• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Important Notice: Faatau82

F

Fa'atau82

Hi guys,

It looks as if my modding days for EA Rugby will be less after June 1st, because will very likely be taking a new job indefinitely, which means i will not be at home or have the time to make the volume of mods i make anymore. It is nothing to do with computer games, just an opportunity in my dental career.

I will still mod and make kits and stuff, but i simply will not have any time after travelling to and from work (could be up to 4 hrs commute/overtime) to make any major mods. My current projects will remain, i will aim to upload what i have done on the mods, and if anyone wants to complete them (i.e rosters) then they are very welcome.

The situation with the 06 legends patch is that all that needs doing is making a roster really, which i have started.. and there are no minikits, and i found it very hard to get any decent looking resolution for new ones i made that are different from the old style.

It will get released, but it may take several months.. realistically by December 09.

Thanks for all your support and help, i'm still here active and will mod regularly, but not in the way i was before.

Thanks and regards,
Faatau82

Good Luck with the career path man, thanks for all your time and effort for all your incredible work on the forum. As for the Legends patch you should put yourself in the roster as a reminder of how much work you have done for the community..... LOL!
Thanks again.

Thanks...Awesome work :bravo:

Good luck for the work in Canterbury. Don't forget to check the Canterbury prog rock, awesome bands (Soft machine, Caravan, Camel...).

Thanks guys. I will still release a fair amount of mods.. hopefully if a new game does come out then there won't be so much work to do!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ May 9 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks guys. I will still release a fair amount of mods.. hopefully if a new game does come out then there won't be so much work to do![/b]

cheers 4 the all the work u've i particulary liked the work u did with the World Cup kits and S14 kits as most of the kits of this site are mostly Euro Kits hope to c more of work in future its funny im in a need of dentist in the next couple of day lol

Well, i enjoy modding, and will continue. I am also gettign back into music, and i will start writing sings again. It's a shame i ain't got a laptop, cos if i had to get the train, i'd have the 4 hours of boredom i need to make a roster!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ May 9 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, i enjoy modding, and will continue. I am also gettign back into music, and i will start writing sings again. It's a shame i ain't got a laptop, cos if i had to get the train, i'd have the 4 hours of boredom i need to make a roster![/b]

so u kiwi or aussie? quick question u just mentioned roster i was wondering would it hassle cos i cant be bothered finding it (i think this ur probs happy ur not gonna do as many mods nemore cos its sumtimes its ppl who r 2 lazy 2 find out certain things themselvs and bug the uber modders on this site) if u upload ur commentary file ? also i have a quick ive noticed must ppl have had problems uploading faces onto 08 what roster do u use when adding ur faces?

I'm English, but i like to think i have a little bit of Samoan in me.

There is no commentary file, and there are no new comnames for download. The commentary file is part of the game, and is ok so we don't edit it. But you could change audio to players like Cipriani or Armitage for example (which are not audio in the game) by making your own audio file by synching parts of files together and using that as a new audio name. But no-one has tried this yet.

To add faces, you can do it in three ways. If the face is already in the game, and we just improved it or made it current (hairstyle etc) then you just add it to the directory. You'd need to make sure the players have their ids assigned though, which should be normal in all rosters.

If it's a new face (like J M Hernandez) then it will be one of two ways. Either it is a new filename and you just add it, or it will replace a face that is not used anymore (Will Greenwood). You need to know the id's to assign in the roster, so the game loads that file. It can be done with any roste, but you must have the files in the directory updated.

best of luck man and thanks for the many great mods and the malta shirt and ball :)

hey man take care. you truly made rugby08/06 alot better and much more worthwhile than the lazy **** ea pulls off. :bond:

:ninj:

Uli posted some links on facebook, and i'm not sure if this is his new files or my 'old' ones. These projects will still be released.. it's mainly roster and that stuff that i hadn't started. I will at some stage upload all my retro kits somewhere, unless i release the patch first.

cheers man its seems that more of the faces work with the mup patch compared to the default rosters n such. However extremly annoyed that the orange headgear is still prominent i understand if it cant be moved n such its stupid how the game cant recognise sum of the good faces that u and other modders have made.

Latest posts