• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

important news (i am not worthy of capslock)

• Thread starter lewseys got it covered
  • Start date
So have you pair got like a tag team thing goin' on? You know, with costumes and everything???
<

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 01:29 PM
lol. well rc2006 is not looking good again you can't even edit the nobodies names in the career mode and ak47 seems to have master the chip and grubber in one day of playing. ea06 defintely will sell well in nz as rc2006 has too much of a nh slant to it and just simple has no depth to it
and when queried on the short ball through the line....

has staed he is not sure yet if it possible.....!?

eh?

Just run a tiny bit sideways and pass to your number 12 and run him straight through the line......if you can, you can, if you can't, you can't......

attack sounds samey to me if this is not even known yet.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 2 2006, 12:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 2 2006, 12:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 2 2006, 01:29 PM
lol. well rc2006 is not looking good again you can't even edit the nobodies names in the career mode and ak47 seems to have master the chip and grubber in one day of playing. ea06 defintely will sell well in nz as rc2006 has too much of a nh slant to it and just simple has no depth to it

eh?

Just run a tiny bit sideways and pass to your number 12 and run him straight through the line......if you can, you can, if you can't, you can't......

attack sounds samey to me if this is not even known yet. [/b]
oh FFS

its more complex than that

wait till u play

howz ur form

"oh just run with #12 a tiny bit sideways"

well in this game u gotto wait until the pop ball

so running a tiny bit sideways with ur #12, is well....just running a tiny bit sideways, its more complex - WHICH IS GOOD

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Feb 2 2006, 01:33 PM
So have you pair got like a tag team thing goin' on? You know, with costumes and everything???
<
does an incomplete game bring you joy if it does kudos to you then. if you can enjoy rc2006 as it is out of the box then fair dinkum. others of us though do like to be able to do simple things like change player names in career mode like you can in other parts of the same game. the fact rc2006 doesn't have all the licenses doesn't faze me having the tools and means to fix it does.

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 2 2006, 02:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 2 2006, 02:00 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 2 2006, 12:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 2 2006, 01:29 PM

eh?

attack sounds samey to me if this is not even known yet.
oh FFS

its more complex than that

wait till u play

howz ur form

"oh just run with #12 a tiny bit sideways"

well in this game u gotto wait until the pop ball

so running a tiny bit sideways with ur #12, is well....just running a tiny bit sideways, its more complex - WHICH IS GOOD [/b]
I meant - just run a bit sideways with your #10..thropw a dummy inside and send your next runner - #12 hopefully!! - straight into the line....even if he gets tackled...

pretty strange if can't be done.....I'd do it 20+ a game in 05....I'll just need variety if there is no set plays....I sense I'll be doing either:

- draw and pass with overlap to corner
- stepping the fullback but having no idea which way he is gonna go
- or grubbering/chipping the fullback and following it thru with my replenished speed bar
- angling in and away to beat the first man and then the second if I need - regardless of whether it is more difficult to do..if it CAN be done, it will be done. silly little automan around the corner jag steps all over again..ye gods!!

If there is, like, 10 more ways...then AWESOME!! don't get me wrong.....but I fear this covers most of it....
<
...I hope not.

we're being critical by observation - me and esoj - not by pre-meditation. The posts we are replying to seem like pre-mediatated and self-justifying positivity to me......better to be harsh on the facts than gloss them over I say....for the good of comsumers i.e. US.

I wouldn't be saying all this If I actually thought it looked good....

Oh and of course I am halving their sales with my army of truth...

<
<

no seriously.

<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 2 2006, 01:58 PM
- draw and pass with overlap to corner
- stepping the fullback but having no idea which way he is gonna go
- or grubbering/chipping the fullback and following it thru with my replenished speed bar
- angling in and away to beat the first man and then the second if I need - regardless of whether it is more difficult to do..if it CAN be done, it will be done. silly little automan around the corner jag steps all over again..ye gods!!
yep and some more

inside ball from winger back to outside centre, if 2 tight and near sideline
steamroll with hit-up with forward
dive over with #9 from ruck
pushover tries scrums - #8 pick-up
cross kick from #10 to winger
cross grubber from anyone to winger
big hit on defense near line, drops it and dive on it for a try

none of the above happens 100% of the time........its dependent on the elements involved..............support play, defensive set-up, size/speed of players, which is different everytime coz ur lead-up to these situations is rarely mirrored, and the same goes for ur scenarios already confirmed from WCR....the dive tackle adds alot more failures to the usual WCR rorts...........its like the ankle tap in EA05...u will get done when u least expect it.

