• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to "unlock" the B&I Lions Tour in Rugby08

Cats in Lions Tour 'bug': The Cats were in 06 if i recall.. and we are using 06 files, so they would have been assigned in the South Africa Lions Tour xml, so all we have to do is update the South Africa Lions Tour xml so they play a team that is not the Cats in that final warm-up game. Then it will be fixed.

For the cat and the lion the kit don t exist in rugby 08 but you can use it if you put player inside the team with the editor whossah and if you add the kit in c:program files/rugby08 i have play with it and is ok

When you have white windows the logo don t exist in the fsh but you can add some logos
see this post to do by kingwilko, me i have add all the logo allstars in the b33.......fsh because i active all the team all stars and i don t replace the existing team.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34629

if it can help you and thank you all for your work

That hasn't worked for me, Game Modes goes to the small text and when I click on New Tournament my screen just goes completely blank and I can't get off it.

What version of the game are you running? Is it the original game, MUP Euro? Can someone else test this.. it all works on mine first time. Perhaps there is a problem with the file, but it's the one i imported myself.

Also one other bug that I noticed.

For both the Australian and South African Tours there are only 4 warm up matches when in the rsg's there are actually 5.

EDIT: For Reference here are the Tours' rsg's.

5fe36c7ad28a8bb21aa332220730de23.rsg - "NO WARMUP" - 3 Tests vs Australia
9d2d44ee6682cb8acc8ee38d017ba1b7.rsg - "NZ Tour" - 1 Test vs each of the Super 14 Teams + 1 Test vs the NZ Maori Team + 3 Tests vs New Zealand
a888a0df722adc0507005adc033216c4.rsg - "NO WARMUP" - 3 Tests vs New Zealand
c6f977643ede83976b0c19ade4830016.rsg - "NO WARMUP" - 3 Tests vs South Africa
cdb4251b03e30d656efdeb67bbfbaae5.rsg - "AUS Tour" - 1 Test vs each of the Super 14 Teams + 1 Test vs Australia A + 3 Tests vs Australia
d3e7e30781e1fb00f0738a7e86654ec3.rsg - "SAF Tour" - 1 Test vs each of the Super 14 Teams + 3 Tests vs South Africa

The original game with only a few additions on kits etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 19 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What version of the game are you running? Is it the original game, MUP Euro? Can someone else test this.. it all works on mine first time. Perhaps there is a problem with the file, but it's the one i imported myself.[/b]

An Update on the below quote. I tried replacing the text from both the AUS and SAF Tours with the NZ Tour to see if they would show all 9 fixtures, but no luck there's still only 7 in the 2 other tours. I think this is another example of EA hardcoding at it's worst.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobbieD_PL @ Mar 20 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also one other bug that I noticed.

For both the Australian and South African Tours there are only 4 warm up matches when in the rsg's there are actually 5.

EDIT: For Reference here are the Tours' rsg's.

5fe36c7ad28a8bb21aa332220730de23.rsg - "NO WARMUP" - 3 Tests vs Australia
9d2d44ee6682cb8acc8ee38d017ba1b7.rsg - "NZ Tour" - 1 Test vs each of the Super 14 Teams + 1 Test vs the NZ Maori Team + 3 Tests vs New Zealand
a888a0df722adc0507005adc033216c4.rsg - "NO WARMUP" - 3 Tests vs New Zealand
c6f977643ede83976b0c19ade4830016.rsg - "NO WARMUP" - 3 Tests vs South Africa
cdb4251b03e30d656efdeb67bbfbaae5.rsg - "AUS Tour" - 1 Test vs each of the Super 14 Teams + 1 Test vs Australia A + 3 Tests vs Australia
d3e7e30781e1fb00f0738a7e86654ec3.rsg - "SAF Tour" - 1 Test vs each of the Super 14 Teams + 3 Tests vs South Africa[/b]

I noticed that too. I don't think there is much we can do.. the xml programs the teams, and the text is not loading.

These modes were NEVER planned to go in Rugby 08, so whatever we get to work is probably all we can do.

Well I've noticed that the xml's from 08 and 06 for the tours are identical. So yeh, What I've done is to remove the one teams that don't have one of the AUS/SAF tests hosted at their ground and replaced them with the odd one out.

EDIT: Any luck with the Ten Nations menus Fa'atau?

I'm trying to fix the graphics for the 10 Nations. I think i need these files from 06, but am not sure where to find them. Any ideas?

<Screen ID="283" FileName="ten_fixtures.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
<Texture Name="fe_common" />
<Texture Name="fe_tourn_ten" />
<Texture Name="flags" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="282" FileName="ten_menu.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="280" FileName="ten_settings.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="284" FileName="ten_standings.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
<Texture Name="flags" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="286" FileName="ten_winner.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="281" FileName="ten_teamselect.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
<Texture Name="tmntscmn" />
<Texture Name="flags" />

Also, i can't seem to get the text to resize on the tournament select menu.. i hex-edited the font value, but nothing changed. As far as i can see the file we added from 06 is identical to the 08 one, so what causes the text to appear?

Well the values i'm assuming are the same for the tennations. If you find it in 06 then it'd be more than likely that the same file is there in 08.

10 nations rfe's are in: fc97f8249c0206d5a7ac824387d38e96.big

Ok, i have just tried to put the 10 nations files in from 06 and the menu is useless. It goes back completely to 06 style, and locks itself up. I think we need to use 08 menu files, so i will try some more.

Do you have a list of the rfe files for 08, Robbie? I am thinking that if we use 08 menu files, they will load 08 style, because the 06 ones have done just that.. There was some improvement, but it was unusable.

