• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How To Slow Down Gameplay

S

savundra92

Hi and thanks for reading this thread. I got a new computer and when I play on rugby 06 or 08 the gameplay is rapid. I don't just mean that it is better. I mean it is too fast to actually enjoy and in-game, I am penalised for time delaying eg:when kicking for touch etc. If anyone can help me with this I will be very greatful. I have already tried increasing the resolution but that does not help. thanks

Sounds like a setting with the video card or something like that. The game is just running at a fast rate, it can only be the video card or something that is involved with games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Apr 1 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sounds like a setting with the video card or something like that. The game is just running at a fast rate, it can only be the video card or something that is involved with games.[/b]

I see... Do you have any idea how to change the settings, like on control panel etc. ?
thanks

Unfortunately, no. Maybe try around the net forums.. it might be related to your drivers if it's a new PC and others would have the same issue as you. It's not the games, i don't think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Apr 1 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Unfortunately, no. Maybe try around the net forums.. it might be related to your drivers if it's a new PC and others would have the same issue as you. It's not the games, i don't think.[/b]

ok thanks very much i will search for the problem.

If you have a Dual Core or Quad Core processor that's the problem. There is a thread about it, i don't remember the ***le.
You have to run Rugby 08, then call the task manager and right click on Rugby 08 exe, select "Set affinity" or something like that. And select just one core to run the application (you will see core 0, core 1, etc). Just select core 0.
I had the same problem and it worked for me. I have an AMD Phenom 9850 quad core processor.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (uli85 @ Apr 2 2009, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you have a Dual Core or Quad Core processor that's the problem. There is a thread about it, i don't remember the ***le.
You have to run Rugby 08, then call the task manager and right click on Rugby 08 exe, select "Set affinity" or something like that. And select just one core to run the application (you will see core 0, core 1, etc). Just select core 0.
I had the same problem and it worked for me. I have an AMD Phenom 9850 quad core processor.[/b]

Thanks very much for replying but my processor is a single core AMD Athlon 64 3200+. I right clicked the processing exe file with the task manager and the option was to 'set priority'. It was on normal but i moved it to slow, i tried again and it did not help slow down gameplay.

Does this problem occur in both Rugby 08 and 06? I want 2 buy 06 for PC however I may not bother if it speeds up like it does in my 08.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Apr 18 2009, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does this problem occur in both Rugby 08 and 06? I want 2 buy 06 for PC however I may not bother if it speeds up like it does in my 08.[/b]

yeh it does

Latest posts