IMO about as much variety in scoring tries as EA05.

yeah good amount of ways to score there it seems. los would know how it compares to ea05 beter than I do.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 03:22 PM
yeah good amount of ways to score there it seems. los would know how it compares to ea05 beter than I do.
well it doesn't - fact.

and rugby 05 is old hat now.....so unacceptable...

Am I really to count:

pass back in from winger to outside centre?
Grubber (oh dear god no) for winger?
barge with no. 8 or dive over with 9?
Ball being dropped by forward in tackle - picking up and diving over?

am I to count these as the variations of tries!!!?

No, no...

ball in hand too....sweeping moves in one movement......you mention one - passing back to the centre from winger back to 13 when run out of room.....I mean.....no offence, but so what?

all those tries and plenty. plenty more are in 05 and that was limited supposedly (and indeed partly is)...

if you score a pop ball try - then that will be the only try that can be scored differently.....

what about throwing a long ball, angling the run off the catch back towards the opposition and slipping the ball to the man on the dummy round who cuts in the opposite direction and throws a short ball to the full back who has scythed into the line and cuts straight through with the fullback to beat...stepping manually left and right he approaches the fullback on the halfway line and clean steps the fullback with an analogue step back on the inside and then runs (without grubbering it ahead of yourself for no realistic reason)..are you ready for it...the ENTIRETY of the rest of the field HIMSELF.

Yep, sounds like rugby 06...and easily could be.....Locksley would stand uo and say YEP! straight away at the possibility of this in EA6....BUT - I am talking about 05.

<

<

<

Yep - 05.

could it be done in WCR2? No.....it is a game where the runners do not give you options and the SPEED BAR would prevent the man going all the way after beating the fullback on the half way line with out grubbering ahead to himself or unnecessarily passing it again to the chagrin of his coach...

Thus, apart from pop ball - a must now anyway - it is more limited than rugby 05.....

how the grubber kick could satisfy anyone who has played RC2006 after playing WCR - is quite beyond me. It would be like EA having the animation problem still.....but they improved their game as asked. Swordfish did not...in likenesses they went backwards...in most gameplay apart from pop balls - they went nowhere.

**edit - Oh...and I didn't even mention...how often does your fullback come into the line - so as to achieve tries with variety like the one above?

Fullback? heavily involved is he?
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 2 2006, 03:31 PM
how the grubber kick could satisfy anyone who has played RC2006 after playing WCR - is quite beyond me.
coz i have been playing EA05 for the past year, and RL2
<

thats why

was a very good reminder of how it SHOULD be played

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 2 2006, 04:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 2 2006, 04:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 2 2006, 03:31 PM
how the grubber kick could satisfy anyone who has played RC2006 after playing WCR - is quite beyond me.
coz i have been playing EA05 for the past year, and RL2
<

thats why

was a very good reminder of how it SHOULD be played [/b]
we'll see what ya think in a fortnight bro....

or -

after the equivalant of $25 worth of hiring the game......and with EA06 about to come out.....can you really, well you will but someone else then, be arsed having two games if one os clearly better and you won't play the other one anymore?

<

Originally posted by esoj+Feb 2 2006, 02:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Feb 2 2006, 02:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT
@Feb 2 2006, 01:33 PM
<
does an incomplete game bring you joy if it does kudos to you then. if you can enjoy rc2006 as it is out of the box then fair dinkum. others of us though do like to be able to do simple things like change player names in career mode like you can in other parts of the same game. the fact rc2006 doesn't have all the licenses doesn't faze me having the tools and means to fix it does. [/b]
Some of us would also like a responsive player control which a certain League game forgot to do...

*Waits for lame ass one liner from AK-47 or SANZAR as they try to cram all the hate they can into the short passage of time before Rugby 06 finishes them off*

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 2 2006, 03:36 PM
can you really, well you will but someone else then, be arsed having two games if one os clearly better and you won't play the other one anymore?

<
for me no

for other yes u have a good point,

for me - a bunch of us like to smash multiplayer games

Sometimes we load Mario Kart
Sometimes we load GT4

Depends what mood your in, and how many beers u have drank

RC2006 will be a very good game ******, in multiplayer
EA06 potentially could be too simulated to play drunk...see GT4 analogy above

of course we will try both....just like we had preferences over ESPN2k5, and Madden2005 and vice versa

I owned both coz they excelled in different areas the counterpart didnt

I have owned every rugby game since ET's....and i shall uphold this tradition for as long as i financially can.............although in 2004, with EA, i was deeply gutted, that my tradition was flawed, and nearly gave up on it

Originally posted by Ripper+Feb 2 2006, 03:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Feb 2 2006, 03:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 02:34 PM
<

does an incomplete game bring you joy if it does kudos to you then. if you can enjoy rc2006 as it is out of the box then fair dinkum. others of us though do like to be able to do simple things like change player names in career mode like you can in other parts of the same game. the fact rc2006 doesn't have all the licenses doesn't faze me having the tools and means to fix it does.
Some of us would also like a responsive player control which a certain League game forgot to do...

