• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to "unlock" the B&I Lions Tour in Rugby08

I use FshED all the time, in fact i don't use anything else. I didn't know you could delete/add subfiles though.. or should i say i haven't tried really.

Yep, that's possible. ;)

EDIT: even though that 216da.fsh contains all the tournaments, adding the other logos won't activate the tours, will they?

Any chance of finding this file from Rugby 06?

</Screen>
<Screen ID="11" FileName="tournaments_menu.rfe" PackageName="core.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
<Texture Name="fe_common" />
<Texture Name="fe_tourn_menu" />
</Screen>

EDIT: I've just tried to hexedit the tournaments_menu.rfe file by changing the GoToScreen numbers to match both the Ten Nations and Lions Tour (replacing the Guinness Prem. and World League). But it doesn't seem to change anything. If there was only someway in which to add more values.

As Shaheen says, it's probably not been coded in.. so if we did get it to work, it'd be actually programming the game rather than unlocking anything. I have given up wasting my time, so i have patched Lions Tour instead.

Well, well, well. My theory was correct. I added the tournaments_menu.rfe from Rugby 06, and it works! I have the lions tour as well as the ten nations, essentially all the tournaments from Rugby 06. :bravo: :p :lol:

There's just a really big blank out in the ten nations tournament menu being completely white, but the lions tour is fine.

Nice! Would you up to make your .rfe file available for download? Just I haven't a clue how or where to get mine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobbieD_PL @ Mar 19 2009, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, well, well. My theory was correct. I added the tournaments_menu.rfe from Rugby 06, and it works! I have the lions tour as well as the ten nations, essentially all the tournaments from Rugby 06. :bravo: :p :lol:

There's just a really big blank out in the ten nations tournament menu being completely white, but the lions tour is fine.[/b]

Just a thought, but 10 Nations is probably blank becuase it needs teams assigned in it's xml file. I'm surprised it loaded!

You need to extract this file: 1d63d9f5bf21d225224e6e7eec725621.big - from the Rugby 06 data.gob

and then extract tournaments_menu.rfe from the 06 one.

then reimport that file into the Rugby 08 1d63d9f5bf21d225224e6e7eec725621.big file

No the 10 nations aren't blank, all the fixtures and teams are there; it's just that the menu text and background are both white for some screens.

Cheers Robbie. I will test this. It means we can have a Super10 or a Magners League. This changes the game if we can play more modes. Great sleuthing Robbie.. chances are if HB was that lazy then they'd have taken the laziest route. It seems to be the case, it's just a lot of brainbashing and confusion often stops us from knowing what to do!

Hope this rejuvenates the forum a bit, it's dead as in here.

In the 06 data.gob i just noticed there is two files with that filename. One is a .bak and the other is the .big you mentioned. What do i do with the .bak?
In the 08 data.gob there is just the one file, the .big file. I take it the .bak file is not needed?

Also, if you get a few moments can you post a tutorial on adding subfiles to .fsh files.. 06 doesn't have the menu logos for each competition, and there are two missing (i assume) in the 216da.fsh file.

Whoops, not so fast guys. I found a bug. There is a South African team based in Joburg called the Cats, I haven't seen them anywhere in game, but they have (at least) menu logos. When I tried to play the last warm up match on the Tour against this team, the game crashed. I'm thinking that this will have to be edited to replace that team with the Johannesburg Lions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 19 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In the 06 data.gob i just noticed there is two files with that filename. One is a .bak and the other is the .big you mentioned. What do i do with the .bak?
In the 08 data.gob there is just the one file, the .big file. I take it the .bak file is not needed?

Also, if you get a few moments can you post a tutorial on adding subfiles to .fsh files.. 06 doesn't have the menu logos for each competition, and there are two missing (i assume) in the 216da.fsh file.[/b]

You don't need the .bak file, just the big, as it's essentially just the one rfe file that we're after.

