If you could remove one Commentator

The_Wol

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Reds
If you could remove one commentator forever from your viewing experience who would you pick?

For me it's a simple one Phil Kearns. He's got to be the worst commentator on the planet. A hypocrite and a NSW blinded fool.

Phil Kearns should be banned from commenting lol, with the nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

Phil Kearns should be banned from commenting lol, with the nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

He honestly has to be one of the worst commentators. I mean South African Commentators can be boring but at least they aren't as bias as him. Imagine a game commentated by just him and Justin Marshall. You'd get 0 useful information. Although you would get a lot of "boomfa" and "Me oh my I enjoyed that yes boy" which may make up for it.

yeah Phil Kearns. i dont mind him being bias but heaps of the sht he says is just plain wrong. i hated it when his answer to WBs problems was to give it to folau

Guess this seems a bit SH here right now, but can I say both Stuart Barnes and Eddie Butler. Can't stand either of them.

Eddie "effing" Butler.

I am no fan of Barnes either but push come to shove the choice is easy. For a bit of positivity I generally like SA commentators the most.

All games should be commentated on by Brian Moore.

No games should be commentated on by the drunk embittered Stuart Barnes. The joy he takes when England play poorly makes me wish he'd played for Wales instead. I get Welsh people disliking English rugby but Barnes is borderline treasonous.

Andrew Cotter and Brian Moore is my favourite combo with Paul O'Connell and Sam Warburton in the studio. The British and Irish Lions of rugby commentary :D

Look just because nobody can name a half decent Irish commentator doesn't mean you can go after the only good one us English have.
I find him awfully obnoxious. I rarely get annoyed by commentary though, and definitely not relative to this place, so it's not the content.

Also Rule Nugent and Mark Robson are class!

Look just because nobody can name a half decent Irish commentator doesn't mean you can go after the only good one us English have.

How many commentators appear as characters in non rugby books and have their own parody song? Ryle Nugent is a giant amongst men and Tommy Bowe's career wouldn't be half of what it was without him.

Ronson's iconic 'sugarman' isn't half bad either.

He honestly has to be one of the worst commentators. I mean South African Commentators can be boring but at least they aren't as bias as him. Imagine a game commentated by just him and Justin Marshall. You'd get 0 useful information. Although you would get a lot of "boomfa" and "Me oh my I enjoyed that yes boy" which may make up for it.

LOL, Marshall sure does have entertainment value in his commentary.

Latest posts