• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Immigrating to a better life (Or trying to anyway...)

J

Jer1cho

So, this past weekend my girl and i went to an Expo on how to immigrate to New Zealand and what it has to offer. Gee, what a mission. It costs a boat load, and the Television industry (which is my business) is apparently so super hard to get into. :(

Oh how i would love to move there and mix some reunion. :p

Anyway, is it a mission to get into all countries if you are South African? I can get into the UK without any hassles, as i have British citizenship due to my father being born and bred in a place called Swindon Town in England. I don't want to go to the UK though... Too much football, too overpopulated, and horrible weather and crappy beaches...

Basically, i am over living here, too much political crap, crime, etc etc, and ultimately, the TV industry is booming everywhere except here... But yeah, just wondering if maybe someone else immigrated, or plans to, or went through the horrific process I'm trying to find out about...

Damn I wouldn't have a clue on how to help you out. Weird considering the fact that I'm nz born Samoan and a lot of my family went through that process. The only info I can give is at there is a high demand for Builders, Plumbers and people with IT qualifications. The pay is good and finding a job in those areas shouldn't be too hard. Apart from that though I know f*** all really...

Damn I wouldn't have a clue on how to help you out. Weird considering the fact that I'm nz born Samoan and a lot of my family went through that process. The only info I can give is at there is a high demand for Builders, Plumbers and people with IT qualifications. The pay is good and finding a job in those areas shouldn't be too hard. Apart from that though I know f*** all really...[/b]

Maybe it's time for me to consider a career change. Sigh... :( That really sucks.

I know! I remember Cantona putting stud-marks into a Swindon players back![/b]

Yeah. It was his chest. And Cantona got red carded and we drew the game! But were relegated soon after. Never recovered after that one... :(

Just come to Perth, that's where all the other Saffa's wanting to get away from the rubbish go.

According to Schalk Burger it's like Bloemfentain by the sea....Is that an insult?

Just come to Perth, that's where all the other Saffa's wanting to get away from the rubbish go.

According to Schalk Burger it's like Bloemfentain by the sea....Is that an insult?[/b]

Yes and no... But yeah, it's so bloody hard getting a job in this industry. Let alone elsewhere! Well i'm gonna keep trying. :)

Bloemfontein is pretty crap, but anything is nice at the sea. Maybe thats what he means???

If you want work in Aus then Melbourne is probably a good bet as it seems to be the entertainment/television capital of the country. Sydney would offer a fair bit too, but somehow I think Melbourne is better for TV. Of course in Sydney there'd be more rugby though.

Hectic. 2 of my step fathers friends have immigrated to NZ this year already and my cousin is moving to Brisbane soon. Atleast I can get some cheap accommodation now!
PS Bloemfontein is crap

Move to sunny Wales! Booming TV industry (as long as you don't mind working on endless episodes of Doctor Who), lots of rugby (of variable quality), and low population density.

So, this past weekend my girl and i went to an Expo on how to immigrate to New Zealand and what it has to offer. Gee, what a mission. It costs a boat load, and the Television industry (which is my business) is apparently so super hard to get into. :( [/b]

if you want to immigrate to NZ, you should check if Shortland Street is looking for a south african character. if so, your pretty much in... alternatively you could star in a show they make over there called Motorway Patrol. All you have to do is smoke ice (P), steal a car and drive as fast as you can on an auckland motorway, that is guaranteed stardom right there!

With a UK passport you can actually go to any of the EU countries.
[/b]
I think he wants to move to a country where he can understand the language. >_>

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I think he wants to move to a country where he can understand the language. >_> [/b][/quote]

And so what? Is learning forbidden?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I think he wants to move to a country where he can understand the language. >_> [/b][/quote]

And so what? Is learning forbidden?
[/b][/quote]
No, but learning a different language can take a lot of time. I assume Jericho wants to move and settle in immediately, not after months of learning French or Spanish etc.. No need to get testy.

Immigrate to south australia you could get a job at central tv in Port Pirie no actually that would probably put you in a worse situation that you are in now. :lol:

Go to Perth,Sydney,Brisbane,Adelaide or Melbourne too bad your not a doctor or a teacher that could get you anywhere in Australia however you would get drafted by the government to be a doctor in a shithole like my town Port Lincoln, which half the doctors are saffas thinking they could get away from there shithole only to be dropped into another one by the government to look after our health, because noone wants to come here people who are from here that are doctors get the hell out.

So yeah go to the capital cities dont bother outside it and thats coming from someone who has lived in the country for 13 years and to think people from the city pay hand over fist for property in the "country". :toss:

So yeah come to Australia avoid outside Sydney Melbourne Brisbane Perth Adelaide.

Latest posts