As for the 216da file, I dont think it's needed. I had it made in preparation for unlocking, but such is the menu format that it removes the logos on the side. It essentially just uses the 06 layout. Same goes for the Ten Nations; it also uses 06 slyte menus for its main tournament menu.

Unless you mean that those logos in the 216da.fsh are for the black bars in which the logos move around in?

The Cats don't exist in 08.. but some of the graphics do.. all of my modded teams (for Currie Cup mod) appeared correct as teams i renamed.

I have just tested this now the tournament menu is changed, the text has gone into small text and there's no logos. But if you go for Lions Tour, it's all there. Everything, apart from some missing logos.. which can be added.

I tried 10 Nations.. there is some issue with missing graphics, this is why the menu's appear 'white'.. because it is in the 06 menu format, so i'm not sure we can fix it. You get 'white' graphics when they are not assigned properly because they are configured in the actual file for an actual team/mode.. i know this as i have found it for a RWC logo and minikits. The files are not assigend to the same filenames as 06, and you might have to add the 10 nations 06 graphics files to get it to work. In theory if this works, then you could use some of the 06 menus in 08.

This is still a great find Robbie. I will test it on my MUP patches. But it seems to work for me. I will test it in a few minutes and get back to you.

The Cats are now known as the Lions guys, hence why they're not in 08. Could I get a copy of the 06 .big file? Because I haven't got 06.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 19 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Cats don't exist in 08.. but some of the graphics do.. all of my modded teams (for Currie Cup mod) appeared correct as teams i renamed.

I have just tested this now the tournament menu is changed, the text has gone into small text and there's no logos. But if you go for Lions Tour, it's all there. Everything, apart from some missing logos.. which can be added.

I tried 10 Nations.. there is some issue with missing graphics, this is why the menu's appear 'white'.. because it is in the 06 menu format, so i'm not sure we can fix it. You get 'white' graphics when they are not assigned properly because they are configured in the actual file for an actual team/mode.. i know this as i have found it for a RWC logo and minikits. The files are not assigend to the same filenames as 06, and you might have to add the 10 nations 06 graphics files to get it to work. In theory if this works, then you could use some of the 06 menus in 08.

This is still a great find Robbie. I will test it on my MUP patches. But it seems to work for me. I will test it in a few minutes and get back to you.[/b]

Ok, i have some ideas after looking at the situation now we have some rfe info.

Here's my thoughts.

Cats in Lions Tour 'bug': The Cats were in 06 if i recall.. and we are using 06 files, so they would have been assigned in the South Africa Lions Tour xml, so all we have to do is update the South Africa Lions Tour xml so they play a team that is not the Cats in that final warm-up game. Then it will be fixed.

the xml you need is d3e7e30781e1fb00f0738a7e86654ec3.xml, and you can also add an extra team apart from the Cats, as there has been a space left for one.. so we can add Cheetahs here, and it appears that's what it is the ID 84 is the same. Lions team ID is 27, just assign the value to 27, so that it won't load the Cats. Voila. As was pointed out, the Cats is the old name for the Cheetahs and Lions franchise so we just have to add a different team, unless we are clever enough to activate a crashfree Cats.

Lions Tour Mode: Everything works fine, which is fantastic. I have tested it and all it's missing is the menu style of 08 (i.e text style and menu layout) and the grey logos in the background.. but it absolutely fine. 06 never had them so that is why they appear 'white', they don't have anything to load. I think that the menu style could be replicated by using other rfe files from 08.. but i'll explain that below.

10 Nations Mode: Well, the good news is that it works, but the bad news is that it looks messed up. The menu layout is from 06 and 08 is much different, so we have missing textures all over the shop as it is completely in 06 style. If we can figure out what file it is.. there must be a 10 nations .rfe file in 08.. but currently it is the 06 file clearly as it loads, and it is loading the old 06 file which the must have left in.

Once we find that file, we can remake it into 08 style and it'll be the same as the other mode menus. I hope.

