• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Impact players

R

Rugby game fan

Hi there,

Just thought I'd post about using impact players off the bench for when both your team and the computer team are tiring towards the match.

As the computer does not make subs (apart from injuries, and even then it is the wrong player for the position normally! he he) the AI teams get tired, and a few well chosen 'impact' subs can help immensely - even if they are not great players. The fact that they are fresh can often allow them to break a tackle or two when they would not normally.

This is useful early on in WL, as it kind of gives your incoming players a bit of a boost in (physical) ability (only because the computer players are tiring). As subs are not limited then you can 'freshen' a good proportion of your team (you do have to have to keep pausing and subbing though, which is probably enough to put most people off!!!)

For example I brought on O'Leary, the reserve winger on WL on hard the other day, at the end of a match. He took the ball off a short pass from a ruck near the tryline (it was his first touch, which I think is another important aspect) and he burst through a tackle and strolled over.

Any coments/experiences?

I don't really bother with subs. I occasionally like to watch the Haka done right, so I leave Spencer on and then sub Mehrts on afterwards.

Originally posted by Rugby game fan@Apr 21 2005, 08:58 PM
Hi there,

Just thought I'd post about using impact players off the bench for when both your team and the computer team are tiring towards the match.

As the computer does not make subs (apart from injuries, and even then it is the wrong player for the position normally! he he) the AI teams get tired, and a few well chosen 'impact' subs can help immensely - even if they are not great players. The fact that they are fresh can often allow them to break a tackle or two when they would not normally.

This is useful early on in WL, as it kind of gives your incoming players a bit of a boost in (physical) ability (only because the computer players are tiring). As subs are not limited then you can 'freshen' a good proportion of your team (you do have to have to keep pausing and subbing though, which is probably enough to put most people off!!!)

For example I brought on O'Leary, the reserve winger on WL on hard the other day, at the end of a match. He took the ball off a short pass from a ruck near the tryline (it was his first touch, which I think is another important aspect) and he burst through a tackle and strolled over.

Any coments/experiences?
I think its a real shame the AI don't bring on subs because it gives the human player an unfair advantage - there have been a few games where I have been 10- 20 points behind, brought on a few subs and then scored a string of tries to win the game

The only way to avoid this is to obviously stop bringing on subs or reduce the stamina bar in the settings menu so no one tires.

This idea has been sent to andrew wilson with many others, i think. He might be with HB Studios so [email protected] could be incorrect. If this is so what would the e-mail be for hb studios.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 22 2005, 11:22 AM
This idea has been sent to andrew wilson with many others, i think. He might be with HB Studios so [email protected] could be incorrect. If this is so what would the e-mail be for hb studios.
Just look carefully in the sites on contact lists and mass-send to all relevant addresses...but this ight not eb good enough if hasn't worked so far - DON"T guess the address!!(?)

search google for HB studios (Canada) and EA actual Office addresses and contacts - NOT the stupid games sights etc......

then use those email addresses and again mass-send and repeat the send, say, ten times a day (take a few seconds) for about two months.....Be relentless.

We demand the best, even if they do not do so of themselves.

<

When the fatigue setting is notched quite high, the players get noticeably tired as the game goes on.

Why you can't make more than one sub at a time and can't swap players from one position to another while the game is ongoing is beyond me though.

it seriously does get annoying having to swap each player one at a time...how bout this

put your impact players on fisrt and score alot of try's and win the game!
easy aye....coz where in the hell did EA get the idea...."hey, i think we should allow only 1 sub for every break in the game.....coz everyone knows thats how rugby is REALLY played."
<

well...I am confused at the fact you are confused and about me being confused about confused being confused.

This could go on forever
<

Latest posts