• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I should have played Rugby

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 20 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Twat. Nuff said.[/b]
Nah, read it again: a great sportsman recognising the greatness in rugby. The Will To Win.

Keano would have taken a kicking every week, but he would have given it back with interest. Only soccer player who deserves respect.

Let me clear up my stance here (I'm getting quite a lot of heat about this on another board): I honestly thought he was a good Soccerer - As a player definately from a better mould then the Ronaldo/Gerrard/Drogba fall-on-the-floor variety.

However, behavior such as this always made me think he needs bringing down a peg or two. As a rugby player, he's be in the same disliked category as Shalk Burger.

Link!

I actually agree with you Mite, if every Irish soccer player had Keane's attitude to the sport we would be a lot better off. The Ultimate pro, the ultimate competitior, but not the ultimate sprtsman.

I do respect him,hate him and like him all at the same time though

Being a twat never stopped anyone being a great sportsman. Keane is in the same mould as Dallaglio - it's very easy to sit back and call then names, but they're characters who absolutely maximised their potential in every way possible.

Also, Keane fits in with a very small group of very macho footballers. In every other sense, I hate people being macho. However in football, it produces players who won't dive and act, because it's gay. This is the only type of footballer I like.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 20 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Let me clear up my stance here (I'm getting quite a lot of heat about this on another board): I honestly thought he was a good Soccerer - As a player definately from a better mould then the Ronaldo/Gerrard/Drogba fall-on-the-floor variety.

However, behavior such as this always made me think he needs bringing down a peg or two. As a rugby player, he's be in the same disliked category as Shalk Burger.[/b]
I know, I know. He did his time, and no whinging about it.

His respect for rugby sits perfectly with the Saipan walkout. That controversy split Ireland down the middle - happily, the corrupt plamas doubter ****-f***s are now bankrupt. Woot!

(attempt to unite my fury against injustice with rugby and economics and character and life)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Latest posts