The Tournament Menu: The Tournament menu is now missing logos and the text is tiny. I think the text can be hex-edited to a bigger size. I don't think we need the 216da.fsh anyway. What is best is that we try and find out what part of the 06 rfe file activates the modes in 08. Once we find it, we can use import it into the 08 rfe and it'll look the same as 08 does now hopefully.

The game doesn't need too much editing, as the layout is ok.. but it's needed to tidy-up certain menus. Hope this was helpful. I am working on the files now.. obviously the 6 Nations patch is useless now so i will try and convert the rfe data to 08 style.

If anyone wants me to upload the files i have now, i can do so but they will not be in 08 style. It's mainly just the 10 nations that is needing work.

If you could upload them mate that would be grand, just to have a look.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 19 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, i have some ideas after looking at the situation now we have some rfe info.

Here's my thoughts.

Cats in Lions Tour 'bug': The Cats were in 06 if i recall.. and we are using 06 files, so they would have been assigned in the South Africa Lions Tour xml, so all we have to do is update the South Africa Lions Tour xml so they play a team that is not the Cats in that final warm-up game. Then it will be fixed.

the xml you need is d3e7e30781e1fb00f0738a7e86654ec3.xml, and you can also add an extra team apart from the Cats, as there has been a space left for one.. so we can add Cheetahs here, and it appears that's what it is the ID 84 is the same. Lions team ID is 27, just assign the value to 27, so that it won't load the Cats. Voila. As was pointed out, the Cats is the old name for the Cheetahs and Lions franchise so we just have to add a different team, unless we are clever enough to activate a crashfree Cats.

Lions Tour Mode: Everything works fine, which is fantastic. I have tested it and all it's missing is the menu style of 08 (i.e text style and menu layout) and the grey logos in the background.. but it absolutely fine. 06 never had them so that is why they appear 'white', they don't have anything to load. I think that the menu style could be replicated by using other rfe files from 08.. but i'll explain that below.

10 Nations Mode: Well, the good news is that it works, but the bad news is that it looks messed up. The menu layout is from 06 and 08 is much different, so we have missing textures all over the shop as it is completely in 06 style. If we can figure out what file it is.. there must be a 10 nations .rfe file in 08.. but currently it is the 06 file clearly as it loads, and it is loading the old 06 file which the must have left in.

Once we find that file, we can remake it into 08 style and it'll be the same as the other mode menus. I hope.

The Tournament Menu: The Tournament menu is now missing logos and the text is tiny. I think the text can be hex-edited to a bigger size. I don't think we need the 216da.fsh anyway. What is best is that we try and find out what part of the 06 rfe file activates the modes in 08. Once we find it, we can use import it into the 08 rfe and it'll look the same as 08 does now hopefully.

The game doesn't need too much editing, as the layout is ok.. but it's needed to tidy-up certain menus. Hope this was helpful. I am working on the files now.. obviously the 6 Nations patch is useless now so i will try and convert the rfe data to 08 style.

If anyone wants me to upload the files i have now, i can do so but they will not be in 08 style. It's mainly just the 10 nations that is needing work.[/b]

Well, the 06 and 08 tournament_menu.rfe files are identical. I tried to change the font size, but there's no change on the tournament menu screen. So i am not sure how it works.

But anyway, here is the files you need to get you up and running. I have fixed the Cats fixture crash. It will make 10 Nations and Lions Tours available, and they will run by the default files, apart from the Cats fix, which is now against the S14 Lions.

http://files.filefront.com/ActivateLionsTo...;/fileinfo.html

That hasn't worked for me, Game Modes goes to the small text and when I click on New Tournament my screen just goes completely blank and I can't get off it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 19 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, the 06 and 08 tournament_menu.rfe files are identical. I tried to change the font size, but there's no change on the tournament menu screen. So i am not sure how it works.

But anyway, here is the files you need to get you up and running. I have fixed the Cats fixture crash. It will make 10 Nations and Lions Tours available, and they will run by the default files, apart from the Cats fix, which is now against the S14 Lions.

http://files.filefront.com/ActivateLionsTo...;/fileinfo.html[/b]

Latest posts