• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

If you were USA Rugby how would you start a league?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> I believe one thing that would help would be to bring in coaches and former stars from all over Europe...like bring in Umaga, Johnny Wilkinson, Jonah, etc... Also see if American stars that play over seas will play in this league.

In response to fcukernaut...I don't think Rugby will be bigger than the NHL right away, but with the right promotion and media coverage this will be a profitable league...and as the profits grow, so will the salaries of the players and this will attract players from other countries...no one is expecting this to be an overnight thing...but in time this could be just as big as all the other leagues in America, except for maybe MLB and the NFL...but like all great things it will take time.
[/b]

Yea but if i am ever playing for a team in europe theres no chance in hell i'd come here to play instead
[/b][/quote]

No but you might be able to do both...if the seasons are at different times then maybe...i mean this is all speculation, but if i played overseas and my season was over and the Americans offered me some money to play and maybe some incentives, id consider it [/b][/quote]

Yea i can see where you are coming from like giving back to the countries union, but i highly doubt a top euro club would let you do that. I would do it towards the end of my career though, but in the prime i'd have to pass most likely.

If the league has less flair, it won't get noticed. Media flair is everything in the US.

Latest posts