• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I love this company, YYYYEEAAAHHH!

S

Steve-o

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wvsboPUjrGc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wvsboPUjrGc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What an idiot I feel like punching him in the face or kicking him in his man minge. Someone should of gave him a good Chabal to Ali jawbreaker.

I'm so happy I'm a Macboy, I would feel rarther shitty if I had bought Vista and then knowing that Microsoft pays this kind of person to release shitty Os :)

Haha yeah what a waste of money this dude would put me off if I saw him running around like this and spreading the word with sweat. I'm still on Xp and I never intend to upgrade to Vista or Win7 they both look suck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Oct 26 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm still on Xp and I never intend to upgrade to Vista or Win7 they both look suck.[/b]

Obviously coming from an uneducated person. Windows 7 is by far the best OS Microsoft has ever made. Sticking with Windows XP is just stupid, afterall it's 8 bloody years old! In computer terms that's a lifetime. Vista had it's flaws (although, unless you run a company it was still worth the upgrade if only for true 64bit support), but 7 has rectified all of them.

It's a quicker OS than XP, nicer to look at (very important imo, when if like me you spend the majority of your day looking at the thing!), security is on another level entirely with a properly implemented UAC, the new 'super bar' adds majour benefits, jump lists adds good functionality, propper 64bit support. Hell, it's better in every way, it even runs better on old hardware than XP does.

Yes Steve Balmer is a cock. But Microsoft still make the best OS available (yes it's better than OSX, and it's easier to use than Linux).

Sorry for the rant, just annoys me when people make these statements about a great piece of software, when they obviously haven't even tried it. I'm lucky, I've got a full Professional version for free through my MSDNAA account (student), but if I didn't, I'd buy it without hesitation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Oct 26 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Oct 26 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still on Xp and I never intend to upgrade to Vista or Win7 they both look suck.[/b]

Obviously coming from an uneducated person. Windows 7 is by far the best OS Microsoft has ever made. Sticking with Windows XP is just stupid, afterall it's 8 bloody years old! In computer terms that's a lifetime. Vista had it's flaws (although, unless you run a company it was still worth the upgrade if only for true 64bit support), but 7 has rectified all of them.

It's a quicker OS than XP, nicer to look at (very important imo, when if like me you spend the majority of your day looking at the thing!), security is on another level entirely with a properly implemented UAC, the new 'super bar' adds majour benefits, jump lists adds good functionality, propper 64bit support. Hell, it's better in every way, it even runs better on old hardware than XP does.

Yes Steve Balmer is a cock. But Microsoft still make the best OS available (yes it's better than OSX, and it's easier to use than Linux).

Sorry for the rant, just annoys me when people make these statements about a great piece of software, when they obviously haven't even tried it. I'm lucky, I've got a full Professional version for free through my MSDNAA account (student), but if I didn't, I'd buy it without hesitation.
[/b][/quote]

Obviously coming from a Microsoft fanboy. The way you talked about Vista made you loose instantly any credibility on the matter.
Windows 7 is probably expensive, heavy and full of bugs and ****, as usual.

Linux all the way...Free, easy to use if you are a total idiot, upgraded everyday...
Steve Ballmer and Steve Jobs can go f*** themselves as far as I'm concerned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Oct 26 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Oct 26 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Oct 26 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Obviously coming from a Microsoft fanboy. The way you talked about Vista made you loose instantly any credibility on the matter.

Linux all the way...Free, easy to use if you are a total idiot, upgraded everyday...
[/b][/quote]

Dear Dullonien,

I'm a computer engineer, I already checked 7 two months ago on my VM ware ( virtual machine) and at that stage it was just a better, cleaner upgrade of Vista, what it still is. And off course everybody has his/hers preferences. But After XP , MS couldn't convince me anymore. So I highly support OSX and Linux.
If you however are happy with 7, good on you.

Nope not a Microsoft fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. No matter what anybody tries to say, Vista was a decent OS, one that shouldn't have been released as it wasn't good enough when released (same as XP when released). But it did improve hugely, and ended up a half decent OS, compared to XP anyway. I don't think I talked about Vista in any manner atall, all I said was that it had propper 64bit support which is invaluable to myself (running 4GB RAM + a 1GB GPU!).

I will admit myself that I'm quite good with computers. I build my own sytems, fix any problems I have and for family and friends. However Linux is still a hard OS to master (yes I've tried it). I found it very difficult to find and install the necessary drivers (not finding one atall for my wireless module!). I'd love to be able to use Linux as it's an open source piece of software, but many of the programs I rely upon aren't available. The likes of AutoCAD just don't work, that means I'm not gonna bother spend time learning how to use an OS I won't be able to use every day. I know it's Autodesk's fault that their programs aren't compatible on Linux and OSX, but nothing I can really do to change it.

Again a comment made by yourself that's ill-informed. Windows 7 is expensive compared to Linux, but not atall compared to other Windows releases and OSX. It's not atall heavy, runs great on Netbooks and old hardware (as I already said), and has very few bugs (none that I've come across since using it from beta stage). It is a good OS, as a Linux fan I understand that you won't like it, as your getting a great free OS, but for the majority who know any understand Windows, it's the one to get.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 26 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dear Dullonien,

I'm a computer engineer, I already checked 7 two months ago on my VM ware ( virtual machine) and at that stage it was just a better, cleaner upgrade of Vista, what it still is. And off course everybody has his/hers preferences. But After XP , MS couldn't convince me anymore. So I highly support OSX and Linux.
If you however are happy with 7, good on you.[/b]

Yes that's probably about right. It's how Vista should have been. Everything wrong with Vista has been fixed and tweaked. They've obviously optimised the code as it now runs on low spec computers. It's snappier to use compared to XP (really noticed the difference when I was in work running XP). Microsoft deserved the critisim they got when Vista was released, but this time they've done an excellent job and that should be acknowlaged (as it is by the press and just about eveyone I know who's tried it).

