16. Seán Cronin (199)

17. Peter Dooley (97)

18. Thomas Clarkson (10)

19. Jack Dunne (15)

20. Rhys Ruddock (198)

21. Nick McCarthy (41)

22. Rory O'Loughlin (91)

23. James Lowe (58)

(15-9) Rob Lyttle, Robert Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ben Moxham, Billy Burns, Nathan Doak;

(1-8) Andrew Warwick, John Andrew, Tom O'Toole, Kieran Treadwell, Sam Carter, David McCann, Marcus Rea, Nick Timoney (Capt.).

Replacements: Brad Roberts, Eric O'Sullivan, Marty Moore, Cormac Izuchukwu, Matty Rea, David Shanahan, Ian Madigan, Stewart Moore.

Good to see Izuchukwu back from injury.
No Lowry, knock from Ireland training maybe?
No Vermuelen either but I don't think we'll miss him too much.

Munster:

15. Mike Haley
14. Calvin Nash
13. Chris Farrell
12. Dan Goggin
11. Simon Zebo
10. Ben Healy
9. Craig Casey

1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Diarmuid Barron
3. Stephen Archer
4. Jean Kleyn
5. Fineen Wycherley
6. Jack O'Donoghue
7. Chris Cloete
8. Gavin Coombes

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Jeremy Loughman, John Ryan, Alex Kendellen, John Hodnett, Neil Cronin, Jack Crowley, Shane Daly.

Why Cloete, a player who is likely leaving the club and isn't as good a player as Hodnett is starting..... I have no idea. Cloete is a good player, but I don't know why we persist with him beyond blind loyalty. Besides that, the TH situation remains bizarre. The lads Salanoa and Knox must be way below the pace or the selections are poor. Hope the outhalves do a 50/30 split. Important game for us, hope we can get a win.

That was absolute madness at the end of the first half from Edinburgh. After they score the try they secure possession with about a minute to go. Instead of keeping the ball and running down the clock they kick it away and Munster end up with a try. Edinburgh did well to recover after a tough opening 20 but they have ruined all that effort with their decision making right at the end of the half.

Edinburgh need more bulk to convert the time spent in the opposition 22 into points. I didn't watch their game last week but I heard they had similar problems then too.

Didn't see the game, so have no comment besides Zebo is world class and Keenan wouldn't be fit to lace his boots, but Munster need to sign Ben Muncaster, make him head coach and let him fight Stuart Lancaster.

Didn't see the game, so have no comment besides Zebo is world class and Keenan wouldn't be fit to lace his boots, but Munster need to sign Ben Muncaster, make him head coach and let him fight Stuart Lancaster.
Pound for pound Zebo is a terrible spend.

Because he's fat.

Really disappointing for Edinburgh. They need to be beating the Irish sides away from home when they are a bit off colour. They'll make the playoffs I'd imagine but aren't looking like challengers and the Saffas may boss them.

Looking forward to some nice predictable rugby. None of that last place pushing first to the last play nonsense.
Hopefully. Worrying start for the sprays as already their defence looks stretched and full of holes.

Leinster very efficiently bossing this at the moment. Sprays not managing to hold possession or put together a meaningful attack so far. Webb also very Jekyll and Hyde wild, Toulon really did ruin him he's no where near the player he was.

Probably should have a try more at least. The Byrne 10-12 axis a bit blunt. Ross not having his best run of games lately.

Jimmy been our pick, M Moloney and Baird looking well up front with the front row.

Latest posts