*Waits for lame ass one liner from AK-47 or SANZAR as they try to cram all the hate they can into the short passage of time before Rugby 06 finishes them off* [/b]
ripper dude got the wrong thing with me man

I hope EA06 rocks our socks and i reckon it will
<

RL2 was balls and Sidhe have kicked me in the teeth again.
<

EA got me to buy a fookin 360 at AUD$650.00
<
<
<

Fight Night and Tiger Woods
<
<
<

Now i dont hate them individually................but i do hate bigass corporations.

u wont see me online with BigBond connection...........when i get hooked up the little fellas will be my service
<

Originally posted by Ripper+Feb 2 2006, 04:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Feb 2 2006, 04:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 02:34 PM
<

*Waits for lame ass one liner from AK-47 or SANZAR as they try to cram all the hate they can into the short passage of time before Rugby 06 finishes them off* [/b]
I am hoping they will be left now to keep talking the nonsense...so that they are not 'finished off' by 06, but rather slapped upon the metaphorical medieval rack and stretched over many hours until at breking point they **** themselves and expire.

Metaphorically mind you.....

It seems so easy from the outside looking in...but when you waste money on a agme you justfy it....

I remember thinking initially that 'the game we must never speak of' was pretty damn cool!!!

I mean WTF!!!

But AK - well I just expected better....again this will make him bitter and astute again hopefully - but it obviously wears off or something.....as not long after RL2, he has been spanked by deceit again ( although I thought all of its shocking aspects had been outlined already), and is semmingly loving it.

It's another one from the strange but true file...as are those others blindly defending the game

strange indeed.

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 2 2006, 04:51 PM
Now i dont hate them individually................but i do hate bigass corporations.

u wont see me online with BigBond connection...........when i get hooked up the little fellas will be my service
<
COMMUNIST!

one thing u all got wrong is that i never hyped this up

i came here to post my thoughts

u countered with questions, i answered and u countered with loaded responses, without having played a damn thing in either of the 2006 releases

as for me wasting money

not really

its pride

its a tradition in ak47land to buy every rugby game....since ET's

tradition is worth more than dollars..........my loyal blood speaks louder than my wallet..............just look at my avatar
<

u already made your minds up so why re-post?

Here's my predicitions
EA06 will be the best Rugby game of 2006.
Australia will win the VB series
Raiders will finish top 8
AB's to win the Tri Nations, but LOSE the Bledisoe
Nadal will win another slam this year
Tiger Woods will win another major or 2 in 2006
DAnny Green will pump the CAT MUNDINE
Ak47 will walk out of pub on April 25, atleast $100.00 richer........come on the TAILS!!!

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 2 2006, 05:04 PM

u countered with questions, i answered and u countered with loaded responses, without having played a damn thing in either of the 2006 releases

as for me wasting money

not really

its pride

tradition is worth more than dollars..........my loyal blood speaks louder than my wallet..............just look at my avatar
<

Here's my predicitions
Ak47 will walk out of pub on April 25, atleast $100.00 richer........come on the TAILS!!!
<

righto...

he's in retreat mode fellaz - after a day.

<

God love ya AK!!

<
<

Regarding the Release date, on EAplay.com.au, (The Australian EA website) has a countown of releases for games and Rugby 06 is there.

Its here on the left hand side. 20 days and counting.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 2 2006, 04:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 2 2006, 04:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 2 2006, 05:04 PM

as for me wasting money

not really

its pride

<

Here's my predicitions
<

righto...

he's in retreat mode fellaz - after a day.

<

God love ya AK!!

<
<
[/b]
I gotto wind up soon mate I am leaving work in an 1hr max

And have a whole night of RC2006
<
……………….is it worth the $65.00

YES………I have seen worse cost more

Will it be better than EA06 â€" I doubt it, based on Locks review

p.s LOS I gotto retreat coz ak47’s don’t have 8 hrs of ammo

will meet back in the trenches tomorrow………perhaps we can play some 2-up?
<

I never said you do did others though did hype it up. I haven't made my mind up yet either that would be crazy. I am waiting for both to come out so that i can make an informed decision. your answers to our questions have been very insightful and helpful in understanding the gam. if i could I would get both but I can only get one so want to get the right one and also if i did get both one will end up on the shelf not being played at all. its like blic and eacricket05 you are crazy to have both as ea is so bad.

Latest posts