• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ideas for sidhe,people plz come help

pit

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Sharks
I know its been said for years now,and a lot of ideas have been given ect ect,but I'm just gonna give you guys the ideas that I've got

First let me start at career/season what ever you want to call it:
Okay so as you start the world cup has just ended and the club you choose that country did badly at the wc, the team you choose will announce you as the new head coach

So let's say you pick the sharks,so obviously the wc has just finished and you start the new year maybe bringing in some new youngsters and maybe seeing a few of them as the stars of the next wc,or just training your current players trying to make them better

So you start the season finally at the superugby comp as you are the sharks,if you do well enough maybe getting assistant coach at the home sh tours against nh teams before the tri nations/4 nations with argentina,assistant coach maybe has limited power in picking a few players or let's say the bench

So after that you return to your club for the currie cup,then if you do well again have the option touring with your country for nh tour and maybe grand slam,with the next season resulting in a head coaching role at your country

While in the off season again you can train and buy a few players for you club
till you get to the next wc and getting the respect back

That was just a southern hemisphere example

Also with other teams you can play in:
Itm cup
Heineken cup
Amlin challenge
Rabodirect pro 12
Top 14
Pro d2
Rfu championship
British-irish/lv cup
Aviva
Sevens series

Also comp for teams like usa,canada,fiji,tonga,samoa and japan,maybe puting them all together

And maybe every 2 or 3 years a world club championship and nh vs sh best players put in a team and playing for a cup

Also the british and irish lions who will tour depending what team you choose

With the end of each season the irb awards to top it all of
Aswell you can be asked to join a struggling club later in your career coz of you repution,so if you want you can move teams

That's just few ideas with career
Also maybe include a be a pro with the same consept maybe start out as a sevens playeer want work your way up to being the star at the next wc

Most gamers love stats so if you play competions just let the user check out the comp stats and the players stats ect
Maybe showing who won the most irb awards each year

I know its all hard to do,I'm just giving ideas for a good rugby game

Also a selection of commentry depending witch country you play in
Maybe something like a build up if its a big game or a final with analysis ect

Anybody that wanna put more ideas,please do,maybe we can help them creating the ultimate game oneday...:)art the world cup has just ended and the club you choose that country did badly at the wc, the team you choose will announce you as the new head coach

So let's say you pick the sharks,so obviously the wc has just finished and you start the new year maybe bringing in some new youngsters and maybe seeing a few of them as the stars of the next wc,or just training your current players trying to make them better

So you start the season finally at the superugby comp as you are the sharks,if you do well enough maybe getting assistant coach at the home sh tours against nh teams before the tri nations/4 nations with argentina,assistant coach maybe has limited power in picking a few players or let's say the bench

So after that you return to your club for the currie cup,then if you do well again have the option touring with your country for nh tour and maybe grand slam,with the next season resulting in a head coaching role at your country

While in the off season again you can train and buy a few players for you club
till you get to the next wc and getting the respect back

That was just a southern hemisphere example

Also with other teams you can play in:
Itm cup
Heineken cup
Amlin challenge
Rabodirect pro 12
Top 14
Pro d2
Rfu championship
British-irish/lv cup
Aviva
Sevens series

Also comp for teams like usa,canada,fiji,tonga,samoa and japan,maybe puting them all together

And maybe every 2 or 3 years a world club championship and nh vs sh best players put in a team and playing for a cup

Also the british and irish lions who will tour depending what team you choose

With the end of each season the irb awards to top it all of
Aswell you can be asked to join a struggling club later in your career coz of you repution,so if you want you can move teams

That's just few ideas with career
Also maybe include a be a pro with the same consept maybe start out as a sevens playeer want work your way up to being the star at the next wc

Most gamers love stats so if you play competions just let the user check out the comp stats and the players stats ect
Maybe showing who won the most irb awards each year

I know its all hard to do,I'm just giving ideas for a good rugby game

Also a selection of commentry depending witch country you play in
Maybe something like a build up if its a big game or a final with analysis ect

Anybody that wanna put more ideas,please do,maybe we can help them creating the ultimate game oneday...:)

they implemented a great Franchise mode in Wugby Weague Wii so I don't know why they couldn't implement the same structure in RC,..

I really, really dont.

I haven't played it before,can u tel me how it works?would be good tips maybe for the next game

It's a pretty basic system but its effective and becomes more entertaining than the actual game [IMO]. But it's miles ahead of RC.