I'm probably a bit harsh on OSX. But I just dislike Apple and their buisness plan. I've bought one thing of theirs, an iPod for the g/f. Decent piece of kit, but they screwed us over. We bought a hi-fi with a USB port so my g/f could rip her CD's direcly to her iPod, but of course it didn't work, as they lock their iPods down to only work with iTunes.

True, and don't get me wrong I tried Vista at home and will most likely buy 7 for my dad as he sticks to MS (because he knows it) but for me it doesn’t create any added value as all the SW I use is also available on MAC or has a MAC look-alike.

As a computer boy you will agree with me that this discussion is endless and that if you like one particular OS you should stick with it.

The weakness of any MS OS is the fact that whenever you buy a pc you receive a version of Vista/ 7 with it. And that’s where it most of the times goes wrong.

In Belgium there’s an offer from Dell going on: A Dell laptop with Vista/ 7 for â'¬ 399. If you know that in Belgium a Vista/7 home edition costs around â'¬ 150. You know that your laptop only costs â'¬ 250. If you invest in cheap Hardware then the chance of getting issues with it is much bigger as when you buy a computer that is designed for the actual OS and support it for 100%.

You, as a young, intelligent guy, you’re lucky that you know something about SW/HW but many people don’t even youngsters from you’re age. Actually our age (I’m only 25). You have the luxury to go to a shop and to assemble.

People around me they go to a shop, buy a computer and notice that 50% of their HW/ SW doesn’t work because the OS doesn’t support it.

Here I will stop my part of the discussion.
I do hope you can agree with me that Steve Balmer acts like a huge prick ;-)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 26 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just rip the cd's via Itunes and drag them into your Ipod :)[/b]

Not really the point. I should have realised my hi-fi wouldn't work with the iPod, but didn't really think. We spent much more than we would have to get a useless feature. I just hate the way Apple forces you to use their software. iTunes is a decent piece of software (if we exclide the iTunes store), but my g/f wanted to do it without using a pc. I did hear that Apple were being forced to change their stance on this, so other music players were able to communicate with the iPod, but haven't heard much since.

Yes, Apple Macs just work. But then again so they should. OSX only has to support a handfull of different hardware configurations, compared to the thousands that Windows and Linux have to. If they didn't make a stable OS, things would be seriously wrong. Hasn't there been a recent problem with their new OSX release, deleting peoples files if logged on as guest? I would personally never buy an Apple computer, as their over priced. They may look good (especially their laptops), but I can't justify paying almost double the money for a similar low spec machine!

Oh and manufacturers get a huge discount on Windows. so they probably only paid ~ 50 euros for Windows 7, not the 150 consumers are asked to pay.

Yeah, but have you already saw there new 27 inch Imac with the possibility to upgrade the Ram up to 16 GB for only â'¬1450 ( without student discount)
Their prices are high, OSX isn't perfect but Apple tries to fix the bugs with their updates and tries to deliver goodlooking and decent computers.

This dude has been crazy since Adam and Ever road dinosaurs...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGvHNNOLnCk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGvHNNOLnCk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 26 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, but have you already saw there new 27 inch Imac with the possibility to upgrade the Ram up to 16 GB for only â'¬1450 ( without student discount)
Their prices are high, OSX isn't perfect but Apple tries to fix the bugs with their updates and tries to deliver goodlooking and decent computers.[/b]
That still isn't a reasonable price. A comparible PC system wouldn't cost more than £1000. In fact I recently built a system for my brother, that included a 26" monitor (an NEC Mutisync one = much better quality than what Apple offers) for £1400. This was using faster tech than Apple even offered at the time on their £3000+ Mac Pro's, and as said included a very expensive (£700) monitor that my brother required (needs the colour accuracy). This system would wipe the floor with that iMac, although doesn't compare with the all in one solution.

It's the sleek styling that makes the difference with Macs. In that respect, I can understand to an extent why people would buy an iMac or an iBook/Power Book. The one I can't understand is the Mac Pro, which although looks nice, very rarely keeps up with moder tech. They're currently selling a Mac Pro for £1900, and it only has 3GB RAM and a Geforce GT120! That's without a screen, keyboard etc. A Similar pc, with a nice aluminium case would cost £500-£600!

Their upgrade options are also ludricously expensive. They're charging £240 to add a 1TB hard drive. I just picked up two for £55 each!

Macs serve a purpose. They are the stylish options for the rich and/or vein. Also in some cases, like the iMac, there really is no competiton. You cannot get a pc like it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Oct 26 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Obviously coming from a Microsoft fanboy. The way you talked about Vista made you loose instantly any credibility on the matter.[/b]

:lol:
You talk about losing credibility. I find it funny after the whole "Beatles are the most overrated band in the world" incident.
A little off topic, but i had to bring that back. LOL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Oct 27 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Oct 26 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Way to stick it to the man Frenchie.

True story, Linux Users actually believe that using Linux and putting down Windows at every opportunity add's 2 inches to their dick size.

Latest posts