RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Hey Guys,

just after posting the thread about a former Oz captain that died, I thought perhaps we should make an In Memoriam Thread. And then merge all the threads regarding the death of players into that one thread. It might clear up a lot of congestion on the forum as these threads all seem to be about 3-6 pages long, with the odd one making more posts like Jonah Lomu.

What do you think?

I understand the logic but I feel individual threads are the best way. Think its more respectful. Even if certain threads get more attention than others

I understand the logic but I feel individual threads are the best way. Think its more respectful. Even if certain threads get more attention than others

Understandable, I was thinking that perhaps individual threads could still be opened, and then when everyone has said what they wanted to say, move that individual thread to the In Memoriam thread.

I think it's a very good idea and had meant to suggest something similar when I posted about Norm Hadley. The occasional very sad case of contemporary greats like Collins or Lomu will attract a lot of comments and warrant their own thread. But that won't be the case for the majority of people joining the great scrum in the sky as they will generally be much older and less prominent to most forumites.

Latest posts