• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I'm glad that toulouse isnt in the super league

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Mar 13 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.skysports.com/rugbyleague/match...3115445,00.html

They would of being the absolute whipping boys of the league.

If you get beaten by a NL1 side 70-0 then you really dont deserve to be in the super league[/b]

Widnes were excellent last night and IMO would have beaten some of the weaker SL sides with their precison and pace. Wonderfully creative with some fantastic finishing.

Toulouse looked like exactly what they are... a new team with only one game under their belt. They'll be stonger at home and will get better away after a couple of months.

Toulouse will take a few years to get up to a viable SL bid IMO.... Widnes however should already be in SL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Mar 14 2009, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Mar 13 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.skysports.com/rugbyleague/match...3115445,00.html

They would of being the absolute whipping boys of the league.

If you get beaten by a NL1 side 70-0 then you really dont deserve to be in the super league[/b]

Widnes were excellent last night and IMO would have beaten some of the weaker SL sides with their precison and pace. Wonderfully creative with some fantastic finishing.

Toulouse looked like exactly what they are... a new team with only one game under their belt. They'll be stonger at home and will get better away after a couple of months.

Toulouse will take a few years to get up to a viable SL bid IMO.... Widnes however should already be in SL.
[/b][/quote]

I can understand they are a new team in NL1 terms but i think they shouldn't of being parachuted into NL1 they should of started in NL2 at least and earn its stripes i believe. I hope for french rugby league sake that your right and they start hitting there straps.

Widnes should be in the league great set up and fairly decent fan base it seems is 5k a large crowd for NL1 vambo?.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Mar 14 2009, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Widnes should be in the league great set up and fairly decent fan base it seems is 5k a large crowd for NL1 vambo?.[/b]

Yeah good effort from the Widnes fans. We have friends in Widnes and we had planned to go to this game when the fixtures came out but it got moved to Thursday evening for Sky. We'll go onto a game or two this season.

It's a good stadium... been on for Wigan and it's a cracking atmosphere when there's a good crowd on.

Widnes should be in Super League make no doubt about that whatsoever.

As for Toulouse, I understand what you're saying RUTB, but teams needs to learn the hard way. Look at the Catalans, for example. They are one of Super League's biggest success stories but would they have been so successful had they started in NL1 or NL2? Probably not. They need to compete with some of the big boys.

Latest posts