• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

if wayne pivac gets sacked in 2021 since hes not done well so far who should be the next wales coach

Options for the next wales coach

• Paul Gustard

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Dean Richards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • john mckee

• John Mulvihill

• dai young

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Robbie Deans

• todd blackadder

• pat lam

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • mark jones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ruck987

Academy Player
if wayne pivac gets sacked in 2021 since hes not done well so far who should be the next wales coach

I've gone for Dai Young, but his stock has dropped based on the end of his Wasps tenure

Brutal ... you'd think he might get a bit more time, but TBH, I don't see results massively improving in the short term.

I'd fancy Wales to beat Scotland and pick up some wins in the Autumn Nations Cup which could give them a boost going in to the 6N.

IF Pivac's tenure is cut short, what about Scott Robertson? He's not on the list, but it could be a good platform for him to succeed Foster?

Gone Dai Young but hope it's Blackadder.

Gustard isn't ready
Richards isn't a coach he's a manager
McKee is a interesting outside bet, honestly I think he was brilliant with Fiji
Mulvihill errrrrr needs to prove himself more at Cardiff
Dai Young IMO would do a great job, more forwards centric which IMO wales need to be.
Robbie Deans don't ever see him leaving Japan
Todd Blackadder Wales would never win anything.
Pat Lam personally his style of play at international level wouldn't work in a competition like the 6n's and AI's.
Mark Jones one for the future but like 4 years down the line not 1 year.

Scott Johnson or Mike Ford. You could have both, put them in the middle of the pitch and whoever stabbed the other in the back first gets the job.

Just gonna say (and repeat myself for the 100th time) IMO wales really need to scrap the must play in wales rule if they don't have x amount of caps.
Because it really doesn't help wales, and IMO not many welsh players who have come through elsewhere have become that successful playing in wales.

Like what is Wales going to do when Louis Rees-Zammit contract is up? especially if his form is still just as good as it is now?
regions need to invest more in it's coaching setups before trying to lure the talent IMO.

You only have 4 franchises yet in charge of them you have
Delany
Ryan
Mulvihill
Booth

I just don't get it the WRU wants to have all welsh players in Wales as a direct pathway to the international team (Which I understand) but has in charge of those 4 teams, 2 English coaches who are known for losing finals and semi finals they should've won, a person who hasn't been a head coach in 15 years and spent the bulk of the time in between coaching middleish top league teams in Japan and a guy who's most well known for being involved with London Irish.

But what about if the person after Wayne Pivac gets sacked? After Wales fail to get a grand slam and beat the All Blacks whilst down to 12 men?

I think they should just ask AWJ to take over once he retires...

He won't do a worse job, and when he's in charge, you'll know the discipline will remain in the team...

I think they should just ask AWJ to take over once he retires...

He won't do a worse job, and when he's in charge, you'll know the discipline will remain in the team...
He's a very grumpy and irascible person apparently.

He would probably just **** off the players

Whoever replaces him would make little difference. Gatland overachieved and deserves great credit, he also had his fair share of luck he ruled the roost and that's difficult emulate without the wins behind you. International rugby was the goose that laid the only eggs. If you look a the results of the under 20s in the WC they average 6th place over the last decade and the regions continue to be weak. The academies are poorly run when compared to the likes of Exeter. The pigeons have come home to roost, its not Pivacs fault, the International team was always going to eventually reflect the strength of the structure, i doubt they can afford to sac him anyway :)

With the Italy game to come, Pivac should have a minimum of 3 wins this tournament. Will that be enough to save his job? I'm inclined to think so. How do Welsh posters feel about him continuing now?

With the Italy game to come, Pivac should have a minimum of 3 wins this tournament. Will that be enough to save his job? I'm inclined to think so. How do Welsh posters feel about him continuing now?

He should continue. The tipping point for himself and his relationship within the squad was for me the early substitution of Biggar and Davies, their body language said a great deal. If he'd lost the game I think he may have decreased his support from his own players, everyone likes a fall guy, be it the players or the organization. As it turned out he came up trumps. He's been lucky, but i think he deserves some luck.

At the start of the tournament I was convinced he'd be gone at the end of the 6N but even assuming we lose to England and France I'd imagine he'll keep his job which is fine but I must admit I think Scott Robertson is a special coach and whoever gets him will be lucky to have him.

Wales did look a bit better in the Scotland game. Even regardless of performance those two wins have probably given him time till at least the autumn now.

If he loses to England, will the knives be out do you think? Or does that not matter so much now that he's got a couple of wins in his pocket?

Not that I'm saying he will lose to England, of course, just curious how important the game is for Pivac right now.

Latest posts