• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I'm getting seriously ****** off!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"We are on our way to taking away all stadiums from rugby…nothing will stop us," Komphela said when Frolick asked eThekwini Metro municipal manager, Dr. Mike Sutcliffe, about the ownership of the Absa Stadium in Durban[/b]

People ask me why i feel the way i feel. Now you know. This is f***ing disgusting. I really can't believe this. These racist assholes need to die. Steve-o, your place or mine?

I can't wait to f*** off out of this country, then I don't have to sit with **** like this everyday.

This Komphela guy is not doing anything to bring peace in South Africa.  What does he want to ruin something that South Africa is known worldwide for?  Does he think South Africa are famous for poofball?  If the stadiums turn into soccer stadiums it will be a huge joke as South Africans as far as soccer goes are....anonymous.

Blacks are playing rugby now....give it 20 years and South African rugby would have the best of whites/blacks/coloureds in their squads...the teams would be very powerful.  South African soccer will never amount to anything 20 years from now.

Yeh read this last night. It is disgusting that Komphela and Frolick are in charge off anything, just shows the attitude of the ANC if they're not controlling their MP's from making these racist speeches.
Yes you heard me, racist.
Quite frankly if a white person had to say that soccer is a sport for criminals there would be a national witch hunt.
But no, Komphela and Frolick can act like 2 power hungery racist tyrants and get away with it because of course you can't be racist when you're black can you?
Where's the international outcry now? These government ANC officials are victimizing a minority ethnic group. Does justice and freedom not swing both ways now?

Although I agree this type of conduct is disgusting but it's more hot air than anything else imo. They can't legally take away any stadium, especially the Shark Tank. The Natal Union have paid their debt off from it, and legally they are sound. They fight these 2 tooth and nail before they try their tricks.

It's almost an extension of the cluster-f*** ideologies which seem to permeate post minority-rule regimes in Africa. Those that represent the majority, often chosen due to their silky words rather than political competence, immediately start ranting on about how private assets should be nationalised and given to 'the people', they then take land from white farmers or mercantile business from Chinese/ Indian immigrants and give it to those who don't have the faintest clue what to do with it.

Then the economy goes down the toilet, just look at Zimbabwe et al.

I've studied Apartheid, it's something i've always had a great deal of interest in, and one of the most extraordinary things to come out of the regime was how white labourers (not landowners), due to the NP's policy of undercutting their services with trained blacks, were forced into a constant state of poverty. People often see what happened through the popular neo-liberal bullshit; whites oppressed blacks, end of story. God forbid people take into account that maybe there was something deeper, maybe like pretty much everywhere in the world, those with the means to move and appropriate capital were f***ing over those less affluent than themselves regardless of their skin colour.

Then the farce continues as somehow populist officials are given the lee-way to make bigoted comments (and policies) because apparently it's their moral right to do so. God knows what will happen when Mandela passes away, somehow I think Perth might find itself with a much larger South African population.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Nov 20 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's almost an extension of the cluster-f*** ideologies which seem to permeate post minority-rule regimes in Africa. Those that represent the majority, often chosen due to their silky words rather than political competence, immediately start ranting on about how private assets should be nationalised and given to 'the people', they then take land from white farmers or mercantile business from Chinese/ Indian immigrants and give it to those who don't have the faintest clue what to do with it.

I've studied Apartheid, it's something i've always had a great deal of interest in, and one of the most extraordinary things to come out of the regime was how white labourers (not landowners), due to the NP's policy of undercutting their services with trained blacks, were forced into a constant state of poverty. People often see what happened through the popular neo-liberal bullshit; whites oppressed blacks, end of story. God forbid people take into account that maybe there was something deeper, maybe like pretty much everywhere in the world, those with the means to move and appropriate capital were f***ing over those less affluent than themselves regardless of their skin colour.

Then the farce continues as somehow populist officials are given the lee-way to make bigoted comments (and policies) because apparently it's their moral right to do so. God knows what will happen when Mandela passes away, somehow I think Perth might find itself with a much larger South African population.[/b]

Amen :bravo:

Transition from apartheid to a stable democracy which respects minorities is obviouly not complete. I hope that SA doesn't diverge from this path and ends up with a corrupted dictatorial regime which is unfortunately the norm of most African nations. The way to democracy has never been easy, it took centuries in Europe. Let's hope SA doesn't get lost.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Nov 20 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Then the farce continues as somehow populist officials are given the lee-way to make bigoted comments (and policies) because apparently it's their moral right to do so. God knows what will happen when Mandela passes away, somehow I think Perth might find itself with a much larger South African population.[/b]
I agree with every bit except the part about Perth....I think the love of rugby will have them coming to Auckland....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Nov 20 2008, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Transition from apartheid to a stable democracy which respects minorities is obviouly not complete. I hope that SA doesn't diverge from this path and ends up with a corrupted dictatorial regime which is unfortunately the norm of most African nations. The way to democracy has never been easy, it took centuries in Europe. Let's hope SA doesn't get lost.[/b]

It is drifting, slowly but surely drifting. At a time when South Africa finds solace in supporting regiemes like the Sudan, Burma and others. It has done more than other Commonwealth members to disrupt and prevent UN sanctions against the Sudan and Zimbabwe, ICC action against the Sudanese President, Omar al-Bashir and UN Human Rights Council action on Iran, Uzbekistan and others on counts of torture and the execution of the underage and mentally disabled.

In short, South Africa is sliding slowly, inexorably towards a grim future. The one bright note is that finally South African elections will be an actual contest with the split of the ANC (one hopes so anyway).

The UK already has a huge South African immigrant population as QKXV may testify to, joining the already large Zimbabwean population. It is so sad that they have to come here rather than benefit from what might have been post 1994...

The story of the Afrikaner has always been one of being driven from "our land" and finding another place to settle. It's been like that for hundreds of years and has it really changed? The Afrikaners left the Cape to settle in Transvaal and Vrystaat (Free State). Maybe not, maybe emigrating is just another journey for our already spread out little nation, who knows?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 20 2008, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I agree with every bit except the part about Perth....I think the love of rugby will have them coming to Auckland....[/b]

There are already enough South Africans living in Perth to influence the Australian Rugby board to play SA test matches over there. I guess the flood gates are really going to open now

See it was just hot air. No need to flee the country.
I'd also like to say well done to the ANC for stepping in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Nov 21 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
See it was just hot air. No need to flee the country.
I'd also like to say well done to the ANC for stepping in.[/b]
Wow it looks like the ANC are not as thick as Komphela....good on them.

There is hope after all for South Africa.\\

Latest posts