• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I got the game and............

joydivision1979

Academy Player
Hey guys,

Very quick review here as only just got home with this......and unfortunately it is not very good.

The online downloadable content for the WC strips until tomoz probably coz the street date has been broken here in Australia.

Not having half the teams licensed especially the two best test sides in the world is a disapointment.

But the gameplay is what is most important and sadly its exactly like 08 maybe a little faster. I have only played two games on Hard and guess what the tactics do not change from easy to hard. You just keep spinning ball through the backs until you get a gap in centre field or on the wing. On hard level you will need to kick a lot more so makes it more of a challenge on Hard level.

Have not played multi player on hard level yet but would say that is where the fun is to be had if any?? You will need a few beers.

Although Australian IGN is not the greatest reviewer on the internet i dont think they are far of from their 5 / 10.

Disclaimer- I am what many would say a 'RC fan boy' that maybe true but I also own nearly every sports game on the market. Every year I update the games that come out Madden, fifa etc so i would say quite a sports video game addict. I can solemly say without one inkling of doubt that of all the sports games released last year and current that i own including MLB The Show 11, Madden 11, FIFA 11, 2KNBA11, 2KMLB11, NHL 11, and others that this game RWC 2011 is the worst of them by a long shot.

But dont take my word for it go and pay the balance of the pre order and check it for yourselves. I personally am thankful that EB has a full refund available if retured within 7 days. I will be returning on the seventh day and I will be paying the rest of my balance of my pre order of Sidhes Rugby Challenge.

HAHHAHAH You loss. I Thinks it's great. **** all the haters

You either know very little about video games,Rugby or both.

Either way seems your the only one hating things here I am merely saying that the game is below average I dont hate the game although I could only stomach 4 and a half games with 10 mins halfs before I had to turn it off.

What are HB thinking, luckily I still have my Rugby 08 at least you can recongise the players from that game. The graphics are 3/10 for a PS3 console. I am gonna get my refund from EB games as well. Hope that Rugby challeneg is a much better.

To wait 4 years and get a game which is arguably worse in some areas than its previous iteration, is quite hard to swallow.

The funny thing is, before this game was announced everyone were happy of 08 to be released with HD graphics. We just wanted a rugby game to play, now its here everyone always wants more.

You either know very little about video games,Rugby or both.
I know a lot about video games and a lot about rugby, and I like it

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Your kidding, Right?

Not kidding man. Only 14 stadia. 4 from NZ none of them official. Actually its quite funny nearly the only thing official is the RWC branding- other than that.....what do we have? A world cup mode with four stadiums. 48 games four stadiums.

Its pretty bad.

I don't understand why people are shocked at that when it was announced quite a while back :huh:

Not kidding man. Only 14 stadia. 4 from NZ none of them official. Actually its quite funny nearly the only thing official is the RWC branding- other than that.....what do we have? A world cup mode with four stadiums. 48 games four stadiums.

Its pretty bad.

wow, thats kind of dissapointing isnt it, im kinda gutted just want it to come out so i can see for myself, since RC aint comin out too soon imma get RWC for my bday nd buy RC myself

Thats the first time I have heard about only 4 NZ stadiums for the world cup. Thanks for the review, there seems to be a trend of mixed opinions. I wonder why they didn't secure more official licensed teams since RC doesn't have many?

Its pretty bad.

disgusting

Since when are Australia one of the best 2 test sides in the world?

Latest posts