• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Im New To The Rugby World...

woww, what a GREAT conversation this is. non-stop action :D

well since im new to the world of rugby, i probably wont make a decision on national teams just yet until i sit down and watch to see who I like. I understand theres some 6N games going on this weekend, im gonna do my best to watch them even if it means i will have to wake up at 6 am haha

i recently got some DVDs of some games from the Guinness Premiership from my cousin. I really like the London Irish, look like a club capable of some damage. Then you have your obviously good teams like the Leicester Tigers and Gloucester. I forgot many of the players names though lol.

I just got some Top 14 matches that I plan on seeing soon.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
As for the commentators, the Kiwi ones are the only ones you can listen to because both the Aussie and Saffa commentators are biased, I used to think the Saffas were alright but they are just as clueless as the Aussie commentators....at least they ain't Welsh commentators though, they were terrible in the WC :p
[/b]

Wow. Really? If I were an Aussie or Saffa I'd love to kick Grant Nisbett in the nuts. That said, I'd love to kick Phil Kearns and Kobus Wiese in the nuts for example, as I'm a Kiwi. I think all commentators are biased. But your right, those Welsh boys are horrible, especially that high pitched whine of Jonathan Davies.
[/b][/quote]
At least the Kiwi commentators speak about the other team occasionally and if a well play is done by a non Kiwi team they will acknowledge it....and Murray Mexted is the bloke that constantly rabbits on about stupid stuff right? ....I don't think anyone could like him....it's funny though when he comes out with one of those comments and you can hear his fellow commentator just pausing while obviously thinking 'you are a bloody knob mate'...

And don't be saying anything against Kearnsy, if there was a 'fantasy commentary' game he would be my captain!
[/b][/quote]

Yeah that's Mexted alright. No one knows if he intentionally makes crude and inappropriate remarks or he actually does it on purpose. He's a blithering idiot none-the-less.

Australia wise: Kearnsy, Marto, Kafe, etc... are annoying to say the least. I hate it how they get excited whenever someone such as Tuqiri touches the ball, even if he isn't going anywhere. And "Kafe's classroom" or whatever the f*** it is, going on about set backline moves as if he knows it all. Although, they have a good laugh and aren't very serious so it is quite entertaining watching a game between an NZ and AUS team. Thank god Gordon Bray has f***ed off to Tennis these days.

SA wise: Stransky is okay, he's not very bias and doesn't commentate to one specific team. Kobus Wiese is a gigantic baffoon with the worst buzz cut ever, I hate him. Hugh Bladen is probably the best all round commentator in the world. All the rest are one eyed cocks.

NZ wise: Mexted = idiot. Nisbett is also an idiot who couldn't tell Jerry Collins and Dan Carter apart and consistently mis reads the game. Ian Smith is a fat ex cricketer who doesn't know much and John Drake is the most irritating prick in the business, he sounds like he's drowning in a pig trough. Jon Preston is the only decent NZ commentator, but they use him on the sidelines and for post game interviews, what a waste.

Australia wise: Kearnsy, Marto, Kafe, etc... are annoying to say the least. I hate it how they get excited whenever someone such as Tuqiri touches the ball, even if he isn't going anywhere. And "Kafe's classroom" or whatever the f*** it is, going on about set backline moves as if he knows it all. Although, they have a good laugh and aren't very serious so it is quite entertaining watching a game between an NZ and AUS team. Thank god Gordon Bray has f***ed off to Tennis these days.
[/b]
I was actually going to talk about the over-excitement when an average player for the Tahs or the Reds touch the ball....but I re-read it and realised it was kinda venemous to the easterners :p It is a huge problem and makes me cringe every time...

Kafe's Chalkboard is great, although it's elementary stuff it is actually stuff that works for other teams yet most of the franchises in Aussie still play thier one dimensional play. For example there was one how he showed how the Blues were exploiting staggered lines in the backline, a really basic backline formation and showed it in comparison to the Australian franchises, I believe the Tahs at the time, who had thier backline completely flat and they would often recieve the ball flat-footed and get hammered by defence...even though it is basic stuff for you Kiwi's and Saffas the idiots in the positions that count don't seem to get it...hence why Kafe's Chalkboard is important...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I was actually going to talk about the over-excitement when an average player for the Tahs or the Reds touch the ball....but I re-read it and realised it was kinda venemous to the easterners :p It is a huge problem and makes me cringe every time...

Kafe's Chalkboard is great, although it's elementary stuff it is actually stuff that works for other teams yet most of the franchises in Aussie still play thier one dimensional play. For example there was one how he showed how the Blues were exploiting staggered lines in the backline, a really basic backline formation and showed it in comparison to the Australian franchises, I believe the Tahs at the time, who had thier backline completely flat and they would often recieve the ball flat-footed and get hammered by defence...even though it is basic stuff for you Kiwi's and Saffas the idiots in the positions that count don't seem to get it...hence why Kafe's Chalkboard is important...
[/b][/quote]

Well come to think of it, it is a good thing to show throughout the game,it's not all that straightforward and it is good for viewers both new to the game and ones who do like the in-depth analysis. I just can't take the guy seriously, it's like he has 50-grit sandpaper lodged in his throat. I seriously recommend either Lemsip Max or Strepsils.

Well come to think of it, it is a good thing to show throughout the game,it's not all that straightforward and it is good for viewers both new to the game and ones who do like the in-depth analysis. I just can't take the guy seriously, it's like he has 50-grit sandpaper lodged in his throat. I seriously recommend either Lemsip Max or Strepsils.
[/b]
I thought he was a South African or something? And that'd be the accent...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I thought he was a South African or something? And that'd be the accent...
[/b][/quote]

Same here at first, until I heard he used to be a fly half for the Wallabies.

Latest posts