• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

If the tri nations was played tomorrow....

I

Incredible Schalk

Who do you think would win? Could the All Blacks pick up from where they were before the world cup? as they still have alot of those players there. Could the Boks beat their arch rivals consistently? or could Deans change the Wallabies fortunes and guide them to their first ***le since 2002?

Edit- could one of the mods please create a poll as ive made a total mess of this :lol:

You know, I can only bet on the All Blacks. :cheers:

But lo! in 6 hours time we'll get to know which Super franchises are hotter. I clearly expect all NZ franchises to win except the Chiefs.

So I think I'll change my mind :wacko: and say: The All Blacks to win :lol:

With the new rules in place I think the All Blacks may struggle this year as the game is alot faster, and with the new kicking for touch rule the All Blacks won't be able to dominate in the forwards as much as they used to, so I believe the Wallabies will win this year.

I'm still not over the RWC 07 I have to say I'd give it to SAF because right now they're playing a way better brand of rugby than New Zealand.

Well looking at the performances of the super 14 sides so far you would have to say New Zealand comfortably, South Africa have quite a few top players injured and abroad. Same story with the Wallabies but their weak scrum wouldnt be exposed as much if they used the ELVS in the tri nations.

Don't be surprised if the Boks decide to scrum, instead of a quick tap, against the Wallabies. Attacking their weakness by scrumming them into the ground.

Atleast that's what Jake White would do

I think the Boks would probably win but the Kiwi's wouldn't be far behind. I'm looking forward to seeing the Wallabies play this year. With Deans coaching and a number of new faces in the team I think we will see a bit of improvement. 2009 will more likely be our year (I hope).

Come on....havent you laerned anything from history.

Years between RWC is ALWAYS the All Blacks year.

Come on....havent you laerned anything from history.

Years between RWC is ALWAYS the All Blacks year.

[/b]

haha fair play :bravo:

i'm hoping robbie deans can turn the wallabies back into what they were in the late 90's and early '00 :D

I'm hoping Robbie Deans can too, and I'm sure he will to a certain extent but I think it'll be quite a few years yet until we return to that kind of glory.

As much as I hate to say it, it doesn't matter how much training and whatever else our front row gets, the current generation will quite simply not be rugged and tough enough. Look at England, NZ, SA, Argentina and France. They're all tough, scary buggers in the front row! They are mountain men who don't take any ****. Quite simply, we can't match that.

Latest posts