun if you can get a bit of multiplayer going.
[/b]
I haven't owned the game for a few months now but I may get another copy because there are some new things that I want to try out and perfect.

What new things Gay-Guy? Come on man, tell us all of your secrets.

You talked heaps about how you and your mates used to share info about Street Fighter and it made all of you better players. Why not do it for Rugby as well?

What new things Gay-Guy? Come on man, tell us all of your secrets.

You talked heaps about how you and your mates used to share info about Street Fighter and it made all of you better players. Why not do it for Rugby as well?
[/b]
I do share with people I play with. Anyone who wants to meet up I show them things......very hard to show stuff by email as it gets lost in translation.

Fair enough - that sucks for me as I doubt that I will be heading to Auckland anytime soon.

Hi, i take it you played the game in elite mode? cos that makes it alot harder

fact is every game has limitations when it comes to AI

I play NHL 2006 to death and well frankly the AI is no challenge anymore I am just too good at ice hockey games

Latest posts