• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I'm very confused

H

Haysie

Hey guys, I'm struggling to grasp the whole concept of modding Rugby 06.

Say I found a kit that I wanted, to replace (for example) the existing Queensland Reds one, what would I need to do?
I have nothing but the original Rugby 06.

Well, you need to get some kit templates (blank ones from EVOL are good) then you update the kit in a photo editor, like photoshop where you can make great kits with practice.. or you can just alter the reds one in the game.

Then you will need fshed (for .fsh files) and biggui (for .big files) to export and import graphics into their relative files.

If you wanna edit a kit that's originally in the game you have to open up data.gob (found in the data folder of main directory) and then find the kit with the location code. You can find that from EVOL's r08 kit list (r06 and r08 are generally exactly the same for kit location codes).

If you wanna import the kit, you still need the .big file so once you have that then find the .fsh file in data.gob too and you can start importing.

The .fsh is the back of the shirt only. There are 22 images to make, 1 for each number. A .fsh (called kit) is also needed and this is the rest of the kit (shorts, front of shirt, sleeves, socks, thigh tape). Once you have saved the kit and 22 kitbacks, you use fshed to import them into the .fsh files.

You only need to put the kit.fsh back into the .big file, and you do this by opening up biggui (from the location code you exported) and save the kit.fsh into it.

Then you just have to copy the .fsh kitback file and the .big file mentioned above into the main directory (NOT DATA.GOB) then load the game and it should work.

I will make a full tutorial at some stage.

Latest posts