You start off with your squad and it shows which players are coming off contract, who is still on for 2, 3, 4 more years etc.
You can sign any player who shows they are only on contract for one more year considering they accept your offer. [You have to make them an offer and depending on the calibre of player determines how much you are willing to throw out on him] An acceptable offer is recommended and you just work around how much you think you should go for. There are also players who are not on contract who you can sign as well.
You also have the ability to train your squad because you work the franchise mode on a day by day basis up until gameday. You have to manage injuries and all that type of jazz, there is a good stats database to see who is the competitions top try scorer, tackler, etc and it just gives the game a length of longevity

Sounds great and its almost the ideas that I gave!!!!hope there are others who agree with me

they implemented a great Franchise mode in Wugby Weague Wii so I don't know why they couldn't implement the same structure in RC,..

I really, really dont.

Time and resource constraints prevented us from reproducing a similar mode to Rugby League 3's this time around.

That could've been the answer to the thread I made on the Sidhe forums..

Better strategic gameplay.

Better tackle/dive animations during scoring

Better/realistic backline formations after a ruck is set.

Better Scrums. Relevance of Props in the game?

Better Lineouts.

Better goal kicking implementation.

Backline moves.

Quick throw-ins from lineouts.

Better commentary.

Less Glitches on Startup.

I would give up all the bells and whistles for having some depth to the actual gameplay.

You say beter at most stuf:)can you maybe explain what you wanna change?that will maybe help with ideas or tips

Okay - i'll try. (it's going to be a TL:DR but up to you)

Better strategic gameplay.
The game doesn't seem to promote different strategies to play opposition - it seems like a ball is always in play type of game. Which I guess is a SH type of game, but sometimes it's nice to slow things down play tactically for position or play forceback etc.

Better tackle/dive animations during scoring
- Get into the in-Goal area, about to put the ball down - it seems to start the animation to put the ball down single handedly, opposition comes along attempts to tackle - my player breaks through the tackle, then attempts the same thing another opposition player comes along breaks tackle - i've missed a try because i've broken a tackle after the deadball line.
It's also a RWC2011 thing as well.
- Get less than a few metres from tryline, attempt to dive - kick the ball.
Maybe simplify the animations for try scoring. Just watch an actual game of Rugby - there is a world cup on at the moment, the most used scoring animation where a player single handedly plants the ball isn't the norm.

Better/realistic backline formations after a ruck is set.
Player gets tackled, ruck forms, player at half back position is loose forward - pass to blindside as it looks open - passes to hooker - it's a two on one overlap - draw and pass - player on the wing is the first five.
Player gets tackled, ruck forms, in 22 trying to get out of trouble, player at half back position is hooker, looking to pass to the openside looking for kick to clear - passes to prop who's running at first five.
Rugby formations aren't set in stone, and I'm not too sure how they would do it but have the first receiver be the first five or second five

Better Scrums. Relevance of Props in the game?
Winning Scrums is a result of hand & thumb & eye coordination, can theoretically have anyone in the front row. In Rugby 08 - if you had a prop out of position, your scrum was inferior.
Maybe the implementation of some other mini game and given the props the more of an advantage you have within that game.

Theoretically - if it's possible within RC - you could have backs running in position of props so the above issue about backline formations could be resolved - but then it would be Rugby League. I've just thought about this as i've written it - i'm gonna try this.

Better Lineouts.
Nice pod movement but irrelevant, the opposition (whether CPU or Friend) just needs simple guess work to figure out the lineouts. The Rugby 08 game lineout option on "realistic" (i think) had you pick the jumpers but you also threw in using your thumbstick - it was difficult to start out with but once you had it down pat was harder for your opponent to figure out your pick and also time your jump.

Better goal kicking implementation.
It's a time and hand eye mini game, something similar to the madden games with strength of kick as well as direction would have been nice.

Backline moves.
Self Explanatory.

Quick throw-ins from lineouts.
Self Explanatory

Better commentary.
I prefer RWC 2011 commentary. I've got a kiwi accent and even I wince at Justin Marshall & Grant Nisbett. Also RWC 2011 commentary for SH was pretty terrible.

Less Glitches on Startup.
I've got error messages up the Wazoo on my xbox360 - i've already lost my initial RC points 3 or 4 times over. There's an error message that stops the Audio from playing, so I have to reset the xbox to get it working. Which I don't mind. (See above problem)

I would give up all the bells and whistles for having some depth to the actual gameplay.
I would rather have 2 teams but the greatest gameplay in the world, then have a thousand teams and OK gameplay.

I agree with u,if u think where the most penalties are given away u think of scrum time and the brakedown,so why not attempt to create a better format there like a ireland scrum or a brussow steal,with nice animations there,but anyway I like the ideas you people are giving,if game creators take these into consideration oneday,they gonna be rich,beating fifa and madden:)

I agree with your commentry statement,that's why I said it should depend on what country your playing a match

Latest posts