• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I have...

B

Bullitt

... just recovered from cycling 10 miles on my excercise bike and feel awful.

Dicsuss.

Dicsuss.
[/b]

I am still recovering from draining, fishing all the frogs and plants and crap out, cleaning and refilling my pond.

Ponds should not resemble lawns. Discuss-ting

Dicsuss.
[/b]

I'm proud of you.
But that sounds hellish. 10 miles?
I cycle 4 miles a day 5 days a week and run 3 miles a day 3 times a week, so i try to do lots, but i split it up into smaller segments.
1x10 miles cycle?
One word for that, mate:

HARDCORE.

1x 10 mile cycle = 1 game of Rugby 06 on 10 minute halfs.

It made my shirt a bit sweaty. And hurt a lot considering how fat I am.

I'm proud of you.
But that sounds hellish. 10 miles?
I cycle 4 miles a day 5 days a week and run 3 miles a day 3 times a week, so i try to do lots, but i split it up into smaller segments.
1x10 miles cycle?
One word for that, mate:

HARDCORE.
[/b]

*has asthma attack!*

I smoke too much, and my knees are shot. One game of co-ed softball wrecks me for a week. More power to you.

i started playing touch footy a couple of years ago when i was still playing pretty high level rugby, and me and my mates thought we would dominate the comp. Then we got absolutely schooled by a team of 40 year olds first game and it was at that point i realised that touch footy is not for sissies.. need to be quite fit to play!

I smoke too much, and my knees are shot. One game of co-ed softball wrecks me for a week. More power to you. [/b]

Try swimming. With damaged knees it's great becasue it strengthens the muscles which in turns supports the joint (ligaments etc) and there's no impact in swimming. Plus it's the best activity you can do to keep you fit.

WIN WIN!

Not really.
Chubby shouldn't stop you from swimming at all. I see plenty of fat guys down at the pool swimming just fine.
And the excuse that you can't swim doesn't stick with me. Who says you have to go into the deep end. Hell, even just messing around the pool, passing a rugby ball around whilst in the sea, running through the water etc. All these exercises can be used in the same format as thousnads of people (incl. pro sportsmen/women) every year go to pools for rehabilitation sessions.

So "chubby" and "can't swim" don't sit with me.

Don't disregard the dangers of swimming - dislocated my shoulder in the pool before.

Sure, you may cite the fact that is was because my shoulder was knackered in the first place. Just don't write off the hidden injuries that can occur...

Don't disregard the dangers of swimming - dislocated my shoulder in the pool before.

Sure, you may cite the fact that is was because my shoulder was knackered in the first place. Just don't write off the hidden injuries that can occur... [/b]

You're supposed to check see if there's any water before you dive in, you tombstoning freak.

Seriously - how'd you dislocate?

Seriously - how'd you dislocate? [/b]

Shoulder was far worse than I thought. Wasn't even ******* about, just pushed out for one stroke and felt things tear and pop. Friends were all really sympathetic obviously.

Being in water is great for rehab, as long as you don't underestimate how unexpectedly hard your muscles have to work in order to move through it.

<div class='quotemain'>
Seriously - how'd you dislocate? [/b]

Shoulder was far worse than I thought. Wasn't even ******* about, just pushed out for one stroke and felt things tear and pop. Friends were all really sympathetic obviously.

Being in water is great for rehab, as long as you don't underestimate how unexpectedly hard your muscles have to work in order to move through it.

[/b][/quote]

I sense some sarcasm :lol:

Latest posts