• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How To Watch Rugby World Cup 2019 Officially?

It's gonna run you $200+ ... I can't believe it, but I'm leaning towards coughing up the dough... :(

It's gonna run you $200+ ... I can't believe it, but I'm leaning towards coughing up the dough... :(

Fair play to you Dave... as far as growing the game in the states though, putting the show piece tourney behind 200 bucks pay wall wouldn't have been my strategy!

Guess that's why I get paid the small bucks!

you would have at least thought they could show the USA games free to air

F that. They deserve the pirate streams Same as with every broadcaster launching their own streaming service

So, I work with a woman who's in the US Women's Rugby Hall of Fame, so I get to pester her with my questions all the time. Recently, we were talking about how exciting the World Cup is (this is my first!), and she mentioned how getting out and watching a game at a pub is such a great experience, with all the energy and camaraderie, and the whole bit. I was like, "Yeah, that DOES sound awesome, lemme go looking for bars that will carry it..."

Then I downloaded the calendar and discovered not one game will be on while any bar is open within driving distance. There are a few that start just after midnight, but bars in Boston close at 2:00, so even if they were showing it, you'd likely miss the ending. The average time for most games is between 3AM and 5AM. Oy vey.

Gotta remember not to check these forums or Twitter in the morning, that's for sure!

Then I downloaded the calendar and discovered not one game will be on while any bar is open within driving distance. There are a few that start just after midnight, but bars in Boston close at 2:00, so even if they were showing it, you'd likely miss the ending. The average time for most games is between 3AM and 5AM. Oy vey.

If you're driving to a bar for a rugby match, you're doing it wrong! ;) It's a mixed blessing IMO. It's great to get a bit of atmosphere, but the trade off is the influx of experts who come out of the woodwork when big games are televised who love to share their insight into the game by bemoaning every refereeing decision and shouting "tackle" or "legs" every time the opposition have the ball!

Early kick offs are a killer. For the Lions tests, I was getting to my local for 7.30am to grab decent seats. It's amazing how much Guinness you can get through when you starts at that time and stay out for the duration!

I really don't want to have to ban anymore people for linking to illegal streaming sites.

If you wanna send it in PMs it's out of our hands, knock yourselves out, but don't post them on the main forum - we've ran into legal issues in the past because of this so anyone who does so will be out on their arse.

I really don't want to have to ban anymore people for linking to illegal streaming sites.

If you wanna send it in PMs it's out of our hands, knock yourselves out, but don't post them on the main forum - we've ran into legal issues in the past because of this so anyone who does so will be out on their arse.

Yep makes sense, good to know

Latest posts