• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to Unlock the British Lions and NZ Maori

With point number 5 - it's easier to search for "Treviso" and replace the team name immediately after this. From memory that team is "Lions" which is why the Super 14 Lions stuff appears (?).

I have played with every team that has a String ID including NZ Maori. I have changed all the team names in the Hex editor to European clubs, dunno if this impacts upon whether or not thy are playable (as it does with the British Lions).

I've never had any gameplay crashes even after editing placeholders for the new teams kits and logos.

The rosters seem to cause most issues and the in game Team Management won't work (but you don't need that once you know what crashes Woosah's editor).

Shall I write up the quick way to edit rosters for the activated teams?

I read a post from Pageski months ago where he said it is very difficult (it isn't) and doesn't take ages either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommy_whitefoot @ Jan 4 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
With point number 5 - it's easier to search for "Treviso" and replace the team name immediately after this. From memory that team is "Lions" which is why the Super 14 Lions stuff appears (?).

I have played with every team that has a String ID including NZ Maori. I have changed all the team names in the Hex editor to European clubs, dunno if this impacts upon whether or not thy are playable (as it does with the British Lions).

I've never had any gameplay crashes even after editing placeholders for the new teams kits and logos.

The rosters seem to cause most issues and the in game Team Management won't work (but you don't need that once you know what crashes Woosah's editor).

Shall I write up the quick way to edit rosters for the activated teams?

I read a post from Pageski months ago where he said it is very difficult (it isn't) and doesn't take ages either.[/b]

Please mate, would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
Ross

How to do rosters for the newly activated teams

Back up your roster first

1. Activate the teams in the "teams" Excel file in Woosah's editor folder by changing "no" to "yes" - save.

2. Open the editor and the team you want to change in the Team Edit section. An error message will appear, click continue.

3. Select "Portugal" (can be any but works best with players with no assigned club) from the nationality box. The Portuguese players will appear below.

4. Remove all the players (if any) from the squad.

5. Add the top player from players list and repeat until he is in every position. Click save, there should be no error message.

6. Now remove player 1 and replace with the next Portuguese player down, then remove player number 2 and replace with the 3rd Portuguese player down. Repeat until the squad is full of Portuguese players. Save. No error message should appear.

7. Select International and Argentina from the team select box in the top left. Save

8. Now return to the team you were editing you should now see the Portuguese filled squad from step 6. Save.

9. Exit the editor and reopen. Return to the squad. That team should now be fully editable and any player can be replaced.

10. Edit the performance stats, captain, kickers and stadium etc to suit the new team. Save.

TIP - do not press save at any time unless it says so above. Back up your roster first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This worked every time for all the teams with String IDs.

I have found it impossible to edit any team without a String ID.

I know it seems a roundabout way but it does work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommy_whitefoot @ Jan 4 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How to do rosters for the newly activated teams

Back up your roster first

1. Activate the teams in the "teams" Excel file in Woosah's editor folder by changing "no" to "yes" - save.

2. Open the editor and the team you want to change in the Team Edit section. An error message will appear, click continue.

3. Select "Portugal" (can be any but works best with players with no assigned club) from the nationality box. The Portuguese players will appear below.

4. Remove all the players (if any) from the squad.

5. Add the top player from players list and repeat until he is in every position. Click save, there should be no error message.

6. Now remove player 1 and replace with the next Portuguese player down, then remove player number 2 and replace with the 3rd Portuguese player down. Repeat until the squad is full of Portuguese players. Save. No error message should appear.

7. Select International and Argentina from the team select box in the top left. Save

8. Now return to the team you were editing you should now see the Portuguese filled squad from step 6. Save.

9. Exit the editor and reopen. Return to the squad. That team should now be fully editable and any player can be replaced.

10. Edit the performance stats, captain, kickers and stadium etc to suit the new team. Save.

TIP - do not press save at any time unless it says so above. Back up your roster first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This worked every time for all the teams with String IDs.

I have found it impossible to edit any team without a String ID.

I know it seems a roundabout way but it does work.[/b]

Okay cool I finally managed to get the Moari's to work properply but when I try to unlock Viadana (Italian team) the game crashes when I go to the team management screen ingame...do you also get this?They have a String ID and all

Cheers
Ross

Also,those 4 userteams do they work for you cause the give me an error in the editor and after that error I can't edit any other team...something about "index was outside the bound of array"

tommy I've managed to get Viadana and Leeds to work,you have to set them as "representative" in the "FeGroup="

just I think you can't play with the "user teams" as they don't have player positions ingame,but I've got a few extra teams now to play with so thanks very much for your help!

