• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I Need Some Recruitment Advice..

bethanator

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Ireland
Having issues with my former team captain, I've since left that squad and with a few other girls have decided to start our own WRFC. However, as it is, we only have enough for a 7s team and we'd much rather play 15s. I was just wondering if any of you had any advice on how to recruit people for a team. Thanks in advance!

Having issues with my former team captain, I've since left that squad and with a few other girls have decided to start our own WRFC. However, as it is, we only have enough for a 7s team and we'd much rather play 15s. I was just wondering if any of you had any advice on how to recruit people for a team. Thanks in advance!

One of the easiest ways to get people involved in projects from my experience - is through targeting Universities. I'd imagine women's rugby is probably small enough in Kentucky that there would be several universities without a women's team. Often universities have infrastructure in place to support niche sports, while its often relatively easy to sell teams sports to uni students - promoting the social side of the sport...

Also - most Universities allow people to play who don't go to that university providing there is a strong student body taking part. If any of your team go to uni - that would probably be a good place to start, and may even help in terms of funding.

One of the easiest ways to get people involved in projects from my experience - is through targeting Universities. I'd imagine women's rugby is probably small enough in Kentucky that there would be several universities without a women's team. Often universities have infrastructure in place to support niche sports, while its often relatively easy to sell teams sports to uni students - promoting the social side of the sport...

Also - most Universities allow people to play who don't go to that university providing there is a strong student body taking part. If any of your team go to uni - that would probably be a good place to start, and may even help in terms of funding.

Yeah there's only 3 universities in the entire state for women's teams. And not a single WRFC. But thanks! The pitch we would be using is close to a university, I didn't even think about asking the students about it!

Latest posts