• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Howlett out for the season

Definitely a blow for Munster, especially with the HEC starting back up this week
Will it be Zebo who steps up?

Zebo's injured too according to the sports news on RTE. A back 3 of Hurley, Murphy and Barnes perhaps? Chambers and one of Keatley or Mafi in the centre.

Is Keith Earls out as well?
Do you know how much longer Felix is out for?
When you look at it, that's a fair bit of disruption to the back three

Hurley, Murphy & Barnes up against North, Lamont & Iongi? I know who I'd rather have. Big problems for Munster in the back three now, although it would probably more of a disadvantage if they lost their pack for the games against the Scarlets, as that's your best chance of exploiting them.

The injuries are mounting up. Flannery, Sherry (second choice hooker), David Wallace, Felix Jones, Earls and Howlett would all start. Good opportunity for the Scarletts.

A massive loss, fantastic player and a true creative spark in the Munster backline. Imo Mafi offer more defensively and should be placed at 12 with Barnes/Chambers at 13, which leaves Murphy at full back, with Hurley countering Norths wing, which leaves whoever doesn't get in the centre on the other wing or Zebo (suspect fitness), f**k it though even TO'L could be shunted into centre, wing, or fullback (very fast, strong, brave, excellent tackler, decent passer).
Munster have been ravaged by key injures this season, Wallace (B&I lion) is a legend, Earls a top class winger, Howlett NZ's top scorer, Fla was a top class hooker who would have (prob) started for the Lions, Sherry is hopefully the next Irish hooker in the making and Jones looked electric last year and was rewarded with international honors and may have even went to the world cup, this is a big opportunity however for some of the lesser lights to stand up and be counted.

Latest posts