• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

If its anything like Rugby League Live -_-

Artyst

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
If its anything like rugby league live, im not getting it, I know this is quite harsh but I played on rugby league live and the graphics look like ps1 graphics, It is so so so bad! Pleasd HB studios don't go down the easy track, Graphics and fulidity is what will make this game! :)

Agree with you there...the gameplay already has a solid foundation, but the graphics need to improve a lot for 360 and ps3. Not saying that gameplay must not be a focus...it also needs a lot of improvement in animations and physical aspects (interaction between tackler and ball carrier) of the game for it to become a true simulation of rugby.

This is my customer review from amazon;
Sadly a very poor effort here.

I'd been wanting a new rugby game for ages and usually I stick to the Union games. I thought I'd try something new with this and was not only dissapointed but a little bit shocked too.

The graphics are poor, nothing better than a Playstation 2 game. It definately looked like something from the last generation of consoles. I could understand a sacrifice in looks had it meant more focus was put on gameplay. Unfortunately, thats not the case. This plays worse than any other rugby game I've ever played.

When running with the ball and attempting a a pass the receiver always stops to make the catch then starts running again. This is the fundamental flaw in the game. It doesn't run smoothly at all.

Its not just the running, catching which lets it down. Other basic actions such as passing can go flakey at times. Passing has a late response and often when you first intend to pass and hit the button it takes a few seconds to execute the move. By this time an opposing player has come in and taken an interception. This really tested my patience.

The difficulty settings and AI are just mesmerising. The 'Easy' setting is like playing aginst ivnvisible opponents who are sluggish and constantly make errors. In contrast the medium setting is so difficult and really all that happens is the game gives you errors which are not your fault, the opposition are quicker and the re-set of the tackle by the opposition is so quick it makes you wonder why as a human player you can't do the same...

One unforgiveable howler they've made is having no tutorial or training function. This game was a fantastic opportunity to gain a strong foothold in the rugby gaming race. With such little competition you'd think they'd grab the chance to get something half decent out there. It seems like Big Ant/Tru-Blu are actively trying to distance themselves from people who might want to get into Rugby League. the instruction manual is very basic while giving very little assistance.

I'm in no way lying when the gaming engine in Jonah Lomu Rugby on the ps1 is better than this. Not only did I dislike the game I found it astounding as to how it could have been released on this generation of consoles. The people who did the QA testing should be ashamed of themselves as should the two companies involved. They should really be worried about the negative effect this will have on the any future attempts.

There is a player/team editor but is very limited. There is no trade player function and created players can only join created teams. The competition editor can give it slightly more mileage if you can get through the frustration of the gameplay.

In looking for positives it does have online play. Human VS. Human might be slightly better but taking into consideration the already shuddering, jaunty gameplay added with bandwitdth/lag problems of online play it just seems like a recipe for disaster.

I will say, they have secured the trademark's, copywrights and all players and teams. If you're into stats this is the only positive point. I do fear that in securing the franchise rights the cost has been taken from developing gameplay which is just essential. Genrally, an all round failure of epic proportions.

This is a realy body blow to fans of rugby league, fans of gaming and Rugby League itself. A perfect opportunity to raise the profile of the game and maximise profits with HB Studios not realeasing a Rugby Union game until 2011.

I'm genuinely shocked this was released into the public domain. The companies behind this should really be ashamed of this dismal effort.

My advice would be to stay clear and keep on playing Rugby 08. Rugby 2012 will hit summer next year.

same. i got rugby league live for xmas and the graphics are better on the ps2 rugby league game

If it's anything like RLL I'll be worried. League is a different sport.

well i remember up to the release of RLL, that posters on the forum commented saying that their "sources" (Q and A testers for the games) gave negative feedback in regards to Q and A sessions (remember one comment being that they thought it was an "xbox arcade/PSN game").
TBH i think the game is enjoyable, it has lots and lots of flaws but in our current generation of gaming its very unacceptable. I hope that They get a chance to expand on their "foundation" tho, cause their are aspects which work well and with a bit more effort could turn out to be a very good game.
anyways lets look forward to the next few months of teasers from both HB and SIDHE regarding their games :D :D

I have to agree as Rugby LL was just utterly awful. I mean I waited 3 years for what seemed to be a decent rugby game and then it's that bad. Lets just hope HB studios show the how to make a game. Rugby League is pretty crap anyway. People saying the game doesn't flow, neither does Rugby League. Start, tackle, stop. Start, tackle, stop......

FacePalm.jpg

I spent $80 for this game, shame on me for buying it in the first place. Luckily I traded it for the new Codemasters cricket game.

Why are you all posting in the Rugby 2012 forums about Rugby League? I thought there was another forum for that. If it was anything like Rugby League it would be called Rugby League 2012 I'm sure.

And if people are only saying Rugby League Live to have a hit at Sidhe (competitors for this game) then remain assured that Sidhe didnt actually make RLL, that was an australian developer...

Latest posts