• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I have VISTA!!!

G

getofmeland

Well today I got my Business Edition of Windows Vista OFFICIAL RELEASE!!!

And well its XP with added extras, from what I found it was very stable, I tried to break it, although not very hard as I had only just installed it, but it held up some of the heavy tasks that I have to undertake at work... Although I believe it is just a Nice Flash GUI which is selling it... No real massive changes, apart from no shutdown button, just a little shutdown drop down to get used to...

I also have an Enterprise copy of the official release of Office 2007, which I havent yet installed but will be doing over the next couple of days... Should be interested to see what the sharepoint stuff does...

Sorry just some small knowledge for you...

I was using RC1 for a while on one of our PC's and I really liked it. Aero and all that was great.

I'm going for the Ultimate OEM but not for a few months. I'll wait until the bugs start creeping out. :)

Well the Business Editions are the first to be released...

Also there is the option to upgrade to the other editions (at a cost) so it must mean that you get given everything on the disk and you just need to find a way to hack Vista to get the most of it, and I am sure it is only a matter of time...

Aero looks nice but could get annoying tho...

No but there is multiple versions, but the first versions to be released are being released to companies....

Just to clarify this to everyone this is the new version of Windows...

I know it is the new version of windows, but I was just confused when u say all those corporate words... I have seen a guy with a Vista BEtA.. but i dont trust Betas...

*shakes head* anyway...

its about time Microsoft put out a new one, should be pretty good. Sounds interesting getofmeland, so its basically flash-based is it?

not really flash based, but the GUI is what will sell it, I was quite shocked when I first saw the Beta and played with it... it was messy, and didnt really give you an idea of what the operating system is like, but now I have played with the full edition I will have to have a look at getting this installed on my laptop, I do like Aero, but the 3D flip is something that is gonna be handy also the live taskbar thumbs are bloody handy as well...

The other key thing is accessability, this is something lacked in previous versions of windows, but I think they have got this time round, making computers accessable to nearly everyone...

The sidebar is good and will get a lot more better, especially as your gonna be able to make your own gadgets for it...

Might interest you

SP1 within 6 months eh. Next thing will be Vista Ultimate Retail Edition with SP1 for £50 less
than it is now. I like my toys but hey lets have it right before we market it.

Personally I think I'll sit it out for a couple of years and wait for Blackcomb. With a start date of 2000 they might have it just about right by 2010 :rolleyes:

I think I will be holding off till I upgrade my main machine to vista, yeah it looks nice but its not enough to persuade me to move over...

I will probably test it, on a VMWare install and see what happens with it... other than that I dont expect it to be rolled out around my workplace until at least 2009.... which is something Microsoft wont like...

thats the way big corporations do things, we have only just upgraded to xp here about a year 1/2 ago. though we are the asia pacific bit of the company where the main company in the states dont really care about us.

i would probably buy vista, but not for a while. wait til games are totally vista dependable and that i get a directx 10 complient card, ist just 2 expensive at the moment

I heard today off a bloke in work (who knows quite a bit on computers) & he reckons that if you go for Vista, Microsoft can hack into anyone's computer to see whether you got anything illegal on your computer. They can do this without you knowing they are doing it & that they can also delete it if they want to.

I'm not sure whether if there is any truth in what he said, but I thought I let you guys know.

If this is true, alot of people won't get Vista. I don't think I have met many people who hasn't had or got anything dodgey on their computer.

well I believe it stops you from copying dvd's... and anyway how are microsoft gonna view what you got if you dont have a net connection on that machine ;)

well, i am going to wait, its 2 expensive to do it at the moment for me. I am going to wait for the bugs and for all the stuff that could get in the way to be patched and stuff.

I need to upgrade my ram, and i have heard that alot of people who dont have ECC ram are having problems with the BSOD because they have had a failure in one of the modules and Vista just dies if it is loaded into that module. This is because of the way that Vista uses a different bit of memory every time it is loaded.

Latest posts