Cheers
Ross

The only 'hidden' teams we got to work for MUP is NZ Maori and British Lions. You basically have to assign 'yes' in the xml file. Tnen, in the roster editor, you must find the teams and add players to their squad because they are empty. When you do this, the squad will work in the game. For the moment, add any players to get it working.

The Lions have their own minikits and kits, from the last tour. NZ Maori have placeholders (like clown outfits with nz maori logo) for minikits. These are simple to edit and are in rugbygob.

The NZ Maori kit is a little messed up.. if you assign the files as in rugbygob, you seem to have switched files, but it's easy to fix.

Certain other 'hidden' teams like Cornish Pirates have their own files, but if you try and add them as an extra team to their group, they don't seem to add and the game crashes. They are there as a replacement.. probably for the team that gets relegated from GP this season and have been left in for quickness for EA's next game i assume.

So, you can't really add them as individual.. you can maybe add a couple to make up numbers in the representative group, but they'd have shared graphics. Also, for example.. if you wanna add extra flags for other nationalities, you can't do this or so much as you can't assign them.

Those 4 user teams are baffling. They are unuseable it seems.

Hehehehe :D :D :D :D , I have news for the people that can´t get the Lions in the game.
I was surfing in the web of TRF and I get to the filefront account of a user named USAPISTE ,better known as USAP in this forum, then I was about to download a X kit that I wanted, when I see a file named Lions.rar :bulb: , so I decided to download it to see if it had something to do with unlock the British Lions and it was exactly that :p .All you have to do is download the file from here and EXTRACT it to the MAIN FOLDER of Rugby 08 and voila!!!, it have the kits,minikits,logos and all the stuff of the Lions :bana: :bana: :bana:

Many,many thanks to USAP for his great non-direct help :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: all the credit is for him

PD: It have a minor issue with the roster of Ross Munro (Intercept King JdV), because the roster replaces some old players that are in the team,like Dallaglio or Dawson, but you can replace them with new players.

man007 yeah I know about that "issue" thats because I haven't updated the B&I Lions yet, but it will be updated in the next release

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Jan 23 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hehehehe :D :D :D :D , I have news for the people that can´t get the Lions in the game.
I was surfing in the web of TRF and I get to the filefront account of a user named USAPISTE ,better known as USAP in this forum, then I was about to download a X kit that I wanted, when I see a file named Lions.rar :bulb: , so I decided to download it to see if it had something to do with unlock the British Lions and it was exactly that :p .All you have to do is download the file from here and EXTRACT it to the MAIN FOLDER of Rugby 08 and voila!!!, it have the kits,minikits,logos and all the stuff of the Lions :bana: :bana: :bana:

Many,many thanks to USAP for his great non-direct help :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: all the credit is for him

PD: It have a minor issue with the roster of Ross Munro (Intercept King JdV), because the roster replaces some old players that are in the team,like Dallaglio or Dawson, but you can replace them with new players.[/b]

Thanks Man007 for that, I was reading the posts and getting worried (Not that great at modding) it was looking a bit complicated for me. Cheers :D

Hmm for some reason the mod doesn't work for me. I have a clean install of Rugby 08 and I just put in the 6 files from that Lions.rar into the root folder of my game only to have one of the South African Super 14 teams in the representative section. Any other steps that I need to do before hand?

Try extracting all again in the main folder, remember to extract the files, not the folder with the files inside, you got it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Feb 18 2009, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Try extracting all again in the main folder, remember to extract the files, not the folder with the files inside, you got it?[/b]

Yep, I managed to fix it anyway. I also followed the step to do with the dc.english file and it worked.

Does anyone have a tutorial for unlocking the NZ Maori teams?

Does anyone here have kits and minikits for the NZ Maoris team? I've just completed editing their roster but the game crashes on me because I am missing kits and minis files.

