• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I quit playing for awhile

Originally posted by Confused@Aug 23 2005, 03:38 PM
Maybe it is because I am not a huge rugby fan. For the USA, I think I'm a pretty big fan. I stay up until 0400 to watch SUper 12 matches, I play rugby, and I really like the sport. However, if it is on at the same time as Gridiron or NASCAR, I am not watching it.

The game is OK. There are NSCAR games and Gridiron games that I don't necessarily like very much either. Rugby 2005 has limited continued playability. There are just not enough options.

A career mode would do wonders. If you could play SUper 12 year after year and keep on building your team by signing players or getting new guys it would be more fun for longer. WL is the closest thing, but it gets boring as soon as you have all the best players.
I don't think it has anything to do with how "big" of a fan you are or aren't. As long as you have an appreciation for the game, you can like the video game. I am not a big baseball fan and I am an occasional golfer, but EA Baseball and Golf (Tiger Woods) are great games and I can play again and again without having to make huge modifications to make the game playable. I never actually quit playing Tiger Woods 2004, I just got into a couple of shooters for awhile and then the next NCAA came out and on and on. I still play it sometimes.

The reason the Rugby game is average at best is because it is not designed for prolonged 1 person playability. It is a very average game. Maybe the best rugby game out there, but not a great game. Most of the nuances of rugby are not well captured IMO. If you are an absolute rugby fanatic, you have to make it work for you. I don't want to spend the effort just to make a game playable. A good game should come out of the box that way.

Originally posted by USArugger+Aug 24 2005, 10:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (USArugger @ Aug 24 2005, 10:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Confused
@Aug 23 2005, 03:38 PM
Maybe it is because I am not a huge rugby fan.  For the USA, I think I'm a pretty big fan.  I stay up until 0400 to watch SUper 12 matches, I play rugby, and I really like the sport.  However, if it is on at the same time as Gridiron or NASCAR, I am not watching it.

The game is OK.  There are NSCAR games and Gridiron games that I don't necessarily like very much either.  Rugby 2005 has limited continued playability.  There are just not enough options.

A career mode would do wonders.  If you could play SUper 12 year after year and keep on building your team by signing players or getting new guys it would be more fun for longer.  WL is the closest thing, but it gets boring as soon as you have all the best players.
I don't think it has anything to do with how "big" of a fan you are or aren't. As long as you have an appreciation for the game, you can like the video game. I am not a big baseball fan and I am an occasional golfer, but EA Baseball and Golf (Tiger Woods) are great games and I can play again and again without having to make huge modifications to make the game playable. I never actually quit playing Tiger Woods 2004, I just got into a couple of shooters for awhile and then the next NCAA came out and on and on. I still play it sometimes.

The reason the Rugby game is average at best is because it is not designed for prolonged 1 person playability. It is a very average game. Maybe the best rugby game out there, but not a great game. Most of the nuances of rugby are not well captured IMO. If you are an absolute rugby fanatic, you have to make it work for you. I don't want to spend the effort just to make a game playable. A good game should come out of the box that way. [/b]
<

Dude, are you bypassing my thirty minute post about how to update the game easily and quickly, not commenting on the ideas in it, and then still saying it 'shouldn't' this and that?

Come on dude! Where is the up and get em attitude of having a good game.

I have something to say, that is a fact, and you and caps need to hear it I'm afraid as I can see you are not listening to me.

I play nearly ALL my games 1 player...the game is good - if the teams are updated.

You say the game isn't....but you both admit to not having done this. so guess what? Neither of you even know!! You are commenting on a state of play you have NOT EVEN experienced.

I implore you to see for yourself first and just trust a person who loves all sports gaming (horce racing, b-ball, league, american football/maddens etc, pes2 and 4, brian lara cricket etc etc)....

I have all those games, but still play and enjoy the rugby now.

This is cos I have enhanced the game.

Put it his way....

when you buy a tv, do you go:

"Oh this tv is ****, it is 60 inches sure, but it has bad sound and no dvd attached"?

NO..

You go and add a surround sound system and you buy better cables and you blah blah blah"

You don't sit in yoru lounge spending your time moping around and whinging that the tv didn't come with it all in the first place.

Please let this analogy alert you to what I am trying to say.

I mean, you could be missing out.....it is not going to make the game worse..and you might be surprised what some of those players can do.

Pleasantly at first.....and then unpleasantly.

<
<

But the thing is, you don't expect to get a DVD player with your TV. You expect to get a good game when you buy a Rugby game.
Rugby 2005 is not a good game. Actually no, it is a good game if you play it one game at a time, once every week or so. Otherwise it is incredibly easy, and just plain tedious. Rugby 2005 pales in comparison to the likes of Madden, Pro Evo, Fifa, Top Spin, probably the other EAsports franchises (NHL, NBAetc), ESPN games etc.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 24 2005, 04:45 PM
But the thing is, you don't expect to get a DVD player with your TV. You expect to get a good game when you buy a Rugby game.
Rugby 2005 is not a good game. Actually no, it is a good game if you play it one game at a time, once every week or so. Otherwise it is incredibly easy, and just plain tedious. Rugby 2005 pales in comparison to the likes of Madden, Pro Evo, Fifa, Top Spin, probably the other EAsports franchises (NHL, NBAetc), ESPN games etc.
exactly...

Unless...............

.....you play multiplayer with no dive tackles. Absolutely fantastic! Still discovering new strategies every week!

Yeah, but multiplayer without online really isn't much of an option for me. I have no mates.........that are interested in rugby video games.

yeah same here I am limited to the single player unless there is online play which I think would have extended the life of rugby 2005 for lots of people.

Latest posts