• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to Unlock the British Lions and NZ Maori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Dec 21 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can somebody explain how to unlock this teams in rugby 08 ,please.[/b]

You need to edit the be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml file to "activate" the teams:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
<team Index="101" Active="yes" Type="allstars" CodeId="ID_BRITISH_LIONS" FeGroup="representative" StringTableId="1093" TeamName="The Lions" Abbreviation="LIO" HomeColour="180,36,8,255" AwayColour="243,243,243,255" Logo="lion" />[/b]

and if you are using Woosaah's Rugasmic 08 Editor go to the location where you installed the editor and edit the teams.csv file:

101,yes,allstars,The Lions[/b]

After this you should be able to edit the teams :)

Cheers
Ross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 21 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Dec 21 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to edit the be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml file to "activate" the teams:

<team Index="101" Active="yes" Type="allstars" CodeId="ID_BRITISH_LIONS" FeGroup="representative" StringTableId="1093" TeamName="The Lions" Abbreviation="LIO" HomeColour="180,36,8,255" AwayColour="243,243,243,255" Logo="lion" />[/b]

and if you are using Woosaah's Rugasmic 08 Editor go to the location where you installed the editor and edit the teams.csv file:

Cheers
Ross
[/b][/quote]

where is this xml? and the csv?

he meant jdv as in how to play as them in exhibition.

you need to complete all the challanges i think, EVOL and faatau put the profile on the web somewhere which allowed to be unlockable.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 22 2008, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 21 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Dec 21 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers
Ross
[/b][/quote]

where is this xml? and the csv?
[/b][/quote]

The .xml file is in the data.gob file and needs to be extracted with bigGUI and can then be edited with wordpad or notepad.

The .csv file is in the folder where you installed Woosaah's Rugasmic 08 Editor and can also be edited with wordpad or notepad.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 22 2008, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
he meant jdv as in how to play as them in exhibition.

you need to complete all the challanges i think, EVOL and faatau put the profile on the web somewhere which allowed to be unlockable.[/b]

steynboi those profiles are for rugby 06 not rugby 08,man007 was asking for rugby 08

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Dec 21 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Anycase did you get it to work man007?

Cheers
Ross

In any game, you can cheat by altering the coding of the game. Basically, in Rugby 06 and Rugby 08 there is an xml file that controls which teams are appearing in the game. The game reads this data and loads the data accordingly.

In that xml there is lots of teams, such as Chile, Cornish Pirates, Tunisia and even US Colleges listed which are read as 'FALSE'. This tells the game not to load them. To unlock them without code editing, you would have to beat the game to the requirements to activate it, i.e win 10 games with all blacks or something.

The problem being is that if you alter the code for the game to read them, there is NO files for them to associate with. There is NOT enough placeholders (a placeholder is a token graphic/file that has not association) to be able to actually give them all their own minikit, kits, or graphics.

And also, the game seems to have a set number of teams. If you change that number, the game will crash.

So, if you added Chile to the game they would be unplayable assuming the game did not crash. You can code the game so they use other teams graphics/files but then you just have useless duplicates/clones.

Also, you can't add any extra players to the roster, so to add extra teams means they'd have to be for teams with players in the game already.. i.e England Saxons, NZ Maori, World XV etc.

It seems the graphics for some teams are there, but i think they are left there purely for the next release or while they was developing it.. in case Tunisia was to qualify for RWC 2011 or Cornish Pirates make the GP etc. At the moment, you can add a team like Cornish Pirates, with it's placeholders, but it seems you have to remove a team if you go over the limit. It's far easier just to mod another team.

Why they put US colleges in i have no idea.

But just to explain.. NZ Maori, Junior All Blacks and British Lions are complete in the game, and all you have to do is change the value to TRUE.

Now NZ Maori is scrapped and Australia A is redundant for the moment, you could add another team into the game using NZ Maori filenames. You can if you wished edit out all the non essential teams, i.e the representative teams who play rarely or infrequently and add more clubs, but they would have to go into the representative section.