The 10 Nations menu files that are in 08 are not the same as 06 as i thought. It is not the team select screen.. that is 08 style as is some other screens. I know what i have to replace now, but i am not sure if i add a 6 Nations menu file, if it will then load 6 Nations or crash.

I need the filenames for the 6 Nations if you have it Robbie.

for the graphic files use maybe filemon for to know the files which game use in rugby06 ??? you go in the topten menu and you save all adresse files and you find in the data.gob on the rugby06 for after maybe import in rugby08.
It s just one idea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 20 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, i have just tried to put the 10 nations files in from 06 and the menu is useless. It goes back completely to 06 style, and locks itself up. I think we need to use 08 menu files, so i will try some more.

Do you have a list of the rfe files for 08, Robbie? I am thinking that if we use 08 menu files, they will load 08 style, because the 06 ones have done just that.. There was some improvement, but it was unusable.

The 10 Nations menu files that are in 08 are not the same as 06 as i thought. It is not the team select screen.. that is 08 style as is some other screens. I know what i have to replace now, but i am not sure if i add a 6 Nations menu file, if it will then load 6 Nations or crash.

I need the filenames for the 6 Nations if you have it Robbie.[/b]

Ok. For the 10 nations, I essentially did the same thing as you; import the 06 big in the home dir, realised that the team select menu crashes, and then to solve that, I imported the 08 style menu select for the 10 nations which workd as before. After doing that I saw that the Fixtures and Standings menus were much improved, as the white part that was there by default in 08 was transparent in the 06 version.

As for testing the 6 nations files, that could work, but i'm thinking back to the Lions Tour and how those fixtures couldn't be edited. I'm thinking that if you replace the tennations things with the 6 and/or tri nations there could be incompatibilities. But still, anything is worth a crack.

This is the 6 Nations rfe's file: aad1f3fa6e29962dbff7f18d834a46a3.big
This is the 3 Nations rfe's file: 1519b17b28e90f9e565fde40ae7d6daf.big

I'd suggest trying to replace the following: tournament's main menu, fixtures, standings and settings as these are in the old 06 format The rest, including teamselect, are already in 08 format.

I'd also suggest the 3 Nations, since its settings menu doesn't have a specific annual calendar that it follows (2006, 2007 etc.), and neither does the Ten Nations.

Ok, i have a breakthrough!

I renamed the Tri-Nations .rfe files and added them into the ten-nations .rfe. I tried it at first and it comes up with a blank screen. Then, i realised that the menu has to point to the right screen, so i hex-edited the .rfe files so that they show the right screen. The breakthrough i have made is that the 10 Nations now loads in 08 menu style, but it is loading the Tri-Nations, so essentially i have duplicated Tri-Nations.

So, this is where it gets a bit complicated. Each of the Ten-Nations .rfe files has to have the correct screen ID assigned, so that the game loads it and not the screen of another competition.

This is the data i need.

Frame, fe_common (front end common) are the files that need to load. Then the xml would tell the game to load the flags (as it does correctly) and some graphics for 10 Nations.

<Screen ID="283" FileName="ten_fixtures.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
<Texture Name="flags" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="282" FileName="ten_menu.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="280" FileName="ten_settings.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="284" FileName="ten_standings.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
<Texture Name="flags" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="286" FileName="ten_winner.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
</Screen>
<Screen ID="281" FileName="ten_teamselect.rfe" PackageName="tennations.big">
<Texture Name="frame" />
<Texture Name="tmntscmn" />
<Texture Name="flags" />

I must hex-edit this into the .rfe files for Tri-Nations, then rename them as Ten-Nations and add them to the game. Hopefully then, the Ten Nations would load 08 Menu style but is pointing to the assignment of Ten Nations text.

I will continue to test, but i think i've nailed it.. i've just got to figure out how to define what i want with the files.

Ok, i have just edited all the screen ID's, and it still remains Tri-Nations, so the data must be elsewhere in that file. I will continue to test.

Edit: I have also added the other data (the unreadable part) from each 06 file in case that holds the data, but it appears it does not. So i still have the Tri-Nations coding in the Ten-Nations file. It is not picking up the Ten nations xml either, it is just a duplicate of Tri-Nations.

I tried to edit the 08 tournament select screen by adding extra coding for 2 extra competitions, and then assigning the screen (it's always the settings.rfe) but the game crashes after you click on game modes from the main menu.

So, what will just be a lot easier is for me to find the background screen for that screen and make it so you can see the text, as it clashes with my MUP grass background.. i can just add something else to it so it appears darker or something. I have tried all my ideas and am at a loss, even if i follow some patterns i saw in the coding. It's total guesswork and i failed.

In the 06 tournament_menu.rfe it is layed-out with different coding, but the key is the extra competitions are coded in.. in the 06.rfe the text to select modes is called textcascadeone 1.0 etc. On the 08.rfe is it more like MenuItemOneTransIn thensome coding and then MenuItemOneTransOut, but the key as to why the extra modes don't load is because only 6 of the competitions are coded. I tried to code them exactly, and they follow a pattern, but all i get is crashes. So i suspect the file cannot be edited in this way for this type of thing. If you use the 06.rfe file it has them coded in another style, but it's valid so it works, but looks different.

And also, the reason why the 08 menu's for Tri-Nations come up for Ten Nations is because i used Tri-nations files. If i hex-edit the screen ID i found that it doesn't do anything. I can't seem to get the xml to work either, so it's just a copy of Tri-Nations. There is some configuration we have to find obviously.. if we can even get 10 Nations to work. I am sure it is not in 08 at all, as there is nothing but leftovers from 06 in the game.. no trophy in the cabinet for example.

I'm quite confused.. but it's only because i'm a complete novice at coding. If anyone else wants a go, just ask me and i'll try to fill you in with what i have learned.

Latest posts