I should have played Rugby

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Bullitt, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. RC

RC Guest

Twat. Nuff said.

4. shtove

shtove Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 20 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Nah, read it again: a great sportsman recognising the greatness in rugby. The Will To Win.

Keano would have taken a kicking every week, but he would have given it back with interest. Only soccer player who deserves respect.

5. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

And Vinny Jones, because he just wasn't a footballer at all.

6. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Let me clear up my stance here (I'm getting quite a lot of heat about this on another board): I honestly thought he was a good Soccerer - As a player definately from a better mould then the Ronaldo/Gerrard/Drogba fall-on-the-floor variety.

However, behavior such as this always made me think he needs bringing down a peg or two. As a rugby player, he's be in the same disliked category as Shalk Burger.

7. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Link!

I actually agree with you Mite, if every Irish soccer player had Keane's attitude to the sport we would be a lot better off. The Ultimate pro, the ultimate competitior, but not the ultimate sprtsman.

I do respect him,hate him and like him all at the same time though

8. RC

RC Guest

I stand by what i said...

9. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

Being a twat never stopped anyone being a great sportsman. Keane is in the same mould as Dallaglio - it's very easy to sit back and call then names, but they're characters who absolutely maximised their potential in every way possible.

Also, Keane fits in with a very small group of very macho footballers. In every other sense, I hate people being macho. However in football, it produces players who won't dive and act, because it's gay. This is the only type of footballer I like.

10. shtove

shtove Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 20 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I know, I know. He did his time, and no whinging about it.

His respect for rugby sits perfectly with the Saipan walkout. That controversy split Ireland down the middle - happily, the corrupt plamas doubter ****-f***s are now bankrupt. Woot!

(attempt to unite my fury against injustice with rugby and economics and character and life)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!