KITS:
7ccb2fd6cb9173e3046a077cbdd618c9.big
500a9a29ba2a08d802e9f50e2b836a38.fsh
3d0dc024f049abcb2509f255db7d6824.big
aac2c4ec7e0fd49e8cccb69217ea8054.fsh

MINIKTS:
8ce5ef8e3cde52ce8b5312cac198a69a.fsh
008dae31a076aa76398a3d9353aa1ec6.fsh
307803d70e124053a5e0df0f2773a042.fsh
d401d8a774cce7301c153dd0fe03bd0f.fsh

LOGOS:
f6d7c2edce1a8925e4c0e1750ff48d83.fsh
4a2b4035ce3136c0b9fa85142099a90c.fsh

FLAGS:
72a74888e92425f8e17d7b54537b17ed.fsh

BALLON:
f6527660888e32bab9fa5efab02a0df0.fsh

the right KIT like cats and leeds you can found it in rugby2006 data.gob don t exist in rugby08.
You take existing kit and rename for use it during one match. Only the mini kit must be extract on the data.gob or to rename with hexaeditor because there is the name of the team inside.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pageski @ Feb 25 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
KITS:
7ccb2fd6cb9173e3046a077cbdd618c9.big
500a9a29ba2a08d802e9f50e2b836a38.fsh
3d0dc024f049abcb2509f255db7d6824.big
aac2c4ec7e0fd49e8cccb69217ea8054.fsh

MINIKTS:
8ce5ef8e3cde52ce8b5312cac198a69a.fsh
008dae31a076aa76398a3d9353aa1ec6.fsh
307803d70e124053a5e0df0f2773a042.fsh
d401d8a774cce7301c153dd0fe03bd0f.fsh

LOGOS:
f6d7c2edce1a8925e4c0e1750ff48d83.fsh
4a2b4035ce3136c0b9fa85142099a90c.fsh

FLAGS:
72a74888e92425f8e17d7b54537b17ed.fsh

BALLON:
f6527660888e32bab9fa5efab02a0df0.fsh

the right KIT like cats and leeds you can found it in rugby2006 data.gob don t exist in rugby08.
You take existing kit and rename for use it during one match. Only the mini kit must be extract on the data.gob or to rename with hexaeditor because there is the name of the team inside.[/b]

I need the actual kit and minis image files. I don't have Rugby 06.

I tried extracting those files but still got the S14 Lions side in representative. What do I do?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommy_whitefoot @ Jan 5 2009, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All the teams in the xml (be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml) that have a String ID can be unlocked and played with in the game. Just change the active "no" to "yes", don't edit anything else in the xml yet.

You then need to edit the roster so that the activated teams have full squads. Then assign kits, logos, balls etc to play with the teams without crashing.

I have replaced all these teams with European teams taking part in Heineken Cup and Challenge Cup so have both a full Super 14 (the default teams), all the Top 14 teams, plus Rovigo, Parma, Padova, Bucaresti Oaks, El Salvador & Connacht. Unlike the MUP09.

Describing the best way to do all this is very lengthy so if anyone wants to know I can post all the details.

But for now here's an example of how to activate the Lions, as this seems most topical:

1. Do as posted above, in the xml change active to "yes", save the file to root directory - this activates the team but with Super 14 Lions squad and minikit etc. Don't worry about this now it will be fixed now...

2. Get a hex editor open - dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english

3. Search for "lions" in text string, many will appear you need to find where the word "Lions" appears after Treviso, ignore all the others

4. Highlight "Lions" and delete the block

5. Select insert text string and type "The Lions" - this replaces the conflict caused between the Super 14 Lions and the Lions

6. Start Rugby 08 go to the team selection screen find the Lions in Representative they should now have the Zurich sponsored minikit and the squad from the tour to NZL.

7. Unfortunately there are no kits for the Lions so you need to make one or find one somewhere amongst the many kit threads on here. The kit files are not listed in the gob Excel document, so to find out what files are missing (I can't remember which ones I did this about 5 months ago) attempt to play with the Lions. The game will crash note down the .big file that the game failed to load. Rename your Lions kit to this, move to the root directory.

8. Repeat with the away kit.

9. Try to play again - I can't remember but I think all the other files are already in the .gob.

10. To edit the roster open "teams" Excel file in Woosah's editor folder, replace the "no" next to ID 101 with "yes" and save

The Lions team should now work perfectly in game. They have proper commentary with the team name and references made to the NZ tour before the match starts.

If anyone is interested in unlocking the other teams and how to edit the rosters for them easily I will tell but as I mentioned earlier it gets quite complicated. But I think the results are worth it.

Hope this is helpful[/b]

@bc2704: You have to do all the bolded steps in the above tutorial as well as putting in the kits files from the rar folder.

Hi guys

I have a small problem with the dc.english file. I can change all text apart from the text that shows the team categories (International|Super 14|European|Representative)
if i try to edit it, the teams are not selectable or it selects England. This is very strange. It's a new file, as i am going to make one from scratch because i think Fran's was missing some in-match text.

Any one had this?

It's not a big deal, but it just means the group will always be called 'super 14', rather than Currie Cup, ANZ Cup or whatever.

Latest posts