The main problem with adding new national teams (countries) is that the players must be listed under another nations flag/nationality, as you can't seem to add additional flags and nationality listings. This is why it is best to add only clubs, or representative teams who are from nations listed in the game.

Really informative post Fa'atau,

I really appreciate how much I have learned about game modding just by reading this and many other similar posts in these forums.

Keep up the excellent work guys.

I will at some stage add this to the knowledge base thread. As i edit so much of different types i can't recall the filenames but i know what to do, so i will post up some tutorials over Christmas.

There are 2 be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml in the data.gob :crazy: ,anyway, I exported one and edited it putting yes ,then I left it in the main directory of Rugby 08,after that I edited the Woosah team.csv , but when I get in the game there is the Super 14 South African Lions team in the Representatives, not the British Lions one <_< .

What im doing wrong :huh: ?

That is strange!When I did it like that it work perfectly...

What team is in the editor when you want to edit the team with the editor?

You can get the MUP.pro from my site EARSC

I think you need to unlock all the challenges, and MUP.pro has that.

You don't need to unlock all the challenges to play with the Lions, I can remember I also had that at one stage where the Lions (super14) was in the place of the British Lions,just can't remember what I did to fix it...was along time ago lol.

man007 maybe you could post exactly what you did in the xml file?Then I might be able to help you

Cheers
Ross

I extracted the be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml file of the Data.gob , open it and change the:
<team Index="101" Active="no" Type="allstars" CodeId="ID_BRITISH_LIONS" FeGroup="representative" StringTableId="1093" TeamName="The Lions" Abbreviation="LIO" HomeColour="180,36,8,255" AwayColour="243,243,243,255" Logo="lion" />

for:
<team Index="101" Active="yes" Type="allstars" CodeId="ID_BRITISH_LIONS" FeGroup="representative" StringTableId="1093" TeamName="The Lions" Abbreviation="LIO" HomeColour="180,36,8,255" AwayColour="243,243,243,255" Logo="lion" />

and then put it in the main directory of Rugby 08 (like when you put new faces in the game).

then I edited the teams.csv of the main folder if the Woosaah editor and change this:
101,no,allstars,The Lions to this 101,yes,allstars,The Lions

and then open the game and appear the SA Lions of Super 14 instead of the British Lions.

I unlocked the NZ Maori too, maybe thats the problem??

Well I just tested it with the NZ Maori unlocked at it gives the correct Lions team,well give it a try,lock the NZ Maori again and see what happens...?

Cheers
Ross

When i follow the instructions the British Lions seem to become unlocked but the NZ Maori do not. they appear in the selection screen but the minikit does not and when i try to play with them the game just has an error.

All the teams in the xml (be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml) that have a String ID can be unlocked and played with in the game. Just change the active "no" to "yes", don't edit anything else in the xml yet.

You then need to edit the roster so that the activated teams have full squads. Then assign kits, logos, balls etc to play with the teams without crashing.

I have replaced all these teams with European teams taking part in Heineken Cup and Challenge Cup so have both a full Super 14 (the default teams), all the Top 14 teams, plus Rovigo, Parma, Padova, Bucaresti Oaks, El Salvador & Connacht. Unlike the MUP09.

Describing the best way to do all this is very lengthy so if anyone wants to know I can post all the details.

But for now here's an example of how to activate the Lions, as this seems most topical:

1. Do as posted above, in the xml change active to "yes", save the file to root directory - this activates the team but with Super 14 Lions squad and minikit etc. Don't worry about this now it will be fixed now...

2. Get a hex editor open - dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english

3. Search for "lions" in text string, many will appear you need to find where the word "Lions" appears after Treviso, ignore all the others

4. Highlight "Lions" and delete the block

5. Select insert text string and type "Lions" - this replaces the conflict caused between the Super 14 Lions and the British Lions

6. Start Rugby 08 go to the team selection screen find the British Lions in Representative they should now have the Zurich sponsored minikit and the squad from the tour to NZL.

7. Unfortunately there are no kits for the British Lions so you need to make one or find one somewhere amongst the many kit threads on here. The kit files are not listed in the gob Excel document, so to find out what files are missing (I can't remember which ones I did this about 5 months ago) attempt to play with the British Lions. The game will crash note down the .big file that the game failed to load. Rename your British Lions kit to this, move to the root directory.

8. Repeat with the away kit.

9. Try to play again - I can't remember but I think all the other files are already in the .gob.

10. To edit the roster open "teams" Excel file in Woosah's editor folder, replace the "no" next to ID 101 with "yes" and save

11. Open the editor and replace the players at will.

The British Lions team should now work perfectly in game. They have proper commentary with the team name and references made to the NZ tour before the match starts.

If anyone is interested in unlocking the other teams and how to edit the rosters for them easily I will tell but as I mentioned earlier it gets quite complicated. But I think the results are worth it.

Hope this is helpful

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommy_whitefoot @ Jan 4 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All the teams in the xml (be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml) that have a String ID can be unlocked and played with in the game. Just change the active "no" to "yes", don't edit anything else in the xml yet.

You then need to edit the roster so that the activated teams have full squads. Then assign kits, logos, balls etc to play with the teams without crashing.

I have replaced all these teams with European teams taking part in Heineken Cup and Challenge Cup so have both a full Super 14 (the default teams), all the Top 14 teams, plus Rovigo, Parma, Padova, Bucaresti Oaks, El Salvador & Connacht. Unlike the MUP09.

Describing the best way to do all this is very lengthy so if anyone wants to know I can post all the details.

But for now here's an example of how to activate the Lions, as this seems most topical:

1. Do as posted above, in the xml change active to "yes", save the file to root directory - this activates the team but with Super 14 Lions squad and minikit etc. Don't worry about this now it will be fixed now...

2. Get a hex editor open - dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english

3. Search for "lions" in text string, many will appear you need to find where the word "Lions" appears after Treviso, ignore all the others

4. Highlight "Lions" and delete the block

5. Select insert text string and type "Lions" - this replaces the conflict caused between the Super 14 Lions and the British Lions

6. Start Rugby 08 go to the team selection screen find the British Lions in Representative they should now have the Zurich sponsored minikit and the squad from the tour to NZL.

7. Unfortunately there are no kits for the British Lions so you need to make one or find one somewhere amongst the many kit threads on here. The kit files are not listed in the gob Excel document, so to find out what files are missing (I can't remember which ones I did this about 5 months ago) attempt to play with the British Lions. The game will crash note down the .big file that the game failed to load. Rename your British Lions kit to this, move to the root directory.

8. Repeat with the away kit.

9. Try to play again - I can't remember but I think all the other files are already in the .gob.

10. To edit the roster open "teams" Excel file in Woosah's editor folder, replace the "no" next to ID 101 with "yes" and save

11. Open the editor and replace the players at will.

The British Lions team should now work perfectly in game. They have proper commentary with the team name and references made to the NZ tour before the match starts.

If anyone is interested in unlocking the other teams and how to edit the rosters for them easily I will tell but as I mentioned earlier it gets quite complicated. But I think the results are worth it.

Hope this is helpful[/b]

Very good tutorial tommy :bravo: :bravo: .

Just there by step 5 where you say:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Select insert text string and type "Lions" - this replaces the conflict caused between the Super 14 Lions and the British Lions[/b]
I think it would be better to change it from "Lions" to "British and Irish Lions"

I got the kits for the B&I Lions home and away, will upload it later ;)

have you gotten the NZ Moari's to work?my game crashes the whole time when I try to edit/play with them

Cheers
Ross

Latest posts