• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I'm hoping France beat Ireland next weekend

They only nearly did it because the players rebelled and took over from the coach. Yachivili, Harinordoquy and others were the leaders and they're not around anymore, don't think that Dusautoir is of the rebellous kind.
PSA was careful not to include rebel individuals as Mermoz or Trinh-Duc, it won't happen this time around.

No they're not rebellious but if Parra plays that French team tick. Dusautoir is one of the best players around and while he won't rebel he will die on the field for the cause. The French have enough quality means they could crazily turn up and produce on the day. That's the sad thing as well as the fun bit of watching them. God only knows what'll turn up.

I absolutely cannot understand this overrating of Ireland.
Everyone seemed to buy into the media hype surrounding England and actually have them as condensers for the cup.
We now see how misguided that thought was.

I see Ireland as a very similar prospect.
Who have they beaten in the last year that makes people beleive that they somehow stand a chance of beating the Aussies or All Blacks? a South African team that also lost to Wales, Argentina and Japan?

They have been lucky to win the two Six Nations they won, they lost games in both tournaments, and they've lost to us twice in last year.

Ireland are no better than England or Wales.

Look at what Aussie just did to England, they'd do the same to Ireland if they got the opportunity.

This reminds me of that Welsh article the other week that mentioned all the areas Ireland were lacking.

There was also an astonishing opening line that said shrewd rugby people in Wales couldnt understand Irish provinces success because the regions on paper were just as good playing wise. One of the most bizarre pieces I read in a while given the massive gap between provinces and regions.

There obviously is nothing much between the two sides, it's quite hard to split them. It wouldn't surprise me if one team wins convincingly, slight preference is for Ireland and they are favourites on recent form but I can't help thinking France will do them.

I have placed my faith and money on Ireland for this game. France could be playing the AB's soon and looking at knocking them out of the race.

I have placed my faith and money on Ireland for this game. France could be playing the AB's soon and looking at knocking them out of the race.

Im sure the ABs have game plans for either scenario, and will probably be concentrating on factors that they can control with their remaining pool game, such as basic skill execution, defense etc.

Im not saying that the ABs won't be concerned with the ability of either team to beat them on the day, but I don't think historical results will come in to it. I think they will have plans for both opponents, and while they respect both teams abilities, I don't think they fear one team more than the other.

I honestly don't see how people are saying France can knock the all blacks out. I'd LOVE for that to happen since they are my team, but the All Blacks have yet to hit their stride and France, won't be good enough. Hoping i'm wrong of course. Still want to see Ab's vs Ireland.

I honestly don't see how people are saying France can knock the all blacks out. I'd LOVE for that to happen since they are my team, but the All Blacks have yet to hit their stride and France, won't be good enough. Hoping i'm wrong of course. Still want to see Ab's vs Ireland.

I think you are underestimating France and overestimating The All Blacks, certainly from what I've seen so far and don't forget France were the better team in the 2011 final.

No they're not rebellious but if Parra plays that French team tick. Dusautoir is one of the best players around and while he won't rebel he will die on the field for the cause. The French have enough quality means they could crazily turn up and produce on the day. That's the sad thing as well as the fun bit of watching them. God only knows what'll turn up.

I agree, when Parra plays France ticks, but he has to start and Tillous-Borde is Saint-Andre's favourite. There was an article recently by Lievremont, our 2011 coach, saying that France are a 'cameleon' team, meaning that they rise up to their opponents' level on daymatch. I guess that what'll turn up depends as much on us as on the team we're facing.

Why do Wales and England enjoy sustained success against France but not us?

Always found that odd.

The amount of Grand Slams they ruined!

You should be well used to losing to Ireland by now, but I'm sure Oz will introduce you to new level of shame this weekend

- - - Updated - - -

In the unlikely event we do win on Saturday I also really hope we face the prospect of a French semi.

I absolutely cannot even consider the shame of losing to Ireland in a World Cup, I would rather Wales have been knocked out in the pool stages than hand Ireland a ticket to the Final.

Just thinking about it makes me feel sick.

You would rather eat your children than see Ireland win, must be coz ur sick of losing to Ireland

Imagine if the French give the AB's the 1999 treatment? It will absolutely hilarious.

Why do Wales and England enjoy sustained success against France but not us?

Always found that odd.

The amount of Grand Slams they ruined!

We haven't lost to France in 4 years...long may it continue!

Means sod all in a World Cup , all that means is France are due a win...,On the game It's hard to call, if France hit their stride it could become interesting but I have a feeling Ireland will come out on top , they are consistent and just a hard team to beat , Ireland will dominate the line out and t will be a competitive scrum. Italy played well against Ireland but they still came out on top and make no mistake they will be better for this game. Either way it should be a great game on the face of things , rugby will be the winner

Ireland are vastly overrated on here.
We've beaten them consistently over the last ten years, twice in the last year.
I wouldn't be surprised if we do get knocked out before Ireland but only because If we don't beat Aussie, we'd have to play SA, Then the All Blacks to even get to a final.
Ireland Would not beat any of the big 3 SH sides as it stands

How do you know Ireland would not beat any of the big 3 SH sides, you're obsessed with Ireland do you know that, I've viewed your previous comments. Me smells a case of The Green Eyed Monster from Belvedere.

New Zealand will play the runner up of Pool D in the Millennium Stadium. If Ireland beat France, it is a 2007 rematch, same ground and all. Odds on Wayne Barnes to ref, and Michalak to set up the winning try? ;)

Ye all realise Belvedere is a troll yeah???

I'm not trying to provoke for the sake of it.

I stand by my previous comments.

Ireland are overrated, France are underrated.

France will win and Ireland will not see a Semi-final.

And sorry but from experience on many rugby forums, and considering the recent history between us, I simply cannot stand the Irish rugby team and their supporters.

No offence intended.

I'm not trying to provoke for the sake of it.

I stand by my previous comments.

Ireland are overrated, France are underrated.

France will win and Ireland will not see a Semi-final.

And sorry but from experience on many rugby forums, and considering the recent history between us, I simply cannot stand the Irish rugby team and their supporters.

No offence intended.

I'm not trying to provoke you mate but you come across as a complete tool.

No offence intended